• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012-13 Niners

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may end up being a dead thread, but I didn't feel like starting a new thread just for this article and didn't know where else to put it.

Here is where I'm going to place facts, stats, trends, etc. about the 2012-13 season that can either be applied in making predictions on the future or comparison of the past/present. Add on if you can throughout the year, as there will no doubt, be articles and statistics in the future about last season.

I'll start off in the next post.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slow Start details for last season - revised with League totals

Here is an article noting how throughout the year, with both QBs, both regular season and postseason, etc. we consistently got off to slow starts, even if we were in fact ahead despite it (i.e. Jets game). We scored fewer points in the first quarter than any other for both QBs and both post and regular season games. The article goes into reasons for why this was - whether that be game plan or whatnot.

Cited by Mike Sando from the ESPN NFC West Blog, so I think NinerNation is an ok source?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the Department of Misleading Stats:

Marc Sessler @MarcSesslerNFL
The @49ers averaged 7.2 ypp out of the Pistol w/Alex Smith in Wks 1-10 and 5.8 with Colin Kaepernick from 11-17, per @fboutsiders -- hmm.

I know we ran the pistol less often towards the end, but don't think we'd use it to fewer yards on purpose. But as my reference to misleading stats suggests, I know it isn't as simple as this guy suggests. It also doesn't include postseason GB whooping or number of plays (as doing it earlier and less often with a lesser believed QB would surprise defenses more).

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL's Top 100 Plays of 2012-13

This list obviously shows that they stopped watching after the first game against the Packers. Number 42 and number 63 were from Gore's 23 yard touchdown and David Akers 63 yard field goal, both against the media driven Packers. I will give them the benefit of the doubt that if it included playoffs there'd be more plays on the list with the Niners (but of course, they'd have the last play of the SB, too). But there should be more in the regular season.

How about the touchdown pass to Kyle Williams in that Chicago Bears game? How about any of long runs from Kaepernick last season? The play I think could've been among the 100 best, was the time that Alex Smith could've thrown the touchdown to Kaepernick, had the Jets not called the timeout in time. They were making a quarterback switch, presumed by the Jets, so Kaep was uncovered, and he stayed on the field.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has some Harbaugh and references to the Niners last year. Also, it's not just the song (Auld Lang Signe), so don't leave if that's what you think it is.

Last edited by a moderator: