• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2001 Lakers vs Current Warriors

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I do think you're right here.

Who was the 2nd best player on that 07 Cavs team?

Donyell Marshall?

Boobie Gibson?

That team was awful.

The 07 Finals team might be Bron's most impressive accomplishment. It was like the 2017 Bulls plus Lebron, and he dragged them to the finals.
Not according to the geniuses who keep shouting "3-6!"

I've even heard some say it's better to not make the Finals at all than to make it there and lose.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not according to the geniuses who keep shouting "3-6!"

I've even heard some say it's better to not make the Finals at all than to make it there and lose.

yeah that's a dumb argument. lol

but the team wasn't quite as bad as i thought, but still not very good.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol....whoa now......not even close

dude. that '07 team was horrendous-- if certain players got to double digit points, it was a huge boost.

The Cavs had an all star in Love, another former All Star and great shooter in Korver, TT, ....that ALONE is enough.

like George Hill, Jeff Green, Clarkson - those guys would be better than just about anyone on that 07 team besides LeBron.

Is this smoking gun proof that wiggy was not a Cavs fan in '07?

Because honestly, the '18 role players were better only because they fit LeBron better.

They are not actually better players than Hughes, Gooden, Big Z, Varejao, Pavlovic, etc.

More accomplished? Yes. Bigger names? Yes again.

Better?

Not much. The Cavs record this year offers proof of that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this smoking gun proof that wiggy was not a Cavs fan in '07?

Because honestly, the '18 role players were better only because they fit LeBron better.

They are not actually better players than Hughes, Gooden, Big Z, Varejao, Pavlovic, etc.

More accomplished? Yes. Bigger names? Yes again.

Better?

Not much. The Cavs record this year offers proof of that.
trust me when i say you didnt watch those teams....Daniel Gibson was easily the 2nd best Cav in the playoffs

Hughes was awful by then. Those guys were TERRIBLE. Drew "No" Gooden was awful. Pavolivc was one of the stupidest basketball players i have ever seen.

Varejao was so raw and shot as bad as Lonzo Ball.

i mean, Clarkson, ALONE, would be the 2nd best player on that team and he might be the 6th or 7th best Cav on the 18 team.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniel Gibson was EASILY the Cavs 2nd best player ---- i mean- in that Detroit series he went crazy the last 3 games and he was a 22 year old rookie.

Larry Boo's was trashola by then. That team broke 85 points ONCE in the Finals...lol

defensively they were solid but offensively they were absolutely brutal.

if you switch out Z for Love and you switch out Larry Boo's for Korver that team couldve pushed that series at the very very least if not won it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniel Gibson was EASILY the Cavs 2nd best player ---- i mean- in that Detroit series he went crazy the last 3 games and he was a 22 year old rookie.

Larry Boo's was trashola by then. That team broke 85 points ONCE in the Finals...lol

defensively they were solid but offensively they were absolutely brutal.

if you switch out Z for Love and you switch out Larry Boo's for Korver that team couldve pushed that series at the very very least if not won it.

But that is exactly why it is somewhat close.

Because last year's group was good offensively, but brutal on D.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that is exactly why it is somewhat close.

Because last year's group was good offensively, but brutal on D.
dude i watched every game of both teams in the playoffs and its note even a consideration.

The cavs had no business beating the Pistons that year except for Daniel Gibson going off against the Pistons.

Kevin Love is light years better than anyone on that Cavs teams. Id take Korver over anyone on that Cavs team.

Jordan Clarskon would have been the 2nd best player on that Cavs team.

you have no clue how bad Gooden and Pavlovic were. They are 2 incredibly stupid basketball players. Larry Hughes was on his way out he was such a disappointment.

There were nights when the announcers would say---"if we can just get one or two guys besides lebron in double digits we might be able to win".

its not even close. The 18 Cavs would DESTROY the 07 Cavs.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude i watched every game of both teams in the playoffs and its note even a consideration.

The cavs had no business beating the Pistons that year except for Daniel Gibson going off against the Pistons.

Kevin Love is light years better than anyone on that Cavs teams. Id take Korver over anyone on that Cavs team.

Jordan Clarskon would have been the 2nd best player on that Cavs team.

you have no clue how bad Gooden and Pavlovic were. They are 2 incredibly stupid basketball players. Larry Hughes was on his way out he was such a disappointment.

There were nights when the announcers would say---"if we can just get one or two guys besides lebron in double digits we might be able to win".

its not even close. The 18 Cavs would DESTROY the 07 Cavs.

How you gonna disrespect Shannon Brown like that.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As others have said, hack a Shaq combined with getting Shaq defending on the perimeter makes this one over in 5.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As others have said, hack a Shaq combined with getting Shaq defending on the perimeter makes this one over in 5.

Warriors cant even handle the Raptors. :L

The Lakers perimeter is fine to contain these clowns.

STOP!!!

Shaq would avg 45/20 against this team

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These comparisons are cool. Kinda

B-ball evolution has just changed. Game is a lot different so it’s hard to compare. But great defense will always beat great offense. Always has always will

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, after all, no way Phil Jackson is smart enough to figure out how to counter that.

It's hilarious that some think those Lakers wouldn't be looking to impose their pace and style on the Warriors.

Size wears down speed, just as well as speed can wear down size.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, after all, no way Phil Jackson is smart enough to figure out how to counter that.

It's hilarious that some think those Lakers wouldn't be looking to impose their pace and style on the Warriors.

Size wears down speed, just as well as speed can wear down size.

That is true.

But Shaq wasn't exactly known for his conditioning. And Phil wasn't known for in game adjustments.

Of course the Lakers would be looking to impose their pace. But, in all honesty it is a lot easier for the Warriors to impose theirs. And if they get Shaq in foul trouble, it is game over.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is true.

But Shaq wasn't exactly known for his conditioning. And Phil wasn't known for in game adjustments.

Of course the Lakers would be looking to impose their pace. But, in all honesty it is a lot easier for the Warriors to impose theirs. And if they get Shaq in foul trouble, it is game over.

This was 2001 Shaq. Conditioning in the finals wasn't an issue.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody ever made him guard the perimeter either.

At least not the way modern teams do.

And?

That somehow means he couldn't? It means that Phil couldn't come up with a way to cover that at times if/when necessary?

That Lakers team had some pretty good perimeter defenders led by Kobe. Pretty sure Phil would figure out a way to use that to limit the Warriors.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And?

That somehow means he couldn't? It means that Phil couldn't come up with a way to cover that at times if/when necessary?

That Lakers team had some pretty good perimeter defenders led by Kobe. Pretty sure Phil would figure out a way to use that to limit the Warriors.

Well, bigs need to be able to move their feet to guard pick and roll. Shaq did not move his feet well defensively.

So no. I don't think Phil would have been able to figure that out. Because even the best coaches today sit bench their bigs who can't defend pick and roll when they are getting exposed. Like I said before, Phil was not the best X and O coach. So he isn't likely to create something that guys like Pop and Stevens can't come up with. That wasn't Phil's strength as a coach, and I think you know that.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, bigs need to be able to move their feet to guard pick and roll. Shaq did not move his feet well defensively.

In 2001 he did.

So no. I don't think Phil would have been able to figure that out.

Not even bothering to read the rest. Sorry, but you're better than this. The Lakers had good perimeter defenders, starting with Kobe. You seem to have ignored that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2001 he did.

Not even bothering to read the rest. Sorry, but you're better than this. The Lakers had good perimeter defenders, starting with Kobe. You seem to have ignored that.

I haven't.

Because Kobe and Fox wouldn't be directly involved in the pick and roll action.

Unless you have Fisher guarding Klay.

Even then, Shaq is the issue.