• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2009 Alabama team

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this true about the autographs???

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goggle "T-Town Menswear" and educate yourself on the squeaky clean Tide.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it was true, it wouldn't matter because the statue of limitations are up.

The amounts quoted pretty much make it a non-story even if it was true and if the statue of limitations were up.

I've read it's mostly bullshit, but I wouldn't be surprised if that kind of thing happened even if the specific accusation isn't 100%. The amounts make it more believable.

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my next question is this. Was Terelle Pryor still in school when the
Gold pants scandal happened.

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya it looks like they’re screwed! It’s come
full circle now!

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the tatoo scandal. The difference here is Tressel was told to it might be going on and he ignored that warning. He then signed the standard paperwork for the NCAA saying he had no knowledge of any special benefits. Thats where the big hit came from.

There are photographs of Bama players signing autographs inside the store. Where even if no money/compensation was exchanged that was a violation that was ignored.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the tatoo scandal. The difference here is Tressel was told to it might be going on and he ignored that warning. He then signed the standard paperwork for the NCAA saying he had no knowledge of any special benefits. Thats where the big hit came from.

There are photographs of Bama players signing autographs inside the store. Where even if no money/compensation was exchanged that was a violation that was ignored.
Was never ignored. The owner was issued a cease and desist and told to refrain from having anything to do with Alabama football, and he was a booster. The compliance department looked into all allegations and sent information to the NCAA on what they found. This was brought up several years ago, nothing came of it then, nothing will now.

If memory serves, you and I debated this back then. I could be wrong, memory isnt what it used to be, but I could swear it was you.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was never ignored. The owner was issued a cease and desist and told to refrain from having anything to do with Alabama football, and he was a booster. The compliance department looked into all allegations and sent information to the NCAA on what they found. This was brought up several years ago, nothing came of it then, nothing will now.

If memory serves, you and I debated this back then. I could be wrong, memory isnt what it used to be, but I could swear it was you.
I might have been, I do like talking shit now and then. I dont expect anything to come of it I was always just curious how the actual photographs were ignored. I get it if nobody talks and no other evidence, but pictures...

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe Pryor was being mounted from behind by a Hooplan named Smoke at that time.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might have been, I do like talking shit now and then. I dont expect anything to come of it I was always just curious how the actual photographs were ignored. I get it if nobody talks and no other evidence, but pictures...
I had an article on my old PC that detailed all the information. I will see if I can find it when I get time. The guy was a scumbag trying to capitalize off Bama and injected himself into the players lives for a short time, until Saban old them anyone who was seen there would be dealt with. They finally sicked the compliance department on the guy and advised him to stop. I think they went to so far as to ban him from the stadium, around the team, any team functions, and denied him season tickets(which I hear he had damn good seats). They guy pissed in his cornflakes because the Bama players were not even allowed to shop at his store any longer.

Saban knows better than to let lowlifes like that around his player. 10 going on 11 years and no incidents more than secondary under his watch. Aside from 2007 when they had the previous bullshit still lingering, he had done a good job of keeping Bama clean. Hope it stays that way too.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had an article on my old PC that detailed all the information. I will see if I can find it when I get time. The guy was a scumbag trying to capitalize off Bama and injected himself into the players lives for a short time, until Saban old them anyone who was seen there would be dealt with. They finally sicked the compliance department on the guy and advised him to stop. I think they went to so far as to ban him from the stadium, around the team, any team functions, and denied him season tickets(which I hear he had damn good seats). They guy pissed in his cornflakes because the Bama players were not even allowed to shop at his store any longer.

Saban knows better than to let lowlifes like that around his player. 10 going on 11 years and no incidents more than secondary under his watch. Aside from 2007 when they had the previous bullshit still lingering, he had done a good job of keeping Bama clean. Hope it stays that way too.
I agree they handled it correctly. My only point was when it was investigated why were the pictures ignored. If they were doctored, which is not out of the realm of possibility why was that not addressed.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree they handled it correctly. My only point was when it was investigated why were the pictures ignored. If they were doctored, which is not out of the realm of possibility why was that not addressed.
I will need to find the article to refresh my memory.