• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2011 Pre-season awards predictions

freaak

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So here's my annual (in my mind) awards prediction thread. Let me know your ideas and feel free to critique mine. Honorable mentions included.

NFL MVP - Peyton Manning - My feeling is he won't play week one and maybe even week two. The Colts are exposed as being terrible without him, and he comes in on his white horse to carry the team into the playoffs yet again. HM: Aaron Rodgers

Offensive Player of the Year - Aaron Rodgers - With all his weapons healthy and at his disposal, Aaron has a ridiculously productive season, yet finishes 2nd to Peyton in MVP voting. HM: Calvin Johnson

Defensive Player of the Year - Ndamukong Suh - Follows his impressive rookie campaign with a beastly season. The grumblings of his inability to play the run dissipate into the ether. HM: Patrick Willis

Offensive Rookie of the Year - Julio Jones - As the beneficiary of a great situation, Julio has the most productive season of all rookies with over 1,000 yds and 8-10 TDs. HM: A.J. Green

Defensive Rookie of the Year - Von Miller - He and Elvis make a dynamic duo, and Miller takes the award in a landslide as he produces double-digit sacks. HM: Phil Taylor

Comeback Player of the Year - Matthew Stafford - Overcoming injuries to guide his team to its first playoff berth since 1999 and earn his first Pro Bowl invitation. HM: Plaxico Burress

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here's my annual (in my mind) awards prediction thread. Let me know your ideas and feel free to critique mine. Honorable mentions included.

NFL MVP - Peyton Manning - My feeling is he won't play week one and maybe even week two. The Colts are exposed as being terrible without him, and he comes in on his white horse to carry the team into the playoffs yet again. HM: Aaron Rodgers

Offensive Player of the Year - Aaron Rodgers - With all his weapons healthy and at his disposal, Aaron has a ridiculously productive season, yet finishes 2nd to Peyton in MVP voting. HM: Calvin Johnson

Defensive Player of the Year - Ndamukong Suh - Follows his impressive rookie campaign with a beastly season. The grumblings of his inability to play the run dissipate into the ether. HM: Patrick Willis

Offensive Rookie of the Year - Julio Jones - As the beneficiary of a great situation, Julio has the most productive season of all rookies with over 1,000 yds and 8-10 TDs. HM: A.J. Green

Defensive Rookie of the Year - Von Miller - He and Elvis make a dynamic duo, and Miller takes the award in a landslide as he produces double-digit sacks. HM: Phil Taylor

Comeback Player of the Year - Matthew Stafford - Overcoming injuries to guide his team to its first playoff berth since 1999 and earn his first Pro Bowl invitation. HM: Plaxico Burress

Wow, very nice predictions. Very similar to my own. I will stick to your format to make things easier.

MVP - Peyton Manning - As far as I'm concerned he should be MVP every year, because nobody does more for his team than this guy. Having him miss possibly the first week or 2 should remind people that that's the case.
HM - Phillip Rivers

Offensive Player of the year - Phillip Rivers - With Vincent Jackson and Antonio Gates healthy i think this is almost a no brainer. I expect him to put up around 4,500 yards.
HM - Aaron Rodgers

Defensive Player of the year - Ndamukong Suh - Finally a Defensive lineman capable of winning it. I expect him to get between 12-15 sacks this year and completely dominate teams like the Bears and Vikings (finally a challenge for Hutch.).
HM - Tamba Hali (expecting mucho sacks from him this year)

Offensive Rookie of the year - Mark Ingram - This guy has been great in pre season and should have that starting role secured fairly quickly. He's going to give the Saints a nice balance that they haven't had in recent years and should get close to 1,000 yards and around 8-10 TD's.
HM - AJ Green

Defensive Rookie of the year - Patrick Peterson - With the trade of DRC and the injury to Toler, i expect Peterson to sneak up on some QB's who don't realize how good he is. He could be looking at 6-7 picks if QB's under estimate him.
HM - Rahim Moore - he should get around 100 tackles and if I'm wrong about Peterson than it's easily him IMO.

Comeback Player of the year - Mathew Stafford - My only concern with this is why he would be comeback player of the year when he hasn't really had the chance to show what he can do yet. Still, i expect him to light up the scoreboard and give the Lions a good shot at landing a wild card spot.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill give this a whirl.

NFL MVP: Drew Brees. HM: Mike Vick and Aaron Rodgers

Offesnsive player of the year: Mike Vick . HM: Drew Brees

Defensive player of the year: Same

Offensive Rookie of the year: Mark Ingram . HM: Julio Jones

Defensive Rookie of the year: Von Miller. HM: Aldon Smith

Comeback: Same

Coach: Kubiak

AFC Championship: Texans vs Ravens-Winner Texans
NFC Cahmpionship: Eagles vs saints-Winner-Saints

Superbowl Winner: Saints

PWilly52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MVP- Peyton Mannning

OPOY- Phillip Rivers

DPOY- Navarro Bowman- Honestly think he is gonna have a break out year

OROY-Julio Jones

DROY-Patrick Peterson

Comeback- Shawne Merriman (going out on a limb)

Coach- John Harbaugh

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was literally just about to make this thread, freaak. Rep!

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
MVP- Peyton Mannning

OPOY- Phillip Rivers

DPOY- Navarro Bowman- Honestly think he is gonna have a break out year

OROY-Julio Jones

DROY-Patrick Peterson

Comeback- Shawne Merriman (going out on a limb)

Coach- John Harbaugh

Lovin' the Love for the Bowman! That would be simply amazing!

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go ahead and sticky this thread since I assume a lot of people will be checking back to it during the season.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MVP- Tom Brady

OPOY- Phillip Rivers

DPOY- Willis

OROY-Julio Jones

DROY-Aldon Smith

Comeback- Braylon Edwards

Coach- Norv Turner

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • MVP** Peyton Manning
  • OPOY** Michael Vick
  • DPOY** Patrick Willis in my dreams, but it'll probably be Suh
  • OROY** Julio Jones
  • DROY** Von Miller
  • Comeback** Matthew Stafford
  • Coach** Andy Reid

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Co-MVP- Aaron Rodgers & Phillip Rivers

Co-OPOY- Michael Vick & Jamal Charles

Co-DPOY- Patrick Willis & Tamba Hali

Co-OROY- Cam Newton & Julio Jones

Co-DROY- Von Miller & Nick Fairley

Co-Comeback- Donovan McNabb & Bob Sanders

Co-CoachOY- Andy Reid & Steve Spagnuolo

Also receiving votes were Reggie Bush (comeback), and Cameron Jordan (DPOY).

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL MVP: Philip Rivers

Offensive player of the year: Calvin Johnson

Defensive player of the year: Suh

Offensive Rookie of the year: Julio Jones

Defensive Rookie of the year: Patrick Peterson

Comeback: Stafford

Coach: Jim Schwartz

uclabruin094

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NFL MVP: Aaron Rodgers

Offensive player of the year: Aaron Rodgers

Defensive player of the year: Suh

Offensive Rookie of the year: Mark Ingram

Defensive Rookie of the year: Von Miller

Comeback: Alex Smith (say what you want...)

Coach: Jim Harbaugh

For comeback and coach, if one wins, the other does too. Either both of them win or neither of them win.

BeerMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL MVP: Tom Brady
OPOY: Philip Rivers
DPOY: Cameron Wake
OROY: Mark Ingram
DROY: Von Miller
Comeback: Matt Stafford
Coach: Andy Reid

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, I'm going way off the grid on some of my picks....

MVP- Rivers

OPOY- J. Charles

DPOY- P. Willis

OROY-Dalone Carter

DROY-V. Miller

Comeback- J. Finley

Coach- J. Garrett

Super Bowl-Chargers over Packers

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MVP- Drew Brees (Saints have a big year) HM Alex Smith (if he plays so badly we can draft Luck I gotta give it to him)

OPY- Rivers (What he did last year with nothing was incredible...now he's got stuff)

DPOY- Willis (the team playing bad hurts him, but hes been on the radar since he came in and I look for him to make some big impact plays) HM- Mario Williams (just cause)

OROY- Ingram (toss up with about 5 guys for me though) HM-Robert Woods USC... hes gonna have such a big year I give it to him anyway!!

DROY- Jimmy Smith (the rest of those guys are gonna make him look good... and make him play good)

Comeback- Romo (Because I hate him so much) HM- Dumervil

Coach- Norv Turner...THAT JUST HAPPENED!!!

Most Improved- Mark Sanchez (uses GQ as fuel to gain back manhood...puts up big numbers) HM- McFadden

Biggest Drop Off- Bowe (KC struggles this year) HM- Lloyd

Superbowl- Chargers over Saints and they stay in SD so that when a team finally comes to LA it won't be them.

taughtmepatience

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MVP- Rivers. What he did last year with Naane and Ajirotutu was amazing. With Vincent and Gates, it will be record setting.

OPY- Rivers

DPOY- Demarcus Ware. Suh gets triple teamed and doesn't accomplish much.

OROY- Julio Jones

DROY- Von Miller... gonna have 13 sacks

Comeback- Brandan Marshall

Coach- Norv.

Most Improved- Stafford

Biggest Drop Off- Adrian Peterson. He lost half a step last year and will lose a full step this year

Superbowl- Chargers v. GB