• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Prospect Discussion Thread

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on his dad's career, I'd hope Kyle Chung can turn into a All-American OT.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fwiw, Eugene Chung was 6'5", 245 pounds when he signed with Tech as an OL in 1987. Turned into one heck of a good player.

He is currently the Assistant to the Strength and Conditioning Coach for the Philadelphia Eagles.

My guess is if his son signs with Tech, he'll sign as an OL, too.

Last edited by a moderator:

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Definitely looks like a TE now and a pretty darned good one. There is so much talent in Florida that the scraps are still good

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Speed will be a factor for him to be a D1 TE. I would expect him to fill out to OL. Only time will tell

Last edited by a moderator:

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Speed will be a factor for him to be a D1 TE. I would expect him to fill out to OL. Only time will tell

Bingo.

I thought fuzzball was big on how fast players were timed in the forty...K. Chung = 4.9 forty.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Bingo.

I thought fuzzball was big on how fast players were timed in the forty...K. Chung = 4.9 forty.

So now speed is important to you since it's a chance to disagree with me? He looks fast enough to me in the video

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So now speed is important to you since it's a chance to disagree with me? He looks fast enough to me in the video

Do you recall that you were the one who started hammering other posters about 40-times and how much speed mattered?

You can't be on both sides of the fence you built.

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why are you so defensive about this. Lighten up.

I'm not disagreeing with you, or anyone.

I'm doing the exact same thing you did, posting what you believe to be the truth. The HS coach times his players, counts weight lift reps, lists football stats, posts GPA, and provides assessments to anyone who will ask, while the online services grab whatever they can find, and sometimes its out of date.

I coached soccer for 30 years or so, and I had all the stats, State team, Regional team, times in the mile, 600, 100. GPA, Height, Weight, aspirations, career goals, etc.

Its the absolute best place to find out about players.

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, I didn't even know who the original poster was fooz.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So wait... what this board decides, the coaches do? Like if we all agree size is better than speed, we put that in a thread and Beamer & Co. make it happen on the recruiting trail?

Wow. I was under the impression that this was just a fucking message board.

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So wait... what this board decides, the coaches do? Like if we all agree size is better than speed, we put that in a thread and Beamer & Co. make it happen on the recruiting trail?

Wow. I was under the impression that this was just a fucking message board.

Who are you responding to? I don't seen anything by anyone (certainly not my posts) that states, implies, or infers anything even close to that.

I know its a message board, but if its a fucking message board, I'm certainly not getting any. Who do I complain to?

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
A video was posted of a player. Why? Hell I don't know maybe so we can get an idea of what kind of player they are? But let's all keep our opinions to ourselves (or at least I should) lest the football gods of sportshoopla set you straight. By the way video trumps some 40 time which may or may not be accurate

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I like how I was not the first one to make some sort of assessment on Chung yet this thread starts off with my post. I was not the inflammatory one this time. Neat double standard you got going here

Anyway judging by the highlights I don't think blocking is Chungs strong point. He's got a long way to go with size and strength

jgHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how I was not the first one to make some sort of assessment on Chung yet this thread starts off with my post. I was not the inflammatory one this time. Neat double standard you got going here

Anyway judging by the highlights I don't think blocking is Chungs strong point. He's got a long way to go with size and strength

i don't think it has anything to do with you actually. the other thread is about recruiting NEWS...so a thread was started for people to discuss their thoughts on each recruit.

and to make my post somewhat on topic...i also think chung ends up on the ol if he chooses tech.