• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

20/20 hindsight in the trade for Trubisky

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless, what's funny? That QB class was regarded as very poor one.

The first round QB's are a combined 25-8... all in 1st place. With 20+ TD's 100+ QB Ratings and all near (or at) the top of the league in rushing by QB's.
That was supposed to be an absolutely terrible qb class:agree:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was supposed to be an absolutely terrible qb class:agree:
Yep, no doubt. I vividly recall a number of so-called experts who felt that none of those three were worthy of a first round selection. I even have to admit I kind of bought into that collective "logic". Not having followed any of them greatly, altho I saw a number of games from Watson, I was deferring to their knowledge. Solomon Thomas was my choice for Pace to select with the then #3 pick. So glad now in 20/20 hindsight that he didn't listen to me. :nono:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to play devils advocate. would mahomes be mahomes in chicago? would trubisky be mahomes in KC? who knows........different coaches, different schemes, different grooming and support. mahomes is being a world beater. but he was certainly grading out the lowest of the big three in his draft class.......is it andy reid? is it the system? i think in nagy's system he would dominate as well.....however i think nagy can make a well below avergage qb average.......shit i think nagy is a genius qb whisperer. Think he could turn bortles into a serviceable qb.
You had me up to the Bortles part. Not buying it. You can't fix stupid.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His line has provided him the second most time to throw in all of the NFL at 3.08 seconds (TT). The man holds the ball longer than any other QB.

If you notice... it is commonly talked about with many running/scrambling QB's that "their line is so bad!". Wilson, Rodgers, Watson... these guys have constantly had this talk surround them. They're not always getting hit because their line is bad. They're always getting hit because they try to extend a bunch of plays, as they trust their feet.

Watson's line being bad is an illusion created by the amount of times he's hit behind the LOS. The film and unbiased numbers say Watson's line has been elite in pass protection.

Passing Stats | NFL Next Gen Stats

No.....Their line is that bad...…….
Watch a few of there games.....Watsons running for his life out there....

I have yet to find anything that suggests their line is anything special...…...all these sitee list them at the bottom.

nfl o-line 2018 - Bing

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course no one knows how Mahomes will do in Nagy's offense. But common sense tells me he would do quite well. I would even say he'd probably do alot better than Trubisky has so far.

And of course we don't know for certain. But I do know this. Alex Smith, who's a pretty good QB, never looked like this in KC. Mahomes just in his first year starting has eclipsed every single year Smith ever had in KC. That's saying something. The guy is a bonafide stud. And I agree wholeheartedly with whoever said great QBs do well in any system. Mahomes to me is a great QB.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.....Their line is that bad...…….
Watch a few of there games.....Watsons running for his life out there....

I have yet to find anything that suggests their line is anything special...…...all these sitee list them at the bottom.

nfl o-line 2018 - Bing

Almost every link on there is from like July en shit bruh.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost every link on there is from like July en shit bruh.

And they still have not gotten better......Watch the games,theyre horrible...……..They did not go from being ranked dead last or close to it,to being one of the best in the league...……

They have pretty much the same starters now as what the sites had their starters as at the beginning of the season:

2018 Houston Texans Starters, Roster, & Players | Pro-Football-Reference.com

LT Davemport drafted with their 4th pick...…..They call him a bust.
LG kelemente
Nick Martin 2nd round...…..they call him a bust.
RG Zach Fulton
RT kendall Lamm

They all have been very low draft picks and with not much for games started...…

As for 2017:
Only Nick Martin is the only returning starter from last season...…..

They are bad...…....

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like profootballfocus rankings.........

they havent updated since week 10 but

2018 NFL Offensive Line Rankings: All 32 teams' units after Week 10 | NFL Analysis | Pro Football Focus

I read that last night too...…….I watch the Texans cause I have Watson (and actually Trubisky,lol) on my fantasy team...….so I do watch the Texans...…..Watson does not have time to throw...….Maybe that stat @richig07 threw out there is because he scrambles enough to give him that much time,but other than that,its false advertisement...……...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that last night too...…….I watch the Texans cause I have Watson (and actually Trubisky,lol) on my fantasy team...….so I do watch the Texans...…..Watson does not have time to throw...….Maybe that stat @richig07 threw out there is because he scrambles enough to give him that much time,but other than that,its false advertisement...……...
well like all rankings, Profootballfocus is flawed......they are fantastic in most things, but do have flaws. There is a reason NFL teams use their metrics. But earlier in the year they declared Big Ben a bottom 10 qb, and having the worst season of his career. granted the big goof has a billion turnovers, but hes slinging it