• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NFL Rookies

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ricky Stanzi - QB - Chiefs

Chiefs QB Ricky Stanzi "might have the early edge" over undrafted rookie Tyler Bray for No. 3 duties.

That doesn't mean Stanzi is going to win the job. Stanzi has reportedly just picked up new coach Andy Reid's offense quicker. Bray undoubtedly has better physical skills, and he has as strong an arm as anyone in the league. The Chiefs are "hopeful" Bray can beat Stanzi out for the job, and we'd bet he will.
Source: National Football Post

Jun 23 - 10:01 AM

Weird because that is exactly the opposite of what I've read from KC sports writers. They have watched the camps and OTAs and from everything I've read, Bray has outshined Stanzi in every way and looks to bounce him from the roster in training camp.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Weird because that is exactly the opposite of what I've read from KC sports writers. They have watched the camps and OTAs and from everything I've read, Bray has outshined Stanzi in every way and looks to bounce him from the roster in training camp.

If Bray doesn't get arrested at least once this year I'm going to be very upset.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

that's why it'd be nice to have the actual sources of these random tidbits that Bingo posts. Who knows what details are in the original story that might give you a different impression. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the effort, but it'd be nice to see the full story and know which writers exactly are giving these opinions rather than just "source: National Football Post". I like to know where my news comes from and read the full story. There are a lot of Cohn-like reporters out there that we have to watch out for! haha

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Joseph Randle - RB - Cowboys

The Cowboys reportedly had a third-round grade on Joseph Randle.

Randle ended up lasting until the fifth round, watching 10 running backs go before him. Jerry Jones and the Cowboys' scouts love to overrate prospects that come from Oklahoma, Texas and Arkansas. They insist that Randle will be a significant upgrade on Felix Jones, but we didn't see much evidence of that on his Oklahoma State game tape. Randle will be a strict handcuff for DeMarco Murray owners -- not a standalone fantasy pick.
Source: ESPN Dallas

Jun 25 - 9:46 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
that's why it'd be nice to have the actual sources of these random tidbits that Bingo posts. Who knows what details are in the original story that might give you a different impression. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the effort, but it'd be nice to see the full story and know which writers exactly are giving these opinions rather than just "source: National Football Post". I like to know where my news comes from and read the full story. There are a lot of Cohn-like reporters out there that we have to watch out for! haha

It's funny hearing that from someone like you now. If you and others can apply that same line of thinking to everything else you read (sources) out there, than this board would be so much better. For instance, if we were smart enough to ask questions and analyze things further, by placing PFF's humorous / borderline baseless stats into more scrutiny, it would have done us justice. It wouldn't have led the masses here to believe that Chris Culliver is the next best thing we've had at corner since Primetime.

But you are absolutely right though, too many Cohn-like reporters and posters alike it's sickenning (league's best) :L:
Inside the 49ers | Midterm report card: Chris Culliver | The Press Democrat, Santa Rosa, CA

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Several of us were advocating for Rambo 2 months ago. I still think that would have been a better route for us had we targetted Patterson, Rhodes, Floyd, or Eifert in the first instead of a safety:

Bacarri Rambo - DB - Redskins

Redskins DC Jim Haslett expects one of Bacarri Rambo or Phillip Thomas to start at free safety as a rookie.

"Yeah, I really do think one of them will be on the grass," Haslett said. "I'm not sure which one, but one of them I think is going to have to. ... We’re saying Rambo is a free safety and [Thomas] is a strong safety." Rambo (sixth round) was drafted later than Thomas (fourth), but all signs point to Rambo earning the starting job. Veteran FS Reed Doughty is best suited for special teams.
Source: CSN Washington

Jun 24 - 7:11 PM

Last edited by a moderator:

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I wanted Rambo for FS. Now with Reid I want him at SS and Cully at FS

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wanted Rambo for FS. Now with Reid I want him at SS and Cully at FS

Me too. That would be ideal. I think Cully could be a better safety than Dashon, that's saying a lot because Dashon brought a lot to the table for us. He and Reid would be ideal for the type of system we have in that unit.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lamaar Thomas - WR - Broncos

Broncos undrafted rookie WR Lamaar Thomas reportedly "caught the coaches' attention" during spring practices.

Thomas flashed during non-contact workouts because of his world-class speed. It remains to be seen if he can get off the line and make plays in traffic. At best, Thomas has a shot at the practice squad.
Source: Denver Post

Jun 25 - 11:09 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Blidi Wreh-Wilson - DB - Titans

Titans third-round CB Blidi Wreh-Wilson worked both outside and in the slot during spring practices.

Wreh-Wilson played almost strictly outside while at Connecticut. "You just have to be more aware of what is coming in behind you," he said. "There's a lot more stuff going on in there, from every direction." Wreh-Wilson enters camp behind Jason McCourty, Tommie Campbell and Coty Sensabaugh at corner back.
Source: Nashville Tennessean

Jun 25 - 11:02 AM

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Me too. That would be ideal. I think Cully could be a better safety than Dashon, that's saying a lot because Dashon brought a lot to the table for us. He and Reid would be ideal for the type of system we have in that unit.

