• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

$200M MLB Draft : CHAT

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a shot in baseball, not pro's or anything, I probably had D-2 talent, got burned out when I hit 16/17 though.

I had an opportunity about 3 years ago to go tryout for a NAIA team in bama, which is like between D-3 and D-2, I made the team but it just wasn't a good fit for either party, didn't have a lot of college credits at the time and I would have had to play JV the first year at the age of 23 and bust my ass in the classroom taking 6 classes a semester to be eligible.

It was cool though just knowing I made it and ending my career knowing I could have played ball at the college level. My little brother had the talent to be a first round pick, but he blew it with drugs and getting a girl prego when he was 17.

lol, hockey, you don't see any hockey players in Florida really and if you do I would imagine they really suck.
No clue where Pembroke Pines Fla is but you got one on the Flyers now .....

Shayne-Gostisbehere_E2QPNkN.jpg

Reactions: TJL

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No clue where Pembroke Pines Fla is but you got one on the Flyers now .....

Shayne-Gostisbehere_E2QPNkN.jpg
It's weird, out of all the teams in the Tampa area, the Lightning have the biggest following, easily.

This is a baseball area, but everyone already had or has a team due to not having a team until 1998 and there being so many spring training's that take place here.

Lot's of Yankee fans in these parts, which is why the Rays attendance constantly sucks ass.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone always thinks I played football, I'm about 6'3 and really wide, I have big shoulder and I"m built much more like a football player. Skinny for me is like 225-230, which for most people would be pretty fat lol
Everyone always assumed I played baseball because I'm a bit more compact :dhd: 5'11 190. But I played hockey and football :dhd: Guess we got the reverse going

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's weird, out of all the teams in the Tampa area, the Lightning have the biggest following, easily.

This is a baseball area, but everyone already had or has a team due to not having a team until 1998 and there being so many spring training's that take place here.

Lot's of Yankee fans in these parts, which is why the Rays attendance constantly sucks ass.
Tampa actually has a very talented hockey team. We got the Devil Rays farm team where I'm from. Always thought it was odd. To see a bunch of yankees fans cheering for devil rays prospects. And fwiw Josh Hamilton was a complete cokehead douchebag

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone always assumed I played baseball because I'm a bit more compact :dhd: 5'11 190. But I played hockey and football :dhd: Guess we got the reverse going
I don't really think there's size requirements for hockey, you just gotta be a tough son of a bitch lol

Actually went to my first live hockey game back in March? I think, it was a Florida Panthers game while I was down in Miami on vacation, got to see Jagr play which is probably one of 5 players I know lol so that was cool, one of the best sports to watch live no doubt about it.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa actually has a very talented hockey team. We got the Devil Rays farm team where I'm from. Always thought it was odd. To see a bunch of yankees fans cheering for devil rays prospects. And fwiw Josh Hamilton was a complete cokehead douchebag
Hamilton when he was making his comeback and was sober actually was living and training at Jack Russel stadium where I used to play pretty often.

A few of my friends that played D-2 ball at Eckerd college were the ones assigned to go and pitch him BP and get him ready.

One of my friends who got to throw him BP, is the son of Mike Ramsey (Ozzie Smith's backup), who also coached minor league ball. He said out of all the pro's he saw as a kid go thru the minor's and all the pro's he's met, Hamilton was easily the most talented, he was a pitcher in college and he said even throwing BP with a net to Hamilton was fucking nerve racking, said it's just different coming off of his bat.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really think there's size requirements for hockey, you just gotta be a tough son of a bitch lol

Actually went to my first live hockey game back in March? I think, it was a Florida Panthers game while I was down in Miami on vacation, got to see Jagr play which is probably one of 5 players I know lol so that was cool, one of the best sports to watch live no doubt about it.
It plays a role to a point. But some of the toughest players were smaller. I swear 5'6 Theo Fleury would fight anyone.And hold his own

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It plays a role to a point. But some of the toughest players were smaller. I swear 5'6 Theo Fleury would fight anyone.And hold his own
I used to play that backyard hockey game, the one where everyone is a little kid lmao and I used to always pick Lemioux(sp?) on my team, dude was raw, even in a 10 year olds body.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamilton when he was making his comeback and was sober actually was living and training at Jack Russel stadium where I used to play pretty often.

A few of my friends that played D-2 ball at Eckerd college were the ones assigned to go and pitch him BP and get him ready.

One of my friends who got to throw him BP, is the son of Mike Ramsey (Ozzie Smith's backup), who also coached minor league ball. He said out of all the pro's he saw as a kid go thru the minor's and all the pro's he's met, Hamilton was easily the most talented, he was a pitcher in college and he said even throwing BP with a net to Hamilton was fucking nerve racking, said it's just different coming off of his bat.
When he was up here it was in his pre sober days. Not the best side of him

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That same friend btw, said by far the weirdest dude he ever met while his dad was coaching in the minors was Brian Wilson, said that dude legit had screws loose.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he was up here it was in his pre sober days. Not the best side of him
Durham Bulls I'm guessing?

Yea, I can imagine he was off of his rocker, he was into some hard shit.

One of the main reasons I think he had trouble with life on the road is he was from a small town and real sheltered as a kid, that was literally his first time away from home, I think he's said that while he was in High School he never even had a sip of alcohol.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durham Bulls I'm guessing?

Yea, I can imagine he was off of his rocker, he was into some hard shit.

One of the main reasons I think he had trouble with life on the road is he was from a small town and real sheltered as a kid, that was literally his first time away from home, I think he's said that while he was in High School he never even had a sip of alcohol.
Hudson Valley Renegades.They had Evan Longoria and a few others briefly too

etbjosh05web1.jpg

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hudson Valley Renegades.They had Evan Longoria and a few others briefly too

etbjosh05web1.jpg

Ah, ok cool.

Dude might have been one of the most talented players of all time and fucked it all up.

I'd name a couple others like him but I don't wanna name drop lol

Hamilton didn't play until 2007 so he's ineligible in this draft anyway.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, ok cool.

Dude might have been one of the most talented players of all time and fucked it all up.

I'd name a couple others like him but I don't wanna name drop lol

Hamilton didn't play until 2007 so he's ineligible in this draft anyway.
Dude was a real tool back then. Not sure what he's like now

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude was a real tool back then. Not sure what he's like now
I've never met him so have no clue.

Only stories I've heard are the ones mentioned, and he was sober at the time.

I'm not sure he's sober anymore, so I'm sure he's a tool again.

I know his wife stayed with him thru all his shit, then he got sober, and she left him after he fell off the wagon again.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never met him so have no clue.

Only stories I've heard are the ones mentioned, and he was sober at the time.

I'm not sure he's sober anymore, so I'm sure he's a tool again.

I know his wife stayed with him thru all his shit, then he got sober, and she left him after he fell off the wagon again.
The prospects that play for the team are housed by local families. In exchange for tickets to the games. I knew the family that housed him.Constantly getting in trouble thought he was above everything. Found one of his 8 balls. Wondered what it would go for on eBay. But I thought better of it and disposed of it properly :dhd:

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The prospects that play for the team are housed by local families. In exchange for tickets to the games. I knew the family that housed him.Constantly getting in trouble thought he was above everything. Found one of his 8 balls. Wondered what it would go for on eBay. But I thought better of it and disposed of it properly :dhd:
Hahaha that's pretty awesome.

I've heard of them doing that in the Cape Cod league, as far as housing players, didn't know they actually did that for minor league players, that's pretty interesting.

Do you know if they still do that now? I know David Price used his signing bonus to buy a brand new BMW and lived out of his car while on the road most of the time lol

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha that's pretty awesome.

I've heard of them doing that in the Cape Cod league, as far as housing players, didn't know they actually did that for minor league players, that's pretty interesting.

Do you know if they still do that now? I know David Price used his signing bonus to buy a brand new BMW and lived out of his car while on the road most of the time lol
They really don't get paid much here. Not even close to enough to get by in NY. So they had to find a solution for housing. They get a room the families are compensated with tickets. The bigger name players aren't generally here long tho. I'm not allowed at the games anymore either tho. Had a pitcher that really needs to work on his trash talk pissed :dhd:

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really don't get paid much here. Not even close to enough to get by in NY. So they had to find a solution for housing. They get a room the families are compensated with tickets. The bigger name players aren't generally here long tho. I'm not allowed at the games anymore either tho. Had a pitcher that really needs to work on his trash talk pissed :dhd:
lmao, we have the Clearwater threshers here which is low A ball, I live about 5 minutes from the field.

They have $1 night where tickets, beers, and hot dogs are all a dollar.

A few years back they housed the Big East tournament and it was like $15 to watch all 3 games that day lmao, so cheap.

You have to elaborate on that story btw, wtf did you say to get banned from the park?

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao, we have the Clearwater threshers here which is low A ball, I live about 5 minutes from the field.

They have $1 night where tickets, beers, and hot dogs are all a dollar.

A few years back they housed the Big East tournament and it was like $15 to watch all 3 games that day lmao, so cheap.

You have to elaborate on that story btw, wtf did you say to get banned from the park?
He stole Josh Hamilton's 8-ball. Pay attention!