• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

20/20 hindsight in the trade for Trubisky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me ask a general question then to the people who believe Pace still did the right thing.

If the article is correct and there were nobody else asking SF for the #2 and therefore Trubisky would have dropped to #3. Do you then still believe Pace did the right thing to move up to #2? That's the point i'm making
I still think he did the right thing. He took no chances and made sure we got the QB he targeted.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing's perfect. Like Noon, I like that he didn't risk losing his guy.

This team is pretty stacked with talent. I'd say he's done an admirable job, all things considered.

At this pace(pun intended) it could be arguable soon, that he's the best GM we've had in some time.
There is no argument. He got us our best coach and best QB in franchise history. I really think Pace is now that vet GM. The first year or two he was shaky as a GM.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no argument. He got us our best coach and best QB in franchise history. I really think Pace is now that vet GM. The first year or two he was shaky as a GM.

But the first year or two is what began all of this...

So I must disagree.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's one:

Report: Bears were bidding against themselves in NFL draft trade with 49ers

There are none. #Bears were bidding against themselves on that one. Nobody was trying to move to 2 for Trubisky.

No. Nobody was paying the #49ers price for No. 2. San Fran shopped that pick HARD for a week solid and nobody was biting. Not even close.

And here are some others:

Why the Bears' draft trade is bad, even if Mitchell Trubisky ends up being good

Reports: Bears negotiated against selves, Fox not in loop on Trubisky decision

One of these is an opinion piece and the other is Charles Robinson... with whom I have no clue of.

I trust Schefter and the more widespread reports of Browns/Chiefs looking to trade up for Trubisky that came out after those initial bashings of the Bears front office.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing's perfect. Like Noon, I like that he didn't risk losing his guy.

This team is pretty stacked with talent. I'd say he's done an admirable job, all things considered.

At this pace(pun intended) it could be arguable soon, that he's the best GM we've had in some time.
And we should keep in mind that unless the Bears tank these remaining games, Pace is a shoo-in for Executive of the Year.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of these is an opinion piece and the other is Charles Robinson... with whom I have no clue of.

I trust Schefter and the more widespread reports of Browns/Chiefs looking to trade up for Trubisky that came out after those initial bashings of the Bears front office.

Even if they did trade up ahead of us,Mahomes and Watson would have been great choices too.....

But of course,its all hindsight now...…….

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if they did trade up ahead of us,Mahomes and Watson would have been great choices too.....

It's not a matter of who we picked. It's a matter of Pace getting the one he wanted. The pick would determine his job and the Bears for years.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would certainly stick with Trubisky over Watson. Mahomes? Right now he looks like a future HOF'er - but so did Wentz last season. The sophomore and 3rd year campaigns are more telling. As they will be for Trubisky.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don't think he is better now then day one?

I think one of the most important things he did was gut everything, commit to a total rebuild and begin hoarding cap space. Which was move #1... his drafts have been better since. However, that first draft also netted us Goldman. It's easy to say he's better now - because he's able to be aggressive, get after things and spend money. The first few years were boring, but by design. So... no... I don't think he's better. I think it was one big vision and he's executed it fantastically so far.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly between Trubisky, Mahomes and Watson. It's not even close. It's Mahomes all day long. I kept waiting for this kid to come back down to earth but he doesn't. He really is that good. I think Mahomes is the real deal. And I agree, I take Trubisky over Watson.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know. i always thought wtf are the bears doing. I actually still thought that up until a recent discussion on the redskins board. I dont know if trubisky was the right pick, maybe one of the other guys was? who knows. What is clear as day..........Is in today's NFL draft you HAVE TO GO GET YOUR GUY when looking at a qb. THe skins board was arguin they can let a qb slip to them without having to trade up to get one.

NFL.com Draft 2018 - NFL Draft History: Full Draft Year

just look back at the years.......and look how the push for QBSa has bumped guys up

with the exception of dak in 2016 there hasnt been a good qb taken outside of round 1 since 2014 with jimmy g and carr in round 2, early round 2.

you really have to go back to 2012! to find some guys in middle rounds, and rounds 2-3.........

