• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2) Toronto Raptors (56-26) vs. 3) Miami Heat (48-34)

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These teams are close. Raptors finished with a much better record (better than the Thunder)... but the post-all-star-break numbers are much closer:

Post-All-Star Break:
  • Toronto: 21-9, #5 offense, #12 defense
  • Miami: 19-10, #6 offense, #8 defense
Both teams didn't have the greatest of 1st rounds... but I think they were playing underrated teams. Pacers were #5 defense after all-star break and have Paul George. Hornets were #6 defense, #7 offense after all-star break.

Heat have championship pedigree, but the majority of that comes only from Wade and Spo... and that really showed at the end of Game 6. Raptors have 1st/2nd-round-loss pedigree... but they've never had a team win even 50 games, let alone 56... and its hard to imagine DeRozan/Lowry not progressing to the mean.

In the end, I think HCA is the difference in the series. Raptors in 7.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These teams are close. Raptors finished with a much better record (better than the Thunder)... but the post-all-star-break numbers are much closer:

Post-All-Star Break:
Both teams didn't have the greatest of 1st rounds... but I think they were playing underrated teams. Pacers were #5 defense after all-star break and have Paul George. Hornets were #6 defense, #7 offense after all-star break.

Heat have championship pedigree, but the majority of that comes only from Wade and Spo... and that really showed at the end of Game 6. Raptors have 1st/2nd-round-loss pedigree... but they've never had a team win even 50 games, let alone 56... and its hard to imagine DeRozan/Lowry not progressing to the mean.

Hornets had the best record in the East after the AS break.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hornets had the best record in the East after the AS break.

Yep the Heat and Hornets were trending up, while the Raptors & Celtics were trending down. Hawks stayed kind of even, I think.

That's why I was happy to see CHA/MIA end up on the other side of the bracket.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough one. Toronto barely got out of the 1st round against a team that it really should have taken them no more than 5 games to beat and darn near coughed up a hairball in the 4th quarter last night. Lowry and DeRozan have shown they are not yet the type of players that can lead a team in the playoffs and might never be. They won their elimination game while scoring the fewest 4th quarter points (11) of any game 7 winner since the 50's.

On the other hand, Miami has struggled on the road and took 7 games to beat a team that should have taken no more than 5 or 6 games. The Heat go in with more confidence having won their elimination game by 33.

Miami wins their 3 home games and goes 1-2 in Toronto. At least 1 of Miami's wins will be the result of a 4th quarter collapse by the Raptors.

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toronto had a mental block about playing in the playoffs. Now that they have actually won a series, they might actually play a little less tight (better).

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Post-All-Star Break:

These Dudes are begging to get sent home.

Talk about being scared of the moment.

But, Jurassic World in 6.

#Wig-wam'd

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to pick the Heat, but I'm getting this feeling that the Raptors are going to win this series. I think finally getting past the first round is going to take the pressure they felt off of them. I'll take Raptors in seven.