• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Season Thread

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a current season thread, figured we could have a thread to talk about future issues and solutions as a whole

We are beginning to get to the point of a logjam, now as we speak, and its only a matter of time before guys like Profar and Joey Butler, etc... begin pressing for time along with guys like Gentry and Mike Olt, who are already being pushed to the bench by lesser players (ahem)

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you'll see a big issue next season regarding Olt's playing time and MY. Obviously Olt won't be taking over at third right now. We can keep Profar in AAA another season to develop with Andrus manning ss. Leonys Martin is the one I'm concerned about. I could see them making a trade for Upton or CarGo in the off season to replace josh, but where does that leave Martin. He'll surely be ready by next year. Throw Gentry into that mix as well.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you'll see a big issue next season regarding Olt's playing time and MY. Obviously Olt won't be taking over at third right now. We can keep Profar in AAA another season to develop with Andrus manning ss. Leonys Martin is the one I'm concerned about. I could see them making a trade for Upton or CarGo in the off season to replace josh, but where does that leave Martin. He'll surely be ready by next year. Throw Gentry into that mix as well.

Totally forgot about Martin, kinda... I did say etc... haha

But I did really just forget about him

I'm not saying we don't re-sign Hamilton, he just has to be realistic with his demands and the Rangers can't be stupid, that said one of those is bound to not happen and/or kill the deal

I'm not saying Profar jumps up next year off the bat, but I could certainly see a Olt like situation next year

But if Hamilton re-signs, I could see Martin being dealt in the offseason, for a possible Cruz replacement

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Martin would probably be one of the ones involved in said package...

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot hinges on how Sotoplays the rest of the way, if he looks like the Soto of 2008 and 2010, then you feel good, if its the Soto of 2009, 2011 and 2012 in Chicago, then you don't feel as confident

Good Soto, you let Napoli walk probably, maybe sign Hamilton instead

Bad Soto you have to think about bringing him back and have them split time at catcher, and maybe you don't have money for Hamilton then

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Martin would probably be one of the ones involved in said package...

Martin would probably get you more in the offseason ... but do teams ask for Gentry instead? There was always such amount of noise about Bourjos trade potential ... but Gentry is the better all around CF ... although Bourjos has more HRs.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So you spend the money on Napoli instead of Hamilton?

In my scenario Napoli's agent caved in when he read your post and he settled for $8mil x 3. But your point is well taken.

Money for a Hamilton contract I'd spend on Carlos Gonzalez. Will take some prospects to get him though admittedly. Would prefer someone like Joey Butler to be the replacement corner bat ... but just don't see him becoming that kind of hitter TEX will need to take over in LF.

I didn't even get a comment though on PADMY not appearing in my lineup? Wishful thinking. Maybe TEX starts a new program where it signs a fan a month to a roster spot and lets the fan him or her play in MY's DH spot. Wouldn't be that much dropoff in performance ... probably lot fewer GIDPs. Just an idea.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my scenario Napoli's agent caved in when he read your post and he settled for $8mil x 3. But your point is well taken.

Money for a Hamilton contract I'd spend on Carlos Gonzalez. Will take some prospects to get him though admittedly. Would prefer someone like Joey Butler to be the replacement corner bat ... but just don't see him becoming that kind of hitter TEX will need to take over in LF.

I didn't even get a comment though on PADMY not appearing in my lineup? Wishful thinking. Maybe TEX starts a new program where it signs a fan a month to a roster spot and lets the fan him or her play in MY's DH spot. Wouldn't be that much dropoff in performance ... probably lot fewer GIDPs. Just an idea.

I went all Spock on it, it just seemed logical... so no comment was necessary, but was certainly noticed

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd prefer to spend Napoli money on CarGo (he makes 7.5 next year and 10.5 the year after that, then worry about 2015-1017 when they get here), and let Cruz walk after the next year

and also resign Hamilton, then have Gentry man CF

Trade Murphy, while his value is high, assuming he plays well the rest of this season, maybe in the deal for CarGo, as a ML ready player

Next year have CarGo/Hamilton/Cruz rotate throught the DH spot

C: Soto/??? (65/35) - Give or take on who the backup is
1B: Moreland/Olt/Young (70/20/10) - basically a L/R platoon and vulturing
2B: Kinsler/Young (90/10)
3B: Beltre/Olt/Young (75/20/5)
SS: Andrus/??? (95/5)
LF: Hamilton/Cargo (60/40)
CF: Gentry/Hamilton (75/25)
RF: Cruz/CarGo (55/45)
DH: Cruz (35)
Olt (25)
Beltre (15)
Young (15)
Hamilton (5)
CarGo (5)

Obviously its a rough outline, and its assumes Cruz, Kinsler, Hamilton, Cargo and Beltre miss about 16 games each due to days off and injury, which is totally concievable

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't think about the Cargo trade much, probably would cost a Mike Olt to get him

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minus Olt...

C: Soto/??? (65/35) - Give or take on who the backup is
1B: Moreland/Young (75/25) - basically a L/R platoon
2B: Kinsler/Young (90/10)
3B: Beltre/Young/??? (85/10/5)
SS: Andrus/??? (95/5)
LF: Hamilton/Cargo (65/35)
CF: Gentry/Hamilton (80/20)
RF: Cruz/CarGo (50/50)
DH: Cruz (40)
Young (30)
??? (10)
Hamilton (5)
CarGo (5)
Kinsler (5)
Beltre (5)

5% = about 8 games FYI,

Also, This is what I think we would see in that scenario, not what I would want to see

Last edited by a moderator:

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't think about the Cargo trade much, probably would cost a Mike Olt to get him

Olt, Martin, Perez.....plus a little more IMO.

Which, given the caliber player (and years) the Rangers get back....id be ok with.

2014-2015
Profar
Andrus
Hamilton
Beltre
Cargo
Kinsler
Moreland
-catcher-
Gentry

Yes please.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Olt, Martin, Perez.....plus a little more IMO.

Which, given the caliber player (and years) the Rangers get back....id be ok with.

2014-2015
Profar
Andrus
Hamilton
Beltre
Cargo
Kinsler
Moreland
-catcher-
Gentry

Yes please.

I'd do Martin and Olt, but not Perez, we should have other pitching prospects to include

Profar and perez are untouchable to me, I'd rather include 2 B level prospects (like a Grimm + Ramirez) than include perez

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grimm and Buckel?

Perhaps, but I'd try to slide Ramirez in there instead first, and cave on Buckel if they insisted

CarGo + J. Herrera-SS for Olt + L. Martin + Grimm + Ramirez/Buckel

Herrera could give us our bench SS

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a heads up, this thread is purely for speculation and trade proposals,

If you don't like those sort of threads, then I recommend you stay away

I'm trying to keep those sort of things out of the other threads, as it can be tiresome to deal with

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just a heads up, this thread is purely for speculation and trade proposals,

If you don't like those sort of threads, then I recommend you stay away

I'm trying to keep those sort of things out of the other threads, as it can be tiresome to deal with

Think your proposals including the trade ideas for Carlos Gonzalez are within reason. Far prefer these type projections than the ones being proposed going into the deadline a week ago. Can be more strategic when looking further out and you aren't dealing in a rental market.

Is Neil Ramirez the RH version of Michael Kirkman? Maybe the jump to AAA from Myrtle Beach early last season was too much. I had figured him to be ready to be the first SP up from RR if needed this season.