• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(2) San Jose Sharks vs (3) Detroit Redwings - Series Thread

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all good, most people don't like us anyway. :D

Either way, you'll probably hate Justin Abdelkador a lot more than you could ever hate us.

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't underestimate my capacity to hate.

"I hate you. I hate you. I don't even know you, and I hate your guts. I hope all the bad things in life happen to you and nobody else but you. "

Also, don't forget to visit the Sharks board! They're bigger haters than I can ever aspire to be.

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The young D-pairings of Vlasic & Demers is probably one of the best in these playoffs. I'm impressed how well these two have played together since Huskins went down. These two will be key in the Detroit series. I can't wait!!!

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't make an unbiased prediction on this series if I had a gun to my head, but I think Howard is going to outplay Niemimakki, and the Zetterberg/Datsyuk tandem is going to neutralize Thornton/Marleau. I'm really worried about Pavelski, but if Helm, Filppula, Abdelkador, Bertuzzi, and Cleary keep stepping up like they have the depth will win out. Also Franzen is a bit of an x-factor. He's been streaky lately, but if he wakes up he can dominate.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on Logan Couture, Eddie?

He's a beast, I think he should win the Calder but everyone knows Skinner is going to take it home. I don't buy the age argument. The best rookie is the best rookie, period. It's not Couture's fault he had time to season and develop into a complete player. What's disturbing to me, as a fan of the opposing team, is that he's not a one dimensional guy like most talented rookies. He's putting up goals, clutch goals, but he's also a great two way player. If the Sharks still can't make the Finals this year, they need to trade Thornton and Marleau (Heatley's contract makes him unmoveable) and build around Couture and Pavelski. Couture is going to be very good for a long time.

My theory (or hope) is that he's going to be a little shell shocked going up against a healthy, well oiled and finely tuned Red Wings Playoff Machine ( fully armed and operational battle station! ) and his offensive production won't be there. He looked pretty damn good against the Kings, but the Red Wings have been known to send some young teams and players's heads spinning.

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't make an unbiased prediction on this series if I had a gun to my head, but I think Howard is going to outplay Niemimakki, and the Zetterberg/Datsyuk tandem is going to neutralize Thornton/Marleau. I'm really worried about Pavelski, but if Helm, Filppula, Abdelkador, Bertuzzi, and Cleary keep stepping up like they have the depth will win out. Also Franzen is a bit of an x-factor. He's been streaky lately, but if he wakes up he can dominate.

outside of the obvious guys, i think these two are gonna be the most important in this series for the wings since they're the two most consistently physical wings players and bring constant energy.

i also cannot be biased about this series.

one good thing about being a wings fan is that you can be a complete homer and pick them to win every series, but still be right about 80% of the time:)

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wpid-Detroit-Red-Wings-vs-San-Jose-Sharks.jpg

SERIES SCHEDULE:

Game 1 Fri., Apr. 29 10 p.m. at HP Pavilion on Versus/TSN/FSD
Game 2 Sun., May 1 3 p.m. at HP Pavilion on NBC/TSN
Game 3 Wed., May 4 8 p.m. at Joe Louis Arena on Versus/TSN/FSD
Game 4 Fri., May 6 7 p.m. at Joe Louis Arena on Versus/TSN only (no FSD)
Game 5* Sun., May 8 8 p.m. at HP Pavilion on Versus/TSN only (no FSD)
Game 6* Tue., May 10 TBD at Joe Louis Arena on Versus/TSN/FSD
Game 7* Thu., May 12 TBD at HP Pavilion on Versus/TSN/FSD

* If Necessary

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<24 hours.

starting to get ramped up again.

been way too fuckin long man.

if i was gross i would say i feel like that dog from van wilder before the eclaire incident...

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might miss the game. Will definitely try to catch the last period or two, but that's not a certainty.

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might miss the game. Will definitely try to catch the last period or two, but that's not a certainty.

this is literally one of my worst fuckin nightmares. i live a priveleged enough life, knock on wood, that i can be kind of honest saying that. also, there's not much that makes me anxious in life, as i have somehow managed to cultivate a pretty even keel.

but i will seriously fuckin start worrying on monday whether something will come up and interfere with me watchiing a game next monday. this is even fuckin stupider knowing that i have dvr.

that is some seriously fucked up shit.

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sharks key to Howard is getting traffic in front of him and pounce on those 2nd and 3rd chances. He covers down low pretty damn good, reminds me of a lot of Quick. Sharks are probably glad to have battled there way past Quick, this should have helped them out .Detroit is really tough in front of the net, so I don't expect that much chances as the Sharks had against Quick. I really think Howard is the best goalie in the western conference in these playoffs.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sharks key to Howard is getting traffic in front of him and pounce on those 2nd and 3rd chances. He covers down low pretty damn good, reminds me of a lot of Quick. Sharks are probably glad to have battled there way past Quick, this should have helped them out .Detroit is really tough in front of the net, so I don't expect that much chances as the Sharks had against Quick. I really think Howard is the best goalie in the western conference in these playoffs.

That doesn't say much about the state of the WC goalies this year.

I expect the Sharks to do what they did last year. Shoot low blocker on Howard, just above the pad. Get a few goals, get him off his game and he won't be able to recover before the Sharks take the series.

JMO

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think Howard is the best goalie in the western conference in these playoffs.

I think I would go with Pekka Rinne, but it's just my opinion. That game last night had no business being a 1-0 game, I hope the Preds bought Rinne's dinner last night.

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I might have to go out for a nice pregame meal to a seafood place in Florida and order some shark to devour.