• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2 there, 2 here with the Rangers and Rockies 8/8-8/11

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mendez goes 5 innings tonight giving up 4 baserunners and striking out 6 while not allowing any runs. But the question is, will he even be a part of the organization when the Lucroy trade is finalized?

Surely the Rangers must have some say in who the PTBNL is.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, no. Not sure what post you're referring to, but I think you have me confused with someone else.
Tolleson, Wilhelmsen, and Claudio are all trash. They're each capable of having a scoreless inning or two here and there (like we saw with Willie tonight), but they're just plain awful in most appearances.

And what's sad is that we've got no one to replace them.

DFA Claudio right now. Bring up any pitcher from Round Rock or even Frisco and he'll be better than that bag of dog shit Claudio.

I still have hope that he turns it around and becomes an integral part of the bullpen again at some point. He's the only one of the "awful" early season relievers who I think still has the stuff to be at least an effective reliever. Wilhelmsen, Claudio, etc. can all go fly into the sun.

I feel like this team is so close to being 100% complete and garbage-free. But lately we've been seeing the garbage being used too much- Fielder, Ramos, Claudio, and Barnette all need to be gone. Replace Fielder with Rua/Profar, Ramos with Holland, Claudio with Kela, and Barnette with a reliever acquired via trade.

Rotation: Darvish-Hamels-Lewis-Perez-Griffin
Bullpen: Dyson-Diekman-Bush-Kela-new RP-Tolleson-Holland

Limit Holland and Tolley's exposure and that's about as legit as it gets.

Ummmmm

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mendez goes 5 innings tonight giving up 4 baserunners and striking out 6 while not allowing any runs. But the question is, will he even be a part of the organization when the Lucroy trade is finalized?

I hope he's not in the pool.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notice Banny keeping Tony fresh. Guess he expects to use him next two days with Perez or Harrell.

Which Perez will we see? The 1ER Perez or the 4+ER Perez?

Well Claudio likely isn't available after yesterday and today, so Tony will have to be used and we know he will be, with Perez and Harrell going. Don't get me wrong I don't dislike Claudio in certain spots. Hell Im probably the only guy around with an autographed game worn Alex Claudio Frisco RoughRiders jersey. I just think with a runner on 3rd there I would like to see a K and Alex is a bit soft tossing for many K's

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Round Rock goes down to their last out with the opposing pitcher pitching a perfect game. Doug Bernier hits a triple to prevent the perfect game.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Round Rock goes down to their last out with the opposing pitcher pitching a perfect game. Doug Bernier hits a triple to prevent the perfect game.

And I believe it was Gallo who struck out looking to end the game.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my guess at why Claudio is so disliked is his inherited runner scored pct% this season. League average is 31% and Claudio has allowed the runner to score 44% of the time. That doesn't show up on his ERA. I know he's been brought into some impossibly fucked situations so it's not exactly his fault, but that's why his reputation proceeds him this year.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me the inherited runner scored statistic is not a good way to judge relievers. It just doesn't tell enough of the story. It counts the same if you allow a runner from third to score when you come in with no outs as it does when you allow a runner from first to score when you come in with two outs.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me the inherited runner scored statistic is not a good way to judge relievers. It just doesn't tell enough of the story. It counts the same if you allow a runner from third to score when you come in with no outs as it does when you allow a runner from first to score when you come in with two outs.

It's one piece of the puzzle. Some guys seem to thrive on putting out fires and others do better with a fresh inning to start. I didn't say it was fair, but I think that has a lot to do with why people don't trust Claudio. That and his homer rate from last year. He would come in and give up a three run bomb and only one run counted against his line.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ has not had a quality start in his last 10 outings.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ has not had a quality start in his last 10 outings.

With how he and Perez have pitched the last month and the fact we don't really know what to expect from Holland and how he and Colby will hold up down the stretch, I sure wish we had landed a MORP at the deadline

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, it's a bit disturbing that you took that much time to dig through that many OLD threads to find those quotes in some sort of attempt to prove me wrong. Either you specifically remembered that I said those things MONTHS AGO, which is weird in itself, or you tasked yourself with combing through a lot of old threads so that you could in fact find quotes to contradict me, which is even more weird.

Secondly, and MORE IMPORTANTLY, I never said that I had never said anything bad about Claudio. Never. Reading comprehension is your friend. Look at what Don said to me. Then look at what I said to him. He thought I was the one bagging on Claudio in the post previous to that one. That was not me. He definitely had me confused with someone else. Those quotes you pulled were all from the beginning of the season when Claudio was, in fact, quite bad. I did bad-mouth him then, as did many others here. But I haven't said anything bad about him in months.

So I'm not really sure what your goal was here, whether you were trying to be humorous or just proving me wrong. But either way, it's very weird that you're holding quotes from months ago against me, quotes which at the time were an accurate description of how he was pitching. All you've succeeded in doing is proving that, at least as of right now, I was wrong about a player's potential. So... good job?

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my guess at why Claudio is so disliked is his inherited runner scored pct% this season. League average is 31% and Claudio has allowed the runner to score 44% of the time. That doesn't show up on his ERA. I know he's been brought into some impossibly fucked situations so it's not exactly his fault, but that's why his reputation proceeds him this year.

You nailed it. Note to Banister...Don't send in Claudio with runners past 1B.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game could have been much more fun with working server but hells bells it was pretty darn good anyway:yes:
Had problems too. Had a message going to new server, your DNS has to be updated to new server before you can get on site.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at what Don said to me. Then look at what I said to him. He thought I was the one bagging on Claudio in the post previous to that one. That was not me. He definitely had me confused with someone else.

FWIW I took ya at your word. I asked, you answered, we moved on.