• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 College Football season predictions

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------

Even TAMU, although i truly respect their new HC, what truly did they do other than beat Alabama to deserve a top 10 preseason ranking. Until last year, (during their Big 12 years) they were at best spoilers. They ocassionally beat a top 10 team yet fininshed most of the time unranked.

Kevin Sumlin turned the program around.

images

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even TAMU, although i truly respect their new HC, what truly did they do other than beat Alabama to deserve a top 10 preseason ranking. Until last year, (during their Big 12 years) they were at best spoilers. They ocassionally beat a top 10 team yet fininshed most of the time unranked.

What a team did before last year should have zero bearing on their current ranking. This is one of the things wrong with polls - popularity should play no part in it.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good predictions on the Big 12...

So far your conference ranks go

1 SEC
2 PAC
3 Big 12

Same as I would have it although top to bottom Big12 could be ahead of PAC. Oregon and Stanford give PAC the slight edge IMO as well.

I agree. The Big 12 is deep but I would place it just slightly behind the PAC too. For the rest of the of the conferences going into 2013, I would go:

4. Big Ten
5. ACC
6. AAC
7. MWC (just barely behind the AAC)
8. MAC
9. Sun Belt
10. Conference USA (worst conference but not by much)

Last edited by a moderator:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. The Big 12 is deep but I would place it just slightly behind the PAC too. For the rest of the of the conferences going into 2013, I would go:

4. Big Ten
5. ACC
6. AAC
7. MWC (just barely behind the AAC)
8. MAC
9. Sun Belt
10. Conference USA (worst conference but not by much)

I have MWC ahead of AAC because of depth... Although AAC has the Ville, I still say overall MWC is better.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict Penn State will not go to a bowl game this season....but will have a lot of fun playing spoiler.

:-) Funny. On of my brothers is a big PSU fan. Me.....of course, all SU Orange and Blue. He tells me SU Won't put up 9 in the opener. I'm saying this is a game SU can win by 9.

Anyways....Overall for SU this year, I'm calling for an 7 - 5 season in their first year in the ACC. One of the sport sites had the O/U for SU at 4.5. :gaah: I hate it. SU will not go back to a 4 or 5 win season. Just ain't happening. :hope:

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UNC will win the Coastal Division with a 10-2 record. They will lose the CCG to finish at 10-3 before bowl season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I've said it before. Canes 9-3 at best, that will get us the Coastal. Probably 8-4, no ACCCG.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 loss teams almost always end up in the top10. 3 loss teams end up in teh top15 and 4 loss teams end up in the top20. Extremely weak SoS causes the exceptions.

It's always easy to dump on a team and say well they lost this game or they lost that game. But here is my challenge to you: Give us your top10 and show us the teams you think belong in above them.
-------
Hey I'm not arguing that many teams with two losses end up in the Top 10 by seasons end. But any team that can do no better than two losses evey year (like South Carolina) especially with a HC that has known better success elsewhere doesn't deserve to be top 10 (at least preseason). I mean have you looked at who SC has never beaten? Or who they have lost to since Spurrior got there?

Basically we are discussing the Boise fans predictions and by and large I have agreed with him---no need for anyone else at this time to put up a top 10 list.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a team did before last year should have zero bearing on their current ranking. This is one of the things wrong with polls - popularity should play no part in it.
-------
I agree especially with preseason polls. Unfortunately, that seldom happens anymore.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Predicting an unbeaten regular season for Bama, though two games concern me:

- TAMU

- LSU

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
Hey I'm not arguing that many teams with two losses end up in the Top 10 by seasons end. But any team that can do no better than two losses evey year (like South Carolina) especially with a HC that has known better success elsewhere doesn't deserve to be top 10 (at least preseason). I mean have you looked at who SC has never beaten? Or who they have lost to since Spurrior got there?

Basically we are discussing the Boise fans predictions and by and large I have agreed with him---no need for anyone else at this time to put up a top 10 list.

Lets look at who they have beaten:
2012 Georgia, Clemson, Michigan and loss by 2 @ LSU
2011 @Georgia, Florida, Clemson, Nebraska
2010 Georgia, @Florida, then #1 Alabama, Clemson and close regular season loss @Auburn (2010 NC champs)

Not sure what your point is? The last time Nebraska had less than 3 losses was 2001(2). I guess Nebraska should not be ranked in the top 10 any following year? :L

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Predicting an unbeaten regular season for Bama, though two games concern me:

- TAMU

- LSU

both are wins
Saban will not have to make much of an effort to get the players motivated for either game A&M is a payback game early and they get LSU at home

see you in Pasadena

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets look at who they have beaten:
2012 Georgia, Clemson, Michigan and loss by 2 @ LSU
2011 @Georgia, Florida, Clemson, Nebraska
2010 Georgia, @Florida, then #1 Alabama, Clemson and close regular season loss @Auburn (2010 NC champs)

Not sure what your point is? The last time Nebraska had less than 3 losses was 2001(2). I guess Nebraska should not be ranked in the top 10 any following year? :L

I'm sorry but South Carolina has been a top 10 team these last few years and justifiably so. They should and absolutely will start in the top 10 this coming season. And I don't want to pile on Nebraska, but as BamaTee pointed out Nebraska has not had less than 3 losses in 12 years. And keep in mind that for 10 of those seasons, they played in the shithouse Big 12 North! And two of those seasons have been in Big 10 play and there is absolutely no comparison between the Big 10 and SEC. Absolutely none. I have my theories as to what would happen in South Carolina and Nebraska played this coming season. I just can't see Nebraska winning that game. For one thing their defense is a mess and that needs to be addressed and improved.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall the Husker fan saying Nebraska should be top 10.

Distract much?

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall the Husker fan saying Nebraska should be top 10.

Distract much?

Lets leave Nebraska out of it then. You're whole premise is if a team(you used South Carolina) that has not lost less then 2 games, during a coaches tenure, that team doesn't belong in the top 10 the following year. I tried to avoid calling you :lame: so I used your team thinking it would put it in perspective. I guess not. I also tried to show all the quality teams South Carolina has beaten the last several years. There is no reason a team shouldn't start in the top ten for your reasons including a crappy Neb...wait I said I would leave them out. :whistle:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets leave Nebraska out of it then. You're whole premise is if a team(you used South Carolina) that has not lost less then 2 games, during a coaches tenure, that team doesn't belong in the top 10 the following year. I tried to avoid calling you :lame: so I used your team thinking it would put it in perspective. I guess not. I also tried to show all the quality teams South Carolina has beaten the last several years. There is no reason a team shouldn't start in the top ten for your reasons including a crappy Neb...wait I said I would leave them out. :whistle:

Wait...Where did I say anything that you're saying I said?

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait...Where did I say anything that you're saying I said?

:omg: If you can't see it you need to learn to write or we're done here! Rarely is a message delivered verbatim so I can't use exact words but the message is clear. Good backtracking though. I guess Nebraska fans are good at going backwards these days, huh? :laugh3:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------

Ok, so like I said - lets see your 10 teams who are more deserving of the spots. It's easy to dump on a team and point out their negatives, it's not so easy when it comes to putting other teams in front of them.