• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(2) San Jose Sharks vs (3) Detroit Redwings - Series Thread

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heard a great Mike Babcock story yesterday stemming back from when he coached the Spokane Chiefs and after one game he was asked why he had benched his then defenceman Brad Ference

Babcock: "there are stomach ailment issues"
reporter: "you mean he has the flu"
Babcock: "no, everytime he's on the ice I get sick to my stomach"

:pound: That's awesome!

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cocky? No. This is still San Jose's series to lose. All the Sharks have to do is play like they have been playing and they will win one of these last two.

Are we relieved at catching a second wind? Yes. :dance:

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This coming from the lass who said the Sharks would win game 5...

:wave:

8acd71cf-ec16-42aa-b035-5161dd761a13.jpg

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am purely speculating, but it sounds like a mild concussion to me. Impossible to say though.

i know they are denying that it came from the kronwall hit, but i think it did. even though he didn't get hit in the head, you can still get a concussion

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She also said she was going to make me a sandwich but she never did.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know they are denying that it came from the kronwall hit, but i think it did. even though he didn't get hit in the head, you can still get a concussion

The Kronwall hit was a beauty but from all the replays I've seen, it wasn't that hard. It looked way weaker than the one on Heatley...

I know that you can't compare and say for sure unless it's you taking the hit but just sayin'... from watching the hit a few times, it doesn't look that bad... plus, 1) Clowe got right up and didn't look hurt/dazed at all and 2) he's a tough guy and can take a few big hits...

Oh and 3) I think someone elsewhere had a quote from McLellan slipping and saying in an interview that he got slashed (as the real reason for being out tonight)...

So to me, for the reasons above, I don't personally think it was the Kronwall hit but rather something else.

Oh and there's this from teh Sharks blog:

*****McLellan, as I noted earlier, said Clowe’s upper body injury did not result from being flattened by Detroit’s Niklas Kronwall late in the second period of Game 5.

And after McLellan pointed out that Clowe was on the ice at the end of the game, I kind of felt compelled to find out if maybe something happened after Sunday’s game — a car accident, perhaps –rather than during it.

I somewhat clumsily tried to address that in a question form:

“Like on the way home?” McLellan responded. “Unless his wife slashed him at home and I didn’t know about it, it happened in the game.

Which prompted a follow-up question from the irrepressible Ray Ratto:

“Is that a problem for him?”

To which McLellan replied: “I don’t live there.”
(added emphasis mine)

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heard a great Mike Babcock story yesterday stemming back from when he coached the Spokane Chiefs and after one game he was asked why he had benched his then defenceman Brad Ference

Babcock: "there are stomach ailment issues"
reporter: "you mean he has the flu"
Babcock: "no, everytime he's on the ice I get sick to my stomach"

Babcock wasn't the only one! :p

li0lsh

Hoopla Cash
$ 737.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FAFKJLADFDJKLKFLDJSKJFDSKJFSDFAFKJLADFDJKLKFLDJSKJFDSKJFSDFAFKJLADFDJKLKFLDJSKJFDSKJFSDFAFKJLADFDJKLKFLDJSKJFDSKJFSD

GOALLLLLL GOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLL

li0lsh

Hoopla Cash
$ 737.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLLGOALLLLLL