• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 College Football season predictions

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SDSU did and will. Tied for the conference title last year with Cal State Fresno and BSU. Also beat BSU and Nevada both on the road with our back up QB who will enter this year as the starter. SDSU is picked by the MWC to finish second in the west behind Cal State Fresno who we get at Qualcomm.

As for the prediction; we get Nevada at home...I thought we did since we played at their house last year.

They definitely maintained the toughness. SDSU brings arguably the best RB and rushing attack in the MWC with Adam Muema and a physical line. He's spot on with our passing game issues. Our QB Dingwell wasn't asked to pass much last year. Sans the BYU game, when he was pressed to pass, he did well. Led SDSU to a comeback win at Nevada and made some very clutch throws to ice the game vs. BSU. Our WRs are speed demons with terrible hands, or possession guys who get caught form behind by DEs. We lost Escobar at TE to the NFL. Bob Toledo is a more creative OC than the past OC's here.

I was a little pessimistic with SDSU's lack of passing game, but it's a very competitive MWC this year

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Alert and BamaTee1: y'all had me laughing my arse off! BamaTee with your little icons (especially the OMG one)and Red Alert with your "Disney class moron" remark. Priceless! Bring on football season!

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so ready for the season to start. I really miss doing my weekly predictions.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright BSU, Let's evaluate your prognostication skills .....

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright BSU, Let's evaluate your prognostication skills .....

Thanks for the bump sir, once i get time, I'm going to analyze my picks per conference

See my best and worst predictions

From what i remember i was spot on with some but way off with others

Ill say right now my worst prediction is easily Missouri

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be doing conferences in order by how strong I think they will be in order from greatest to worst, then the independents will follow that. I at first wanted to go from worst to greatest, but what school Dyer goes to looms large for the lower teams as it could allow them to pick up a few more wins, so I'll start from the top with the......

SEC_new_logo.png

EAST
1. Georgia Bulldogs 11-1(7-1) - Georgia opens the season with a win over Clemson in a tough offensive game that comes down to the wire, the following week South Carolina takes Georgia down, as South Carolina makes some plays on defense while their offense manages to get enough points to win against a Georgia defense still adjusting to lost starters, Georgia see's a challenge from LSU but pulls away late, Tennessee gives the Georgia defense fits but Georgia escapes, Georgia then rolls the next few, then beats Florida, Gus Malzahn and Auburn are the only team that gives Georgia a slight challenge the rest of the way.
2. South Carolina Gamecocks 10-2(6-2) - South Carolina gets challenged at some point in the first 3 games but wins them all, they roll through the next two, but then are upset by Arkansas, then the following week an improved Tennessee team pulls off their marquee win of the year beating South Carolina as South Carolina sees their losses come in pairs. After that they get tough games from Florida and rival Clemson but win both.
3. Florida Gators 10-2(6-2) - Florida sees struggles in the offense again this year, as they get a tougher than expected challenge in week one from Toledo, they then barely escape against Miami(fl), Tennessee also gives Florida fits, but Florida escapes, they finally win one big against Kentucky, before having struggles with both Arkansas and LSU but again escape both with victories, they dominate Missouri, but see their luck run out against Georgia and they lose that one. Vandy gives them a challenge but they win again, they lose the next week against South Carolina though, they then beat Florida State in a rivalry game at the end of the year.
4. Tennessee Volunteers 8-4(5-3) - Tennessee finds themselves much improved this year, early on they have their struggles, after an easy week one win, they struggle with the fighting Bobby Petrinos of Western Kentucky, but escape with the win, the Oregon Ducks blow them out, but it starts to turn around as they give the Florida Gators a challenge but lose, they win easy the next week, then give Georgia a tough challenge but still can't come up with the win, finally after the bye week it clicks and they upset South Carolina. The following week Alabama still pounds them, but after that Tennessee really gets rolling and ends the regular season on a four game winning streak.
5. Vanderbilt Commodores 7-5(3-5) - Vandy has been making a lot of progress the past few years but they take a bit of a step back this year, they actually start out strong at 5-1 with the loss being against South Carolina, but the schedule gets really difficult after that and they get back to back losses against Georgia and Texas A&M, they give Florida a challenge but lose that one, beat Kentucky, but lose to a hot Tennessee team, but end the season with a win over Wake Forest. James Franklin has exceeded expectations before, they do get a bye week before the Georgia and Florida games, so you never know.
6. Kentucky Wildcats 3-9(1-7) - Mark Stoops has really brought some excitement into this program, unfortunately it will be a bit before they're competitive, they lose a neutral site opener to the Fighting Bobby Petrionos of Western Kentucky, but beat Miami of Ohio the following week, their next 4 games are against teams who could all be in the top 10 at season's end(Louisville, Florida, South Carolina, Alabama) for a team with little talent like Kentucky, it won't end well, they get a bye then lose to Mississippi State but put up a fight, they finally get an easy game against Alabama State(though it would be more appropriate week one) and then beat Missouri at home for their lone SEC win, meaning the last 3 are losses.
7. Missouri 1-11(0-8) - Missouri struggled last year and the season was a disappointment, they don't look bad in week one against Murray State in an easy win, but they are then upset by a motivated Toledo team looking to avenge their close loss against the Gators the week before, after the bye a better than usual Indiana team beats them, it gets worse as Arkansas State joins the party, the SEC stretch of Vandy, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, and Tennessee all results in losses most of which aren't close and Pinkel is fired sometime during this stretch, the interim coach loses the final 3 to Kentucky, Mississippi and A&M.

