• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2011 Pre-season awards predictions

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NFL MVP:Alex Smith...

Offesnsive player of the year:Alex Smith

Defensive player of the year: Patrick willis

Offensive Rookie of the year: Cam Newton

Defensive Rookie of the year: Nick Farley

Comeback: Plaxico Burress

Coach of the year..John Harbaugh

Super bowl....Ravens vs 49ers

49ers win

I Have a DREAM....LOL

Coach: Kubiak

AFC Championship: Texans vs Ravens-Winner Texans
NFC Cahmpionship: Eagles vs saints-Winner-Saints

Superbowl Winner: Saint

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MVP- Rivers. What he did last year with Naane and Ajirotutu was amazing. With Vincent and Gates, it will be record setting.

OPY- Rivers

DPOY- Demarcus Ware. Suh gets triple teamed and doesn't accomplish much.

OROY- Julio Jones

DROY- Von Miller... gonna have 13 sacks

Comeback- Brandan Marshall

Coach- Norv.

Most Improved- Stafford

Biggest Drop Off- Adrian Peterson. He lost half a step last year and will lose a full step this year

Superbowl- Chargers v. GB

Bolded are the only things I disagree with you.

Jake Locker Offensive Rookie of the Year, though I can see AJ Green also winning this. Even though I am suspicious of Jones I can see him proving me wrong easily.
Chan Gailey for Coach of the Year, though I think Norv will be in the running as I think the Chargers will have the Best Record in Football.
Gerald McCoy for Most Improved, this might be a Homer pick, but with a year under his belt and Much Much better players around him on the Line, I think he will have a Huge year.
Ndamukong Suh for Biggest Drop Off, The exact opposite for Suh, as a player he will not get better IMO, he will need to start getting savvy and with OLines focusing in him, I expect a huge drop off.
Super Bowl - New Orleans over Baltimore

Other than those I agreed with everything else you picked. The only picks of your I Really disagreed though was Drop Off, I think Peterson has a very Nice Year.

I think Rivers, Ware and Miller are all gonna win those Awards. Though Rodgers and Brees looked damn good today...

Last edited by a moderator:

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Jake Locker Offensive Rookie of the Year, though I can see AJ Green also winning this. Even though I am suspicious of Jones I can see him proving me wrong easily.
Chan Gailey for Coach of the Year, though I think Norv will be in the running as I think the Chargers will have the Best Record in Football.
Gerald McCoy for Most Improved, this might be a Homer pick, but with a year under his belt and Much Much better players around him on the Line, I think he will have a Huge year.
Ndamukong Suh for Biggest Drop Off, The exact opposite for Suh, as a player he will not get better IMO, he will need to start getting savvy and with OLines focusing in him, I expect a huge drop off.

Other than those I agreed with everything else you picked. The only picks of your I Really disagreed though was Drop Off, I think Peterson has a very Nice Year.

I think Rivers, Ware and Miller are all gonna win those Awards. Though Rodgers and Brees looked damn good today...

Andy Dalton has a good chance to be Rookie of the year....he probably the most ready rookie qb in the league right now

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy Dalton has a good chance to be Rookie of the year....he probably the most ready rookie qb in the league right now

Good Pick, He will be the starter from day one so that should give him the edge over Locker and if he is the one throwing to Green then it would be almost impossible for Green to win over Dalton. Last Year proved a Great season by a WR will not win the award over a Average season by a QB.

taughtmepatience

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A lot of people seem to be on similar pages this year which usually means something completely wacky is going to happen... Alex Smith comeback player... dare I dream?

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people seem to be on similar pages this year which usually means something completely wacky is going to happen... Alex Smith comeback player... dare I dream?

2-1, should be 3-0. Who knows...

That Bucs/Niners game looks like it might be a Good One that will mean something. If you guys can get past the game At Philadelphia and the Bucs can beat the Colts at Home we will both be 3-1 and in first place.

How about those Bills? I am thinking unless they completely collapse Chan Gailey has wrapped up the CoY award. I thought the Bills would be a lot better (I had them going 7-9 and in 3rd place), but I did not think they would be this good. I dont think they win the Division but they might be able to make the playoffs. Though they do have kinda of a tough schedule though...
Cincinnati
At Philadelphia
New York (G)
BYE
Washington
New York (J)
At Dallas
At Miami
At New York (J)
Tennessee
At San Diego
Miami
Denver
At New England

If they can beat Cincinnati, Denver and Miami x2, that puts them at 7 wins. IMO they would Have to win vs Washington, New York Jets, Tennessee. That would give them 10 wins, 9-3 AFC Record. They might be able to do it... In the NFL who knows, right?

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-1, should be 3-0. Who knows...

That Bucs/Niners game looks like it might be a Good One that will mean something. If you guys can get past the game At Philadelphia and the Bucs can beat the Colts at Home we will both be 3-1 and in first place.

How about those Bills? I am thinking unless they completely collapse Chan Gailey has wrapped up the CoY award. I thought the Bills would be a lot better (I had them going 7-9 and in 3rd place), but I did not think they would be this good. I dont think they win the Division but they might be able to make the playoffs. Though they do have kinda of a tough schedule though...
Cincinnati
At Philadelphia
New York (G)
BYE
Washington
New York (J)
At Dallas
At Miami
At New York (J)
Tennessee
At San Diego
Miami
Denver
At New England

If they can beat Cincinnati, Denver and Miami x2, that puts them at 7 wins. IMO they would Have to win vs Washington, New York Jets, Tennessee. That would give them 10 wins, 9-3 AFC Record. They might be able to do it... In the NFL who knows, right?

I say we start 5-0, but starting 10-0 isn't a stretch.