• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Flyers Game Summaries

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is one good thing from this weekend, it is that the cup favorite Rangers are 0-2, and Bryzgalov has outperformed Lundqvist.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stuck the thread and changed the name.. we'll use this one as the review thread instead of the 3 stars/3 goats thread.. that one deteriorated in to just reviews most of hte time anyway haha

Changed the name... to 90 years in the FUTURE.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't see much of the game. Heard Rinaldo left and didn't come back. What happened?

Also, from what I did see you guys hit on just about everything already. Kimmo was doing his thing, but everyone else was seemingly out of joint.

Simmonds and G look damn good and in mid season form. I know I'm being a bit harsh, but I see effort from the rest just not the full effort.

Oh yeah...they league can shove that "intent" whistle rule and shove it up their asses. Ridiculous.

...and I'll be the first to say it this year -- our boys never get the calls. 90% of every ticky tacky, shouldn't be called penalties & blatant bad calls, always go against the Flyers.

Yep bloody ridiculous it sometimes feels like its scripted. If a lot of calls go the other way they win plain and simple but the one that really got me was Laughton going to the net he's got a wide open shot and gets hooked....of course no call. Poor kid is playing well giving'er and here we go again welcome to the BS show.

They'll be fine but either way tomorrows game is huge. They need to walk into Jersey and blow them out! Get the train back on the tracks before they dig themselves a hole.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep bloody ridiculous it sometimes feels like its scripted. If a lot of calls go the other way they win plain and simple but the one that really got me was Laughton going to the net he's got a wide open shot and gets hooked....of course no call. Poor kid is playing well giving'er and here we go again welcome to the BS show.

They'll be fine but either way tomorrows game is huge. They need to walk into Jersey and blow them out! Get the train back on the tracks before they dig themselves a hole.

Since he never touched the puck, doesnt that have to be interference?

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stuck the thread and changed the name.. we'll use this one as the review thread instead of the 3 stars/3 goats thread.. that one deteriorated in to just reviews most of hte time anyway haha

It's amazing how most can't/couldn't follow simple rules.. :rollseyes:

lol Oh well...

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing how most can't/couldn't follow simple rules.. :rollseyes:

lol Oh well...

Three stars of this thread:

1. Me, for being so sexy.
2. Me, for being so smart.
3. Me, for just being awesome.

Goats:

1. Tox, for rolling his eyes at me.
2. Tox, for smelling funny.
3. Tox, because I still don't think he'll type out Hartnell

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since he never touched the puck, doesnt that have to be interference?

Yes it could have been called a mulitude of things but they let it go yet they easily called off two legit goals! Seemed like buf could do no wrong.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better get the shit together real fast

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no, we suck again!!!!!:hellno::gaah::omg:

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 total hits by "all" of the d-men combined.fucking pathetic.
B.Schenn was the only guy who had a decent game IMO.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 total hits by "all" of the d-men combined.fucking pathetic.
B.Schenn was the only guy who had a decent game IMO.

Luke played ok and so did Laughton the rest were ok in the first yet they were still down 3 goals on what 4 shots? Fucking unbelievable. PLayed like shit after that no heart and their captain is running around slashing guys did they take some sort of who fucking cares about this season shot or something?

Oh ya can't really blame Bryz again either first goal no D coverage, second goal off Fed's skate and third was a retarded penalty shot by Kovy who somehow scores on 80% of them.

If some of these guys don't start showing up they won't stand a chance. I'd really consider keeping Laughton up as the guy obviously wants to win sit guys like Read for a game or two when DB comes back and send some messages.

I'm also shocked that they continue to start off so horribly....is that bad coaching or are they hanging out at Richie and Carts old smut bars???

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh ya can someone please find the power play!!!! WTF is going on??? If things change when DB comes back please don't ever bitch the guy out....

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the recorded game.

First game: Played hard and lost a close contest. Not concerned.
Second game: Played hard and got SCREWED by the refs. Pissed off, but not concerned.
Third game: Played for twenty minutes and then gave up when we didn't get breaks. Very concerned.

