• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate Jose Torres because in last yrs WC he played like shit...but yes I think Wond and Donovan are almost guaranteed WC spots by this point. I've always liked Corona too. I think he can be very crucial to this team in a few yrs. I'm loving our chances of winning the Gold Cup this year

Last edited by a moderator:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is Wondo playing his way onto the WC roster?

I believe he is.

Right now, you got Donovan, Dempsey, Altidore. 1 to 2 more spots available. Wondo is making a case for one of those spots. It will probably be down to Eddie Johnson, Herculez Gomez, and Wondo.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe he is.

Right now, you got Donovan, Dempsey, Altidore. 1 to 2 more spots available. Wondo is making a case for one of those spots. It will probably be down to Eddie Johnson, Herculez Gomez, and Wondo.

I'd take Wondo and Johnson over Gomez. Gomez just has never impressed me that much.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a Gomez fan, either. I think EJ is pretty safely ahead of him.

Agreed that Wondo, Carona, and Donavan so far, have played themselves into a legit shot at the WC roster. I wouldn't be shocked to see them getting 1st team time if we can lock up a spot soon.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love what I see from Wondo right now, his runs are fantastic and he has a great feel on the field right now. However, I'm going to hold out judgement until I see him play against legit competition. And I don't even consider Costa Rica's B Team legit competition. I hope he gets a shot in the next round of World Cup Qualifiers or against Mexico's B team in the knockout stage of the Gold Cup.

His performances prior to this Gold Cup on the national team were suspect. He was way out of his league. So, has he matured in MLS to become a legit international player or is the competition suspect right now?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love what I see from Wondo right now, his runs are fantastic and he has a great feel on the field right now. However, I'm going to hold out judgement until I see him play against legit competition. And I don't even consider Costa Rica's B Team legit competition. I hope he gets a shot in the next round of World Cup Qualifiers or against Mexico's B team in the knockout stage of the Gold Cup.

His performances prior to this Gold Cup on the national team were suspect. He was way out of his league. So, has he matured in MLS to become a legit international player or is the competition suspect right now?

He's deadly around the 6 right now.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sold on Wond either. I still think he's good enough to make the WC roster

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome pass and even better goalkeeping from Sean Johnson

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome pass and even better goalkeeping from Sean Johnson

Johnson did very well. Was wondering if we were ever going to break through. I'm liking corona more and more. Kid needs to mature a little, but he has a knack for playing the right ball exactly where it needs to be. Holden created some nice stuff, and Donovan is still not a forward.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8-0 roll. USMNT is on FIYAHHHHH!!!!

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid win by the "B" team against another decent "B" team. The key for me was that we did not give up a goal and looked sturdy on the back line all game. Set pieces were the only moments where Costa Rica truly threatened.

A team like Costa Rica tightens up the field a bit.... the US did not have as much space as seen against Guatemala, Belize or Cuba. I was not impressed with any of the US players in tight spaces. I thought many of our runs were unimaginative and the ball work was not close to the feet. Something we need to improve upon in the coming years.

But a solid win. And credit to Klinsman for sticking with Shea - the coach was rewarded for his sub. You really feel like this is Klinsman team heading into the final stages of WC qualifying. He did not cow tail to Landon, he has created a legit "B" team and we are on an unprecedented hot streak.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I really don't think goals vs. Cuba and Belize should count for almost anything at all. I don't think it *should* do much for Wondo's chances - his performances in practice are probably even more important, let alone some matches against legit competition. Scoring in the Gold Cup and MLS isn't exactly the mark of a Great Striker.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid win by the "B" team against another decent "B" team. The key for me was that we did not give up a goal and looked sturdy on the back line all game. Set pieces were the only moments where Costa Rica truly threatened.

A team like Costa Rica tightens up the field a bit.... the US did not have as much space as seen against Guatemala, Belize or Cuba. I was not impressed with any of the US players in tight spaces. I thought many of our runs were unimaginative and the ball work was not close to the feet. Something we need to improve upon in the coming years.

But a solid win. And credit to Klinsman for sticking with Shea - the coach was rewarded for his sub. You really feel like this is Klinsman team heading into the final stages of WC qualifying. He did not cow tail to Landon, he has created a legit "B" team and we are on an unprecedented hot streak.

Shea is better coming off the bench. Great job by Donovan to pick his head up and put the ball right where it needed to be.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klinsmann exercised his roster option of replacing up to 4 players for the Gold Cup knockout stages:

Defenders Omar Gonzalez, Matt Besler, & Forwards Eddie Johnson, and Alan Gordon are in.

Defenders Oguchi Onyewu, Cory Ashe, & Forwards Herculez Gomez, and Jack McInerney are out.

Next game, Sunday - 4pm. vs. El Salvador in Baltimore.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Corona is our starting forward with Altidore in a few years. After Donovan/Dempsey get too old

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klinsmann exercised his roster option of replacing up to 4 players for the Gold Cup knockout stages:

Defenders Omar Gonzalez, Matt Besler, & Forwards Eddie Johnson, and Alan Gordon are in.

Defenders Oguchi Onyewu, Cory Ashe, & Forwards Herculez Gomez, and Jack McInerney are out.

This actually makes a lot of sense. The consensus among us all posting here seems to be that Gomez should not make the WC team. Onyewu appears to be injured and maybe the last time we will see him in a US uniform. I like Besler, good call up. Eddie Johnson appears to be in the same camp as Wondo - solid against inferior competition but not ready for prime time. However, looks like Johnson, Wondo and Altidore will be our forwards?

I think Corona has more promise than Wondo or Johnson.... and we know what youth did for us in the 2002 WC.

RedRum

You Cant Handle the Truth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm already looking ahead for the next game vs the winner of HOndu and Costa Rica. I want HOnduras to beat COsta Rica...i'm less afraid of the Hondurans.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Corona is our starting forward with Altidore in a few years. After Donovan/Dempsey get too old

Agreed. Of all players in the GC, I think Carona has been far and away the most impressive. Good to see we may have someone in line to fill in behind Deuce.

RedRum

You Cant Handle the Truth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Corona has more promise than Wondo or Johnson.... and we know what youth did for us in the 2002 WC.

Unless WONDO wears this again

tumblr_inline_mppf8yIeQr1qz4rgp.jpg

:lol: