• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Free agency

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heyward-Bey released.

Seems like just the type of player we covet.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Goodson is flying to Cincy. Presumably economy class.

Who is he? No fucking clue. Just some bum who couldn't get carries over a fullback in Oakland after McFadden got hurt last season.

Can I get a Who Dey?!?

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Mike Goodson is flying to Cincy. Presumably economy class.

Who is he? No fucking clue. Just some bum who couldn't get carries over a fullback in Oakland after McFadden got hurt last season.

Can I get a Who Dey?!?

He was hurt at the same time as McFadden. he's not durable and he also had fumbling problems in the past.. but he's a pretty good change of pace, 3rd down type back when healthy

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I shit you fellas not...I think Micheal Huff and DHB would be cheap and great pick ups. Huff was a stud and is a natural CFer. DHB at minimum is a deep threat that can help take the top off a defense. I'll take the scraps off the Raiders table. Give me Smith back and those two dummies and I'm relatively happy. No reason they shouldn't pursue a RB, too. I like Bradshaw.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I shit you fellas not...I think Micheal Huff and DHB would be cheap and great pick ups. Huff was a stud and is a natural CFer. DHB at minimum is a deep threat that can help take the top off a defense. I'll take the scraps off the Raiders table. Give me Smith back and those two dummies and I'm relatively happy. No reason they shouldn't pursue a RB, too. I like Bradshaw.

Can we get a rule change to where it counts as a catch if Bey just gets a hand on the ball?

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Can we get a rule change to where it counts as a catch if Bey just gets a hand on the ball?

I think he's capable...he does have some lousy hands. I think a change of scenery might do him well. Would be a classic Bengals pick up. Huff can play though.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Huff might work.....DHB would make Gresham's hands look good.....too much tread worn off of Bradshaw's tires imo.....

NCBengal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's capable...he does have some lousy hands. I think a change of scenery might do him well. Would be a classic Bengals pick up. Huff can play though.

omg, stop. He is capable of nothing related to football.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He was drafted higher than he should've been but DHB was a legit first round talent. Caught 5 TD's last year. Not saying to pencil the guy in as your #2...but he's a hell of a lot more capable than Brandon Tate or Ryan Whalen (and I actually like Whalen)

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Huff might work.....DHB would make Gresham's hands look good.....too much tread worn off of Bradshaw's tires imo.....

Bradshaw is oft injured but I'm a fan. Lots of RBs that could produce available. I think Bradshaw would probably give good bang for the buck as opposed to Reggie Bush (who is admittedly a much more dynamic player).

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
adding to the DHB bust factor is the fact that he was the first WR taken in the best WR draft in recent memory..

Michael Crabtree, Jeremy Macalin, Percy Harvin, Hakeem Nicks, and Kenny Britt all went later in the same first rd. plus if they wanted to reach on a speed demon Mike Wallace was the fastest player in the draft and went in the third rd...

The issue with DHB on the Bengals is I don't think he's a solid starter, and he doesnt contribute anything on special teams.. to make an NFL roster as a WR you have to do one of those things well...

I still wouldn't mind the signing. they've done a good job on reclamation projects/1st rd busts. plus AJ can open up the field for any WR with any talent whatsoever...

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Bradshaw is oft injured but I'm a fan. Lots of RBs that could produce available. I think Bradshaw would probably give good bang for the buck as opposed to Reggie Bush (who is admittedly a much more dynamic player).

I actually wouldn't mind overpaying a little for him. i think he'd give the offense a second legitimate playmaker

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DHB pretty much represents everything that the coaching staff was sick of with Jerome Simpson. Terrific athlete that is basically one dimensional in the passing game and gives you nothing on special teams. I think that if he came here he'd have a decent season - Mostly because he has speed to burn and anyone would look good lining up opposite of AJ..... Well, except Brandon Tate.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually wouldn't mind overpaying a little for him. i think he'd give the offense a second legitimate playmaker

I was against it when Tubbs first mentioned it a month or so ago, but I have to admit that I'm warming to the idea..... Mostly because I think Dalton could really use a receiving threat out of the backfield.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was against it when Tubbs first mentioned it a month or so ago, but I have to admit that I'm warming to the idea..... Mostly because I think Dalton could really use a receiving threat out of the backfield.

There would probably be a bunch of easy completions for Dalton. I've always liked versatile RBs who can catch the ball out of the backfield. unless you have an elite RB like Peterson that's definatley the direction to look in..

jwil007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Andre Tits McGee Aint Getn 9 Mil

Good post from a Bengal fan on Cincyjungle on current LT and RT Contracts...

Assessing the deals so far
LT Ryan Clady FRAN 1yr $9.828M
LT Jermon Bushrod 5yrs $36M ($7.2M avg), $17.7M guar (49%)
LT Sam Baker 6yr terms unknown
LT Will Beatty 5yrs $37.5M ($7.5M avg), $19M guar (51%)
LT Branden Albert FRAN 1yr $9.828M
RT Gosder Cherilus 5yrs $34M ($6.80 avg) unknown guar

Clearly the market isn’t signaling that Smith will be able to pull in $9M/year, especially as a RT and given his supposed risks. I think $7.5M is more likely but with <45% guaranteed due to his motivation/weight concerns.

Financially, drafting Fluker and starting Collins is the better play here but if we have the cap space and don’t screw ourselves over in the future, resigning Smith would be a very solid move.

by bengaljohnboy on Mar 12, 2013 | 10:49 PM reply
Forgot Phil Loadholt
RT Phil Loadholt 4yr $25M ($6.25M avg) $7M SB

$7-7.5M for Smith should be market value – several million below the franchise tag!

by bengaljohnboy on Mar 12, 2013 | 11:52 PM up reply

In close Smith better sign the damn contract we offer him cause he MAY NOT make more on the open market.....