The first period we DOMINATED the Devils. Absolutely destroyed them, but the two breakdowns we had they converted on. That's life. In the second, we give up a shorthanded penalty shot, but are still trying. Then Brodeur goes old school with the stack-the-pads save and our heart just disappeared. Seriously, after that the Flyers just looked like they gave up on it.

So upset right now. I can handle playing hard and losing to good teams - and the Devils are a GOOD team, even without Parise and with their goalie who is so old he probably fought in WW2. But I can't handle not playing hard win or lose. It's just unacceptable.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B Schenn looked alright, he needs to figure out how to retrieve the puck from his skates though

L Schenn looked really good IMO

Couturier at least showed up in this one, prior to the other 2 games, started to look real good on the PK

Laughton had his best game so far

Simmonds looked alright

Bryz was fine

outside of that.. the team was pretty weak.. mesz was freakin horrible, i cant believe there are people out there (meltzer and the hockeybuzz posters) that are saying he's looked good.. he's a turnover machine and that first goal was his best impression of andreas lilja.. holy turnstyled.. i'd give him some slack because i'm sure he's rusty as hell, but i gotta make up for people praising him.. him and matt read are competing for the worst looking flyers through 3 games IMO

that being said, i'm still not really concerned.. its irritating to watch them just kind of give up on the game, but if there was ever a game to do that, this was it.. BS first goal, dominate the entire period only to let in a flukey goal at the very end and then in the 2nd the refs went AWOL and just started calling random penalties (on both sides) and ruined any rythm the flyers were in.. apparently the flyers got 2 'abuse of official' type penalties.. you rarely see 1 in a weeks worth of games, let alone 2 in one game.. get some tougher skin refs.. plus marty played like marty and then the flyers just let frustration take over.. it's not acceptable, and isn't to be repeated, but once a season i'm ok with that

on the bright side, the PK got a ton of work, and actually started to resemble a PK in the 3rd period which is good.. it still sucks, but at least they got to practice.. the PP looks hopeless at this point.. the flyers really need a shooter.. i think foster is the only guy on the flyers entire roster that looks to shoot first.. they could really use briere right now

edit: i actually liked the way gervais played in his limited ice time too.. had a little speed and created a little bit pinching down in the offensive zone.. and the only time he really got burned was late in teh 3rd period and there were numbers back

edit2: talbot also needs to mentioned in the playing poorly category.. but i dont think he's playing poorly as much as he's reverting to pre-flyer talbot aka, not gifted offensively at all

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's simple, we have a horrible defense. We will continue to have a horrible defense because we will not do anything to improve on it, and if any one thinks subban will help obviously hasn't seen that dude play, he to is garbage.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's simple, we have a horrible defense. We will continue to have a horrible defense because we will not do anything to improve on it, and if any one thinks subban will help obviously hasn't seen that dude play, he to is garbage.

1st, i agree on subban.. he hasn't done anything to make me think he's worth going after.. he's a decent player with good upside, but that doesn't make him worth couturier (+?) which is what it would take to get him

2nd, the defense definitely hasn't looked good, but i'm much more concerned about the offense right now.. 3 goals through 3 games and they've really only looked dangerous or 2 or 3 periods

the flyers definitely have some work to do.. relying on schenn, couturier, read, simmonds, and talbot to match last years production is really lofty, especially considering how things have started (aka, only 1 of them seems to be showing up consistently)

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luke played ok and so did Laughton the rest were ok in the first yet they were still down 3 goals on what 4 shots? Fucking unbelievable. PLayed like shit after that no heart and their captain is running around slashing guys did they take some sort of who fucking cares about this season shot or something?

Oh ya can't really blame Bryz again either first goal no D coverage, second goal off Fed's skate and third was a retarded penalty shot by Kovy who somehow scores on 80% of them.

If some of these guys don't start showing up they won't stand a chance. I'd really consider keeping Laughton up as the guy obviously wants to win sit guys like Read for a game or two when DB comes back and send some messages.

I'm also shocked that they continue to start off so horribly....is that bad coaching or are they hanging out at Richie and Carts old smut bars???

I wouldn't sit Read. I thought he played well actually.