All qb's are being drafted higher and higher. If you like a guy , and you think hes the best for your team. You have to go get em, even if that means moving up one draft spot.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly between Trubisky, Mahomes and Watson. It's not even close. It's Mahomes all day long. I kept waiting for this kid to come back down to earth but he doesn't. He really is that good. I think Mahomes is the real deal. And I agree, I take Trubisky over Watson.
to play devils advocate. would mahomes be mahomes in chicago? would trubisky be mahomes in KC? who knows........different coaches, different schemes, different grooming and support. mahomes is being a world beater. but he was certainly grading out the lowest of the big three in his draft class.......is it andy reid? is it the system? i think in nagy's system he would dominate as well.....however i think nagy can make a well below avergage qb average.......shit i think nagy is a genius qb whisperer. Think he could turn bortles into a serviceable qb.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to play devils advocate. would mahomes be mahomes in chicago? would trubisky be mahomes in KC? who knows........different coaches, different schemes, different grooming and support. mahomes is being a world beater. but he was certainly grading out the lowest of the big three in his draft class.......is it andy reid? is it the system? i think in nagy's system he would dominate as well.....however i think nagy can make a well below avergage qb average.......shit i think nagy is a genius qb whisperer. Think he could turn bortles into a serviceable qb.

Well said. A young qbs success or failure is greatly influenced by everything around him ... look at Goff ... was a bust under Fisher ... now looks great under mcvay and with More weapons

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said. A young qbs success or failure is greatly influenced by everything around him ... look at Goff ... was a bust under Fisher ... now looks great under mcvay and with More weapons
i think some qb's will succeed anywhere.
rodgers. ben, rivers, brees, brady, luck, ryan, just naming some but they're the minority i think

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think some qb's will succeed anywhere.
rodgers. ben, rivers, brees, brady, luck, ryan, just naming some but they're the minority i think

Yep, the great ones will succeed anywhere

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with BS on the rankings - in fact, at this point in time, I'd even have Watson ahead of Trubisky, altho I like Mitch's ceiling a lot more. But Mahomes is the real deal. He is without question the best QB this year in a fluid pocket or even more so, when flushed out of it have having to throw on the run. Easily as good as Rodgers was at his mobile peak.

But you bring up a valid point. What if Mahomes was on the Bears, with his first season stuck in that gawdawful offense from last year, then introduced to a whole new offense this year? Honestly, I'd still think he'd be farther along, but I also think he wouldn't be displaying these incredible numbers. That's why in fairness to the three QBs, let's see how this all plays out three, four years down the road.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would certainly stick with Trubisky over Watson. Mahomes? Right now he looks like a future HOF'er - but so did Wentz last season. The sophomore and 3rd year campaigns are more telling. As they will be for Trubisky.

I think Watson is doing fine myself...….O-line is what he needs,itsjust god awful....

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Watson is doing fine myself...….O-line is what he needs,itsjust god awful....

His line has provided him the second most time to throw in all of the NFL at 3.08 seconds (TT). The man holds the ball longer than any other QB.

If you notice... it is commonly talked about with many running/scrambling QB's that "their line is so bad!". Wilson, Rodgers, Watson... these guys have constantly had this talk surround them. They're not always getting hit because their line is bad. They're always getting hit because they try to extend a bunch of plays, as they trust their feet.

Watson's line being bad is an illusion created by the amount of times he's hit behind the LOS. The film and unbiased numbers say Watson's line has been elite in pass protection.

Passing Stats | NFL Next Gen Stats

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with BS on the rankings - in fact, at this point in time, I'd even have Watson ahead of Trubisky, altho I like Mitch's ceiling a lot more. But Mahomes is the real deal. He is without question the best QB this year in a fluid pocket or even more so, when flushed out of it have having to throw on the run. Easily as good as Rodgers was at his mobile peak.

But you bring up a valid point. What if Mahomes was on the Bears, with his first season stuck in that gawdawful offense from last year, then introduced to a whole new offense this year? Honestly, I'd still think he'd be farther along, but I also think he wouldn't be displaying these incredible numbers. That's why in fairness to the three QBs, let's see how this all plays out three, four years down the road.

Regardless, what's funny? That QB class was regarded as very poor one.

The first round QB's are a combined 25-8... all in 1st place. With 20+ TD's 100+ QB Ratings and all near (or at) the top of the league in rushing by QB's.