time to look at these predictions and how I did

SEC East

Most Overrated: Florida Gators, I predicted they would drop off a bit from last year but they definitely dropped off a lot further than expected, injuries are part of the reason, but not all because they lost to Georgia Southern, injuries can not excuse you from that one. Tennessee was a close second, they were more competitive, but some injuries kept them from a bowl.

Most Underrated: Missouri Tigers, umm yeah, lets just say I was dead wrong on this, Missouri has to be the team I underrated the most in my predictions.

Best Prediction Team: South Carolina- picked their exact record, and finishing place in the SEC, plus got one of their two losses right.

Worst Prediction Team: Missouri- picking Missouri to go 1-11 was the worst prediction I made.

Best Prediction Game: Picking Tennessee to upset South Carolina.

Worst Prediction Game: Not counting all the Missouri games I got wrong, probably Arkansas over South Carolina, that one wasn't even close to happening.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently had to split this into two parts

WEST

1. Alabama Crimson Tide 11-1(7-1) - Alabama's season starts out a little slow against Virginia Tech as the Hokies put up a better fight than expected, Alabama though puts it away late in the 4th by scoring and making it a two score game. Texas A&M and Johnny Manziel again gives Alabama fits, but the game comes down late in the 4th, Alabama scores to take the lead late, but A&M answers to steal the victory in an upset as lightning strikes twice, Nick Saban once again complains about no-huddle offenses, the following week Colorado State surprisingly leads 7-3 at the end of the first quarter but Alabama isn't really challenged after that, they roll through the rest of the schedule rather easily, they trail a few more times but none of the rest of the games ever really gets in doubt.
2. Texas A&M Aggies 10-2(6-2) - Texas A&M opens the season with two easy wins, but then pull off an upset in the big one over Alabama, they win an ugly one against SMU the following week, and then are surprised by Arkansas as they lose that one in an upset. They go on to win the next 5 games, Mississippi being the only one that they are challenged for more than a half. Their run makes people wonder if Alabama despite being so dominant in their other games, will miss out on the SEC championship, but that ends as Texas A&M gets upset by LSU, they take out their anger on Missouri the following week.
3. Mississippi Rebels/Black Bears 7-5(4-4) - Mississippi coming into the season with lots of hype surround the young talent they have, end up with a wakeup call as they lose to Vandy in week one, they win the next one easily, but then lose to Texas in a game that never really ends up being close, Alabama blows them out the week after that, they then lose to Auburn in a close one, they put up a fight but still lose to Texas A&M, then their season gets turned around as they pull together and pull a big upset over LSU, they blowout Idaho the following week, then beat Arkansas after the bye, and easily win the next two, then beat rival Mississippi State to end the season on a 6 game winning streak as the young players really grow throughout the year.
4. Louisiana State Tigers 8-4(4-4) - LSU starts the season with a tough challenge from TCU, its a close one throughout but LSU excels in season openers so that gives them the edge, they struggle more than expected against UAB and Kent State but still win by double digits in both, LSU does beat Auburn also but they are finally beaten by Georgia. LSU struggles with Mississippi State but wins still, they lose at home against Florida in a close defensive game, the following week they suffer a major upset against a then 1-5 Ole Miss team, they win an unnecessarily late season game against Furman the following week, then lose to Alabama in a game where they don't put up too much of a challenge, they end strong by upsetting Texas A&M then beating Arkansas.
5. Arkansas Razorbacks 8-4(4-4) - Arkansas ends up surprising a few people this year by having a better than expected season, as this season the distractions are gone and coaching has been improved significantly. They start out a little slow out of the gates as they struggle against Louisiana-Lafayette but escape with the win, they pick things up by winning the next 3 without too much trouble, they then pull a big upset over Texas A&M but the even bigger upset is that Bret Bielema doesn't complain about no-huddle offenses after the game. They give Florida all they can handle the following week but lose, they again pull a huge upset, this time against South Carolina, they finally fall back to earth the following week in a blowout loss to Alabama. Still they impress many by coming out of that tough 4 game stretch 2-2. After the bye they beat Auburn, but lose to hot Mississippi team the next week. After another bye they beat Mississippi State then lose to LSU in the finale.
6. Auburn Tigers 6-6(2-6) - Gus Malzahn comes in and as a head coach gives Auburn immediate improvement, though they still have a lot of improvement to go, Auburn starts the season 3-0 including wins over Malzahn's former team(Arkansas State) and Mississippi State. They lose to LSU but at least put up a fight. After the bye they beat Ole Miss, then win the next one, a good 5-1 start but things start to get challenging as Texas A&M blows them out, but they win another against Florida Atlantic, before losing a tough last 4 games.
7. Mississippi State 4-8(1-7) - Dan Mullen has been doing a pretty good job here, but unfortunately I don't see them making a bowl this year with a significantly tougher schedule, thanks to an OOC schedule where they actually play some decent teams, and some teams in conference play that previously had inept coaching have now replaced them with good coaches. Mississippi State loses to Oklahoma State in the opener, they win the next one easily, then lose to Auburn. Troy ends up being a simple one for them as they win that one. They nearly beat LSU, then pick up what would soon be their best win over Bowling Green. They beat Kentucky after the bye, but it gets really rough and they lose the rest.

Most Overrated: Arkansas Razorbacks- I thought they had some good talent on this team and figured someone other than John L Smith could do something with this team, turns out not.

Most Underrated: Auburn Tigers- do I really need to go into detail on this one?

Best Prediction Team: Alabama Crimson Tide- I thought they would lose a regular season game, just picked the wrong one.

Worst Prediction Team: Arkansas Razorbacks- I wanted to avoid Auburn since they surprised everyone, I thought Arkansas would surprise some, I was wrong.

Best Prediction Game: Ole Miss over LSU- managed to call this upset, just a gut feeling.

Worst Prediction Game: Arkansas over Texas A&M- :L

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BIG XII fail

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mentioning Oregon.... It's time for my next conference

pac-12-logo.jpg

Pac-12

Most overrated: Oregon State Beavers- I was really wrong on them, they didn't turn out near as good as I thought as their defense disappointed.

Most underrated: Washington State- I didn't think they would improve this year but I underestimated Leach with another year's influence as Washington State made a bowl.

Best Prediction Team: Oregon- I had their season picked almost perfectly except for the unexpected blowout loss to Arizona.

Worst Prediction Team: Oregon State- Oregon State definitely disappointed this year

Best Prediction Game: Stanford over Oregon- Not a lot of people thought Stanford would beat Oregon again, I thought they would and I ended up being correct

Worst Prediction Game: Picking Cal to win any Pac-12 game, Cal was awful this year

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
next conference is

big-12-logo.jpg

1. TCU Horned Frogs 9-3(7-2) - TCU finds themselves much improved this year after a tough year last year thanks to injuries and Pachall's issues. This year TCU opens with a tough opener against LSU, it's a hard fought game and TCU loses just barely thanks to a little rust from Pachall. TCU wins the next 3 games, only struggles come from Texas Tech, they go on the road against Oklahoma and surprisingly win that one. They win the next game easily before a big game against Oklahoma State on the road, the Oklahoma State offense proves to be too much as they get a big play late to give TCU a loss. TCU does recover and wins another big game against Texas the following week, TCU wins the next two, Iowa State does give them a fight for a half. TCU then loses on the road to Kansas State. Finally after the bye they take on rival Baylor and win that one, it ends up being a great year for them as they win the Big 12, though as you will see the Big 12 has a lot of good teams, but they all beat each other up.