Whitner's contract is up after this year I believe. I would be fine with Ried playing FS or backing up SS this year if the goal is to have fully at FS and Reid at SS next year. With Aso, Brown, and Rogers all seemingly not hanging around much longer, I wonder if they think Cully is their answer at CB.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Whitner's contract is up after this year I believe. I would be fine with Ried playing FS or backing up SS this year if the goal is to have fully at FS and Reid at SS next year. With Aso, Brown, and Rogers all seemingly not hanging around much longer, I wonder if they think Cully is their answer at CB.

Whatever happens, I think we need at least two DBs in the first four rounds next year. Either two CBs, or a S and a CB. I just don't see Culliver going to safety at this point, though. Brown and Asomugha are FAs next year. Rogers probably won't be worth the $8 million he's scheduled to make. We need bodies at CB next year.

Frankly, I think CB is our biggest need this upcoming offseason. I'd strongly consider moving up in the first round for one. Frankly, if we were going to trade up regardless this year, I would have liked to see us go CB over safety, though I'm not a huge Trufant fan and I don't know much about Rhodes.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Whatever happens, I think we need at least two DBs in the first four rounds next year. Either two CBs, or a S and a CB. I just don't see Culliver going to safety at this point, though. Brown and Asomugha are FAs next year. Rogers probably won't be worth the $8 million he's scheduled to make. We need bodies at CB next year.

Frankly, I think CB is our biggest need this upcoming offseason. I'd strongly consider moving up in the first round for one. Frankly, if we were going to trade up regardless this year, I would have liked to see us go CB over safety, though I'm not a huge Trufant fan and I don't know much about Rhodes.

You took the word (his name actually) right out of my mouth. It's hard to criticize what we did in the 2nd round this year. Though I noticed that there were a few corners that were available which would have gotten us a solid starter by 2014, I am not upset at all based on the way you approached the draft in the 2nd round. You're right though, next year is a big year in terms of addressing the cornerback position.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Eric Reid trade also prevented us from having the opportunity to land this kid here who I think could be a Crabtree like starter (not as potent though) by 2014:

Keenan Allen - WR - Chargers

Chargers third-round WR Keenan Allen insists he wants to be a starter come Week 1.

Allen doesn't sound very patient for a rookie currently fourth on the depth chart. "I want to be a starter," he said. "I don't want to watch. I want to be part of the moment. I don't want to watch it." It's the right attitude for a hungry rookie, but he'll likely need an injury to Danario Alexander, Malcom Floyd or Vincent Brown to have an early-season impact.
Source: Union-Tribune San Diego

Jun 25 - 12:19 PM

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The Eric Reid trade also prevented us from having the opportunity to land this kid here who I think could be a Crabtree like starter (not as potent though) by 2014:

Keenan Allen - WR - Chargers

Chargers third-round WR Keenan Allen insists he wants to be a starter come Week 1.

Allen doesn't sound very patient for a rookie currently fourth on the depth chart. "I want to be a starter," he said. "I don't want to watch. I want to be part of the moment. I don't want to watch it." It's the right attitude for a hungry rookie, but he'll likely need an injury to Danario Alexander, Malcom Floyd or Vincent Brown to have an early-season impact.
Source: Union-Tribune San Diego

Jun 25 - 12:19 PM

I'm very interested to see what happens with Cyprien. If he's comparable to or better than Reid, I'm gonna by unhappy. Tough to question Baalke when he trades up for a player, but that third rounder was really valuable in this draft, more so than others. Allen, Armstead, Moore, and Jenkins all would have been really tempting with that third rounder. Though I like Patton and Lemonier at their respective positions.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Denard Robinson - RB - Jaguars

Denard Robinson is listed as an "OW" on the Jaguars' official depth chart.

The obvious guess for the designation is "offensive weapon." It's accurate in that Shoelace is expected to be utilized in a Kordell Stewart-esque slash role for the Jags, taking snaps all over the field. Similar "offensive weapons" such as Dexter McCluster and Brad Smith have had trouble making an impact in recent seasons, but Robinson could avoid a similar fate if the majority of his snaps come at running back. Even though he's ticketed for 10-15 snaps as a rookie, Robinson shouldn't be a factor in redraft leagues.
Source: jaguars.com

Jun 25 - 3:06 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cierre Wood - RB - Texans

CSN Houston projects UDFA RB Cierre Wood to make the Texans' as the No. 3 back.

The Texans' No. 3 back is worth monitoring because overworked starter Arian Foster is already injured, and backup Ben Tate has been oft-hurt since entering the league. In CSN Houston's projection, Wood makes it over fellow UDFAs Ray Graham and Dennis Johnson because Wood "just seems like a better runner" and "is the kind of guy who might end up being a No. 2 next season."
Source: CSN Houston

Jun 24 - 3:35 PM

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm very interested to see what happens with Cyprien. If he's comparable to or better than Reid, I'm gonna by unhappy. Tough to question Baalke when he trades up for a player, but that third rounder was really valuable in this draft, more so than others. Allen, Armstead, Moore, and Jenkins all would have been really tempting with that third rounder. Though I like Patton and Lemonier at their respective positions.

who won't be?