• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 - All In

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RaiderZar, i agree 100%.. Its up to MS though to keep Carr on the bench.. I tell you something dude, DC has a Farve type arm, and Gannon type moves with his 4.6 speed in the open field.. A true franchise type QB!! There is NOT a throw in the game that he can't make.. I too would like to sit him for a year, cuz i know our OL will be top 3 next year!! Then unleash him on the AFC West!! The key to the future of Carr?? IS coaching!!

NickTheGreek

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RaiderZar, i agree 100%.. Its up to MS though to keep Carr on the bench.. I tell you something dude, DC has a Farve type arm, and Gannon type moves with his 4.6 speed in the open field.. A true franchise type QB!! There is NOT a throw in the game that he can't make.. I too would like to sit him for a year, cuz i know our OL will be top 3 next year!! Then unleash him on the AFC West!! The key to the future of Carr?? IS coaching!!

If you watched the Carr highlights from FSU, you saw a good 5 deep balls that he placed on the money where the receiver never broke stride (blanketed or not). Uncanny good.

He's doing that in practice but has to work on getting rid of the ball quicker. The internal clock has to be adjusted to NFL style.

"Rookie Derek Carr also shined, on long throws down the middle. First, he hit undrafted rookie Mike Davis, who beat seventh-round draft pick TJ Carrie. Then Carr found Andre Holmes with a beautifully placed ball that fell right over Holmes' shoulder for the touchdown, beating Chimdi Chekwa, who was shaken up a bit on the play but continued to practice."

Daryle Lamonica style - who was ironically born in Fresno.

"Carr, though, seems to be dealing with an issue of holding onto the ball too long and patting it, ala Dan Pastorini (there's a name for you) at times. On several drills, he simply eats the ball, rather than throwing it away. Perhaps it's a byproduct of Carr coming out of a system at Fresno State where he worked almost exclusively out of the shotgun the last three years of his college career. NFL pass-rushers will no doubt collapse a pocket faster than college defenses."

Oakland Raiders Blog - ESPN

NickTheGreek

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly what we wanted. Schaub needs to be the MAN for a year, maybe 2. Carr needs to psh him every single week, while perfecting his craft. Look how long Rogers sat behind Favre. MS just needs to stay healthy, focused, effective & successful.

We need to be real. Schaub stinks! He's a deer in headlights at this juncture. He's regressed and Carr needs to grow up quickly and by week 8, you'll be calling for Schaub's head.

Without further ado, I present to you, the future SB winning QB of the Oakland Raiders, Derek Carr....
No time for baby steps. The time is now.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to be real. Schaub stinks! He's a deer in headlights at this juncture. He's regressed and Carr needs to grow up quickly and by week 8, you'll be calling for Schaub's head.

Without further ado, I present to you, the future SB winning QB of the Oakland Raiders, Derek Carr....

Carr was probably my personal favorite for QB prospects in this year's draft. Was mortified when the Raiders drafted him. All I can say at this point is I hope KC whoops his butt for years to come... I can only hope anyways.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carr is looking like a rookie phenom so far!! We NEED to keep developing him for our future.. MS is looking pretty good as well, again so far.. Mack Attack is turning up the HEAT!! And CWood is looking like a beast, with a pass rush!! ALL the rookie's are looking good!! Power RUN the football and HIT the QB = WIN!! RUN the freakin ball RIGHT at the heart of their D!! The QB must GO down and GO down HARD!! WIN!!

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Put down the crack pipe, Homie... :yahoo:

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here pretty soon we will see Carr in action!! First up, Teddy B and his Vikes!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im ready to see what the Raider got.. After all the offseason talk and hype, show time is right at the door!!
Lets see what MS\Carr\McG and our WRs can do?? Will Sparano have our OL in beast mode?? What about our NEW D?? Tuck, CWood, Mack Attack and friends.. Its only preseason so the starters will only play a little, but still i want to see them make a stand when they do play.. Im also looking forward to this years draft class getting extended play!! All these rookies made a huge impact at camp, heck the whole team looked good at camp!! Now its show me time!! The WINS do not matter in preseason, can you play ball does!! Go Raiders!!

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im ready to see what the Raider got.. After all the offseason talk and hype, show time is right at the door!!
Lets see what MS\Carr\McG and our WRs can do?? Will Sparano have our OL in beast mode?? What about our NEW D?? Tuck, CWood, Mack Attack and friends.. Its only preseason so the starters will only play a little, but still i want to see them make a stand when they do play.. Im also looking forward to this years draft class getting extended play!! All these rookies made a huge impact at camp, heck the whole team looked good at camp!! Now its show me time!! The WINS do not matter in preseason, can you play ball does!! Go Raiders!!