2. Texas Longhorns 9-3(6-3) - It took me a few minutes to figure out who's second, Texas is hoping this is the year they finally reach the top again I see them falling a little short, but they still are much improved, it's just a tough Big 12, with so many teams that are really good, but not dominant. Texas wins the first game with ease, BYU gives them some issues on the road but Texas escapes, they dominate Ole Miss, but then they lose to Kansas State at home, as it seems like Kansas State has had Texas's number when Bill Snyder is their coach. Texas beats Iowa State on the road in a sloppy one as they are focused on the next game, against rival Oklahoma, Texas comes into this one focused wanting to end their 3 game losing streak against the Sooners and they succeed to pull off the victory for what will be the highlight of their season, Texas loses on the road to TCU the following game, before winning the next two games easily. Texas then wins a big conference tilt over Oklahoma State, then beats Texas Tech after the bye, they are tied for the conference lead but unfortunately with TCU so they lose the tiebreaker, to add insult to that they lose to Baylor in an upset the following week, luckily thanks to Texas's win over Oklahoma State they avoid losing all the tie-breakers for Big 12 teams with 3 conference losses, and instead win the first tie-breaker by being the highest ranked.

3. Oklahoma State Cowboys 9-3(6-3) - Oklahoma State is another expected to be much improved this year, they should field a great offense with a better than usual defense. Oklahoma State wins their first 4 games with little trouble, before Kansas State gives them a little trouble but they win by double digits. Oklahoma State then faces TCU in a key game, they win that one with a late 4th quarter score, unfortunately the following week, Iowa State strikes again in Ames and pulls the upset, Oklahoma State doesn't recover and loses another upset to Texas Tech, they take it out on the fatman and Kansas the next week but lose out on their chance to truly be back in the Big 12 race by losing to Texas, they end strong by beating Baylor and rival Oklahoma at home. They get the tie-breaker for 3rd by beating both Baylor and Kansas State.

4. Kansas State Wildcats 9-3(6-3) - Kansas State loses QB Collin Klein and most of their defense, but if you doubt Bill Snyder he usually makes you look foolish, Kansas State doesn't look good at first, they struggle with North Dakota State and are actually in danger of losing but escape in a low scoring game, Louisiana-Lafayette gives them fits the following week before Kansas State finally hits strides against Umass, then beats Texas on the road as Snyder has seemingly had Texas' number. Kansas State loses their first game on the road against Oklahoma State, but they win a big one at home against Baylor week, after the bye they beat West Virginia and Iowa State. They then are upset in a tough road game against Texas Tech, but then keep themselves in the Big 12 race by upsetting TCU, but they lose at home against Oklahoma to end their Big 12 hopes, they take it out on the fatman and Kansas. They get the tie-breaker over Baylor.

5. Baylor Bears 9-3(6-3) - Baylor ended the season incredibly strong and look to bring that momentum into this year, but they have a new QB who is promising. Baylor opens with an easy win, before having some struggles for a half with the Buffalo Bulls, they then beat UL-Monroe after the bye in a game that proves challenging, Baylor then beats West Virginia, before Kansas State gets revenge on them for last year, Baylor then wins the next two easily. After the bye week comes the difficult 5 game stretch to end the year, Baylor starts it strong with wins over Oklahoma and Texas Tech, Lache Seastrunk's Heisman declaration starts to sound like a possibility especially after a huge performance against Oklahoma, but Baylor then loses to Oklahoma State and TCU ending his Heisman consideration and Baylor's Big 12 title hopes, Baylor does end strong with a win over Texas.

6. Oklahoma Sooners 8-4(5-4) - Oklahoma has been surprisingly not dominant the past few years, this year unfortunately turns out to be a tough one with few returning starters and a defense that will see struggles. Oklahoma see's a surprising challenge from UL-Monroe in week one but escapes, they win the next two with little issue, before going on a bye then beating Notre Dame on the road to avenge last year's embarrassment. Oklahoma then loses at home to TCU, and then suffers their biggest disappointment by losing to a motivated Texas team, Oklahoma does win the next two games, but they then lose to Baylor as Lache Seastrunk runs free against Oklahoma's struggling run defense, Oklahoma does beat Iowa State and Kansas State to get on a strong run but then they end up losing to rival Oklahoma State.

7. Texas Tech Red Raiders 7-5(4-5) - Texas Tech made a good hire in Kliff Kingsbury, it's already reigniting the Texas Tech fanbase, I see an improvement of Texas Tech's homefield advantage like they used to have. Texas Tech struggles a little against SMU in week one before winning the next one easily, they see their first loss come against TCU though, before winning the next 3 games with not much trouble. Texas Tech loses the next two on the road to West Virginia and Oklahoma, before coming back home and seeing the highlights of their season as they upset Oklahoma State and Kansas State in consecutive weeks, they lose their last two though.

8. West Virginia Mountaineers 6-6(3-6) - West Virginia had a disappointing first year in the Big 12 as the increased competition gave them issues, this year they lose a lot of starters especially on offense. The season starts with an easy win before losing to Oklahoma, they win over Georgia State easily but have some issues with Maryland before winning, West Virginia loses the next two games. After the bye they beat Texas Tech at home, but lose the next 3 before winning the last two over Kansas and Iowa State.

9. Iowa State Cyclones 5-7(2-7) - I never want to underestimate Paul Rhoades but with only 9 returning starters it's tough to see Iowa State winning a lot of Big 12 games this year, Iowa State starts with an easy win, and does beat rival Iowa, before finishing the non-conference with a win over Tulsa. Unfortunately the Big 12 gets really tough after that, they lose the next 4, but do pull a major upset over Oklahoma State for a season highlight, but lose 3 more before beating Kansas to avoid the Big 12 cellar.

10. Kansas Jayhawks 3-9(0-9) - Kansas is a very tough place to win, and unfortunately they lack talent right now, on the bright side we get to see the fatman struggle. Kansas actually starts 3-0 with wins in the non-conference, but don't win any games in the Big 12, they start to get closer to winning late in the year and put up a good fight in the last 3 games.

Big 12

wow I really didn't do well here

Most Underrated: Baylor- I thought they would be good but I was too conservative on it

Most Overrated: TCU- Quarterback play was just awful and TCU had no offense, resulting in a disappointing year.

Best Prediction Team: Texas Tech- was perfect on their record, wasn't as bad with their losses either, I also picked Texas' record right but only got one loss right.

Worst Prediction Team: TCU- do I really have to say any more :L

Best Prediction Game: Texas over Oklahoma- I figured Texas was just too focused on this game to lose it

Worst Prediction Game: Iowa State over Oklahoma State- I wanted to predict an Oklahoma State upset because I thought they would lose one upset, I went with the wrong one

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least you put it out thar.

oh yes definitely sir, I wasn't expecting to get a lot of these right

I figured it would be fun to do these in the preseason then analyze them later to see what I was off on and what I hit on

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most Overrated: Arkansas Razorbacks- I thought they had some good talent on this team and figured someone other than John L Smith could do something with this team, turns out not.

Most Underrated: Auburn Tigers- do I really need to go into detail on this one?

Best Prediction Team: Alabama Crimson Tide- I thought they would lose a regular season game, just picked the wrong one.

Worst Prediction Team: Arkansas Razorbacks- I wanted to avoid Auburn since they surprised everyone, I thought Arkansas would surprise some, I was wrong.

Best Prediction Game: Ole Miss over LSU- managed to call this upset, just a gut feeling.

Worst Prediction Game: Arkansas over Texas A&M- :L

It was a pretty close game though

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh yes definitely sir, I wasn't expecting to get a lot of these right

I figured it would be fun to do these in the preseason then analyze them later to see what I was off on and what I hit on

Hopefully, you are having fun, because I am laughing at some of the predictions. For the record, your Iowa prediction is way better than mine. I had Iowa at 2-10. Iowa's freshman QB Rullock? Bulloch? Ruddock? Riddick? does not make many mistakes which allowed the Iowa defense to stay in the game and make the plays.

mutiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually not surprised by your Mizzou prediction, you seem to have a lot negative posts in the Mizzou board. Its not surprising at all since most people out here are either just casual fans that really do not know much about the other teams. Mizzou was decimated by injuries last year. They always had the talent. Hell even with all the injuries…..they could have easily beaten Vandy, Florida and Syracuse (all bowl teams last year). They beat one of those teams and they go to a Bowl Game last season with all the problems.

Mizzou was healthy and returned to what they have been doing consistently since 2006 winning. Facts are facts