• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2014-15 NBA Finals Series Thread

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you want to see tonight?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you want to see tonight?

I wanted to see a good game, with a tie going to Game 7. But I lost so much reason for not wanting Curry to get MVP and a championship (re: Stockton) that I didn't care any more. That "passion" didn't hold because I still think you need more than one year to pass him and won't pass him in my book anyway. Who cares about others' books. Bogut's a champion and Mark Jackson failed. I don't care for any reasoning otherwise, Mark Jackson failed.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking about Bogut, if we didn't have Gobert or if he were open to coming off the bench but playing some real minutes, I'd say we should get on the phone to the Warriors this off-season. But I doubt they want to trade him, we have Gobert, and I presume he wants to start.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to see a good game, with a tie going to Game 7. But I lost so much reason for not wanting Curry to get MVP and a championship (re: Stockton) that I didn't care any more. That "passion" didn't hold because I still think you need more than one year to pass him and won't pass him in my book anyway. Who cares about others' books. Bogut's a champion and Mark Jackson failed. I don't care for any reasoning otherwise, Mark Jackson failed.

I don't think Mark Jackson failed. This championship wasn't about just this year, it incorporated past years' efforts to get to this point.

Just like you need more than 1 year to become legendary as a player, this championship was not just incorporating this year's journey, but the previous two years as well.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking about Bogut, if we didn't have Gobert or if he were open to coming off the bench but playing some real minutes, I'd say we should get on the phone to the Warriors this off-season. But I doubt they want to trade him, we have Gobert, and I presume he wants to start.

Gobert should start over Bogut anyways. He's better, and does more except pass as well. Gobert is a better foul shooter.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dennis Scott on NBA TV gave Mark Jackson some credit for getting the team to a good state.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Mark Jackson failed. This championship wasn't about just this year, it incorporated past years' efforts to get to this point.

Just like you need more than 1 year to become legendary as a player, this championship was not just incorporating this year's journey, but the previous two years as well.
Dennis Scott on NBA TV gave Mark Jackson some credit for getting the team to a good state.

Nope. No credit for Mark Jackson. Purely coincidental that he was there a year before their ring; they underachieved losing to the Clippers. He had the MVP in Curry, the No. 1 overall pick in Bogut, and others. He wasn't the GM, so the drafted players and FA are not his doing. My daughters are beautiful, I get no credit for luck nor genetics.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My daughters are beautiful, I get no credit for luck nor genetics.

Why wouldn't you get credit? Isn't it partially genetics?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. No credit for Mark Jackson. Purely coincidental that he was there a year before their ring; they underachieved losing to the Clippers. He had the MVP in Curry, the No. 1 overall pick in Bogut, and others. He wasn't the GM, so the drafted players and FA are not his doing. My daughters are beautiful, I get no credit for luck nor genetics.

That was a 3 vs. 6 matchup, and Curry wasn't the MVP that year. He wasn't as good. How did Golden State underachieve? They were the lower seed.

Bogut is a former # 1 overall pick, and is a rotation player. He's never been able to play well enough when given big minutes. Some of it could be his foul trouble. Some of it, I don't know why he doesn't do more. Rudy Gobert is better now, or equal to, Bogut when he was at his best years ago.

Bogut didn't play much in the 2015 Finals.

I think if there's enough time that passes, and enough roster makeovers, between coaches, like there were between the Don Nelson and Avery Johnson era, to the Rick Carlisle era, than the previous coach shouldn't get credit. Because Carlisle's Dallas title was 3 years removed, and several roster changes, since the previous coach.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Grantland:

++++++++++++++++

The Champs Are Here: A Guide to the Elite and Unlikely Cast of Characters Who Defined the 2014-15 Golden State Warriors

"Kerr overhauled a team culture that had grown poisonous, for well-documented reasons, under Jackson and his assistants. In his zeal to motivate players, Jackson fostered resentment among them and toward the front office. He fired two assistants, requested Jerry West stay away from practices, and asked a younger front-office official to stop rebounding for players, sources have said.

When Ezeli was injured last season, Jackson and his staff told the healthy players that Ezeli was cheering against them — so that he would look good, according to several team sources. Players confronted Ezeli in a meeting, and he wept at the accusation — which he denied."

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So if its a coincidence that Jackson was there the year before, then would Kerr have also lost the the Clippers in 2014?

The best way for Jackson to get no credit, is for the Warriors to have never have won the title. Then nothing could be linked to him.

That's why you should have continued rooting for the Cavaliers.

Or, to win it several roster makeovers later, like the Dallas example.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bogut's a champion in a Shawn Marion for Dallas sort of way. I wanted him to be a champion playing a bigger role, against the best players.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if its a coincidence that Jackson was there the year before, then would Kerr have also lost the the Clippers in 2014?

The best way for Jackson to get no credit, is for the Warriors to have never have won the title. Then nothing could be linked to him.

That's why you should have continued rooting for the Cavaliers.

Or, to win it several roster makeovers later, like the Dallas example.

Nope, no credit goes to Jackson. Kerr would have beaten the Clippers. If Jackson were there, they wouldn't have made the Finals. Curry would have unleashed his MVPness earlier had Kerr been coach the year before, and all tsunamis, earthquakes, and hurricanes, not to mention, tornadoes, would have ceased. Damn Jackson.

Golden State winning the Championship is the most direct way to show that Jackson had a talented roster who lost under him to the Clippers, a façade last year.

You're not going to change my mind on this one. But I know others want to wantonly give credit to anyone and everyone.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Grantland:

++++++++++++++++

The Champs Are Here: A Guide to the Elite and Unlikely Cast of Characters Who Defined the 2014-15 Golden State Warriors

"Kerr overhauled a team culture that had grown poisonous, for well-documented reasons, under Jackson and his assistants. In his zeal to motivate players, Jackson fostered resentment among them and toward the front office. He fired two assistants, requested Jerry West stay away from practices, and asked a younger front-office official to stop rebounding for players, sources have said.

When Ezeli was injured last season, Jackson and his staff told the healthy players that Ezeli was cheering against them — so that he would look good, according to several team sources. Players confronted Ezeli in a meeting, and he wept at the accusation — which he denied."

This article shows your integrity, thanks. This culture was no good and it didn't help. Kerr would have done better, in my opinion. Any turnaround under Jackson would have been there under most any other coach. He didn't take over the 1990's Bulls but not the worst team either.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, no credit goes to Jackson. Kerr would have beaten the Clippers. If Jackson were there, they wouldn't have made the Finals. Curry would have unleashed his MVPness earlier had Kerr been coach the year before, and all tsunamis, earthquakes, and hurricanes, not to mention, tornadoes, would have ceased. Damn Jackson.

Golden State winning the Championship is the most direct way to show that Jackson had a talented roster who lost under him to the Clippers, a façade last year.

You're not going to change my mind on this one. But I know others want to wantonly give credit to anyone and everyone.

Thanks.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like how Kerr reduced Bogut's minutes this year, and barely gave any to David Lee, compared to how many minutes they played under the previous Golden State coach. I didn't like his increased usage of Draymond Green, and Harrison Barnes. And a player of Lee's caliber shouldn't lose his role so much, just because he was injured to start the year.

I liked how Rudy played 33+ mins the last 2 months of the season, for the Jazz. That's how many minutes I wanted Bogut and Lee to each play, for the Warriors.

I'm glad Lee how to show his contributions in the Memphis and Cavaliers series.

I also have not liked the Warriors style of play, in just about any year. 90s, 2000s, etc.

I was excited when they traded for Baron Davis, thinking they could play a more physical style of ball. But instead, after coming to the Warriors, Davis started taking career highs in 3's. Not his strength, nor what I want to see. They brought out the worst in him.

Yes the Warriors were good at defense this year, but they weren't physical on offense, and so I still didn't like how they played. They don't get in the paint much.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not looking like a good endorsement, if Mark Jackson allegedly caused tension among his players in Golden State, and also allegedly did it when playing for Utah.

Similar types of stories, with tension, both times.