• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2) San Antonio Spurs (67-15) vs 3) OKC Thunder (55-27)

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doesn't make 'em any less annoying...
Yeah I guess, but it really doesn't bother me. I remember watching quite a few Laker games years ago and even Magic complained a lot.

Reactions: LAD

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I guess, but it really doesn't bother me. I remember watching quite a few Laker games years ago and even Magic complained a lot.
To your point it's tolerable because he backs it up with his FANTASTIC play on the court.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude cmon now.....

he took 2 meetings with LA- and supposedly was privately HOPING the Lakers would stop tripping over their dicks and convince him to come from what I have read.....

I do not doubt what you are saying is true- and it played a huge role....but its not like places outside of Texas were not options--- LA and PHX included.

I don't know if you are a parent. If not, you probably don't fully understand.
And if you are a parent, then deep down you know.

There was never any doubt for me where Aldridge was heading.
Once you have a kid, it is almost impossible for normal parents to live 1000 miles away for no reason.
He looked at the Lakers and Suns, but they were never going to happen.

He wanted to be home with his son in San Antonio.
It was just a bonus that the SPURS were a great organization as well.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if you are a parent. If not, you probably don't fully understand.
And if you are a parent, then deep down you know.

There was never any doubt for me where Aldridge was heading.
Once you have a kid, it is almost impossible for normal parents to live 1000 miles away for no reason.
He looked at the Lakers and Suns, but they were never going to happen.

He wanted to be home with his son in San Antonio.
It was just a bonus that the SPURS were a great organization as well.
Isn't it plausible that maybe he was looking at other organizations where his son & the mother would be open to moving to? He did have a limited amount of teams he was considering.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this is necessarily going to be a common occurrence in this series. I think game 2 will be a whole different story. These players have some professional pride.

Give this man a prize!!!!! 10k SportsHoopla cash!