• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2 there, 2 here with the Rangers and Rockies 8/8-8/11

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope you guys are seeing Fielder's announcement.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be nice if they gave Blackmon a day off the next 2 days. He seems to make sure the Rangers are playing from behind early.
He killed us in last year's meet too. If you walk him he gets to second base with a steal or fielders choice to first. Dude just needs to get plunked if we are going to give him a base.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stubbs return may push DeShields back down or am I missing something? Stubbs CF backup and LF in place of DDJ.

Rua had his moment and fell off the cliff
I am not sure I would say Ryan Rua fell off of a cliff. He hit .313 in the second half of July and then went 0 for 5 in August. I would take him over DeShields or Stubbs.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blackmon's home/road splits are quite extreme. He hits above .300 at home and around .250 on the road, so there's hope that his bat cools over the next two days.

Or @donaldson79 can meet him in the parking lot with some duct tape. He's going to the game tonight.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope you guys are seeing Fielder's announcement.
It's tough to watch. You're still a young man, Prince. Your whole life is ahead of you!

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just about to say remove DDJ and add Mazara (slump and all) and I'm really good with that lineup.
Mazara is actually batting over .300 the past couple of weeks.

Edit: since July 29th Mazara is batting .345

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't sure what was going on with that last question... according to Reddit, the question was along the lines of "do you have some understanding of what Lou Gehrig was going through?"

What the fuck is wrong with the DFW sports media?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kept hoping he would say "I retire and revoke all rights to my contract."

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't sure what was going on with that last question... according to Reddit, the question was along the lines of "do you have some understanding of what Lou Gehrig was going through?"

Yeah... that's what it sounded like. What an asshat of a question to ask. Prince's "what?" answer was perfect.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds like something one of our ignorant sports radio guys who think everything is a joke would ask.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure I would say Ryan Rua fell off of a cliff. He hit .313 in the second half of July and then went 0 for 5 in August. I would take him over DeShields or Stubbs.
Stubbs or DDJ is a CF backup. Thats why they stay over Rua since he never did hit well against RHP and has gotten a little worse against LHP. Both Stubbs and DDj play two OF positions although I don't care for either. Rua will probably be back and replace one of the two.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kept hoping he would say "I retire and revoke all rights to my contract."
Not with Scott Boras behind him. He'd stop that press conference then and there.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, it's a bit disturbing that you took that much time to dig through that many OLD threads to find those quotes in some sort of attempt to prove me wrong. Either you specifically remembered that I said those things MONTHS AGO, which is weird in itself, or you tasked yourself with combing through a lot of old threads so that you could in fact find quotes to contradict me, which is even more weird.

Secondly, and MORE IMPORTANTLY, I never said that I had never said anything bad about Claudio. Never. Reading comprehension is your friend. Look at what Don said to me. Then look at what I said to him. He thought I was the one bagging on Claudio in the post previous to that one. That was not me. He definitely had me confused with someone else. Those quotes you pulled were all from the beginning of the season when Claudio was, in fact, quite bad. I did bad-mouth him then, as did many others here. But I haven't said anything bad about him in months.

So I'm not really sure what your goal was here, whether you were trying to be humorous or just proving me wrong. But either way, it's very weird that you're holding quotes from months ago against me, quotes which at the time were an accurate description of how he was pitching. All you've succeeded in doing is proving that, at least as of right now, I was wrong about a player's potential. So... good job?

1) I remembered you specifically saying negative things about Claudio

2) The search function on here is pretty easy to u, I typed in "Claudio" and then you can search by user and your name actually popped up after I just typed in "will", so like I said to Phantom, it was pretty easy, so it was mostly a learning exercise for me, wasn't aware that we could do that and I just rolled with it

3) Those quotes were not from the beginning of the season, they were from June, all of them

4) I DID miss the "post or so back" part, my bad

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not with Scott Boras behind him. He'd stop that press conference then and there.
That's honestly the only reason I think he was there. To make sure Prince didn't use that word and to jump in and clarify if he accidentally did.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I know. We're totally good. I knew you were only asking about a particular post from the other day and that I wasn't the one who made it. I'm not sure why the detective decided to dig up every negative post I made about Claudio from April and May when it had nothing to do with what you were asking. But whatever, I guess.

Once again those were from June, but its whatever, I was just trying out the search function mosty, made it pretty easy