I want to see smash-mouth, bone jarring Raider football from what would be the 1st/2nd teamers. If it gets to garbage time, I don't really care. Game 1 is actually more useless then Game 4, since in Game 4, there are guys still fighting for a job.

:suds: To The Nation!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well RaiderZar, the day is finally here, for that hopefully BONE crushing football we all want..Carr is going to get some RUN today with the 2nd team!! And finally after waiting a year, we get to see what Murray can do.. Its Raider football baby!! Lets see if our D can get to Teddy B?? PLAY HARD, HIT HARD!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the first preseason game is in the books.. There was some good and some bad.. The good?? The Raiders can play ball.. The bad?? Penalties and drop passes!! The good news is we got 3 free games to clean that UP!!

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schaub doesn't look good at all. I hope he can turn it around and start slinging the ball down the field like he use too. I thought Derek Carr looked good.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ShaneC, MS had some nice throws taken away cuz of penalties or drops.. Lets say you throw me the perfect pass and i drop it, you will get the blame, that's just the way the fan base see's the game.. I agree Carr has the goods, but do we have the coaching staff to develop him eh?? Stay tuned for that!! We got 3 games to clean it up, and tie up the loose ends before we play the Jets.. That's when the games count!! Preseason is just to fine tune the motor and get it ready for the long trip..

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS Game 2 in front of the hometown fanatics. This should be a pretty good barometer of where this team stands. I'd give them a C or C+ is the first game.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ShaneC, MS had some nice throws taken away cuz of penalties or drops.. Lets say you throw me the perfect pass and i drop it, you will get the blame, that's just the way the fan base see's the game.. I agree Carr has the goods, but do we have the coaching staff to develop him eh?? Stay tuned for that!! We got 3 games to clean it up, and tie up the loose ends before we play the Jets.. That's when the games count!! Preseason is just to fine tune the motor and get it ready for the long trip..

Gotcha. I never watched the game but saw some highlights. I didn't see much of Schaub but from what the highlights showed, he struggled to get the ball down field. Thanks for clearing it up. Are you looking at Schaub as your guy for the new couple of years or nothing more than a stop gap?

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rookies look really good!! Gabe Jackson is a man!! The 6 0 Carrie is looking like what DJ is suppose to look like.. Shelby Harris that did not even play football last year looked good!! DA moved him up the depth chart already!! The GM putting good work in finding players like that.. Back off SA Mark or those flags will continue..
Overall not to bad of a showing.. We just need to gel as a team and play as a unit to see what we really have..
Hey Houston!! AJ for McG!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I would say Schaub looked great but he did ok. His first pass should have been picked off. He had no business making that pass. Now given the receiver ran a horrible route but the Corner had perfect position where the best outcome is what happened of an incomplete.

His 3rd down pass that was incomplete is hard to judge. I don't know if the receiver was supposed to run a come back route or not but somebody didn't know the play call with that one.

On the 2nd drive his throw over the middle was actually pretty darn good and just dropped as you say Idaho.

On his final drive he did have some nice throws again that either were negated by penalty or dropped.

So all in all for a first preseason game not bad for Schaub. I would say that first game should make Raider fans a little more comfortable with what he brings to the table but a lot more nervous about the receiving core. There were more drops than catches by the WR/TE's of the 1st unit in those drives. Not good. Doesn't mean it can't be cleaned up but they got a lot of work to do.

I will say the running game looked pretty good. Both MJD and DMC looked good. Both looked a lot quicker than last year.

Obviously can't read too much into a first preseason game but about what you expect in some up and down play from every team.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ShaneC, the media will only show you the bad, and never the good.. Cuz doom and gloom is what sales on TV MAN.. MS is a bridge to what hopefully is our future in Derek Carr.. He has all the tools, but for now its MS team..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, i can agree with what you said.. It was a little sloppy on our part.. MS can play ball though, and was did wrong by some bad drops.. The RUN game looks like it can be beast this year.. DMAC has all the talent in the world, but that has never been his problem right?? Good thing we got MJD\ Murray just in case!! The D looks like it can bring the heat as well.. The good news for you, us, and everybody else is?? We got 3 game left to fix all the problems our teams have.. And every team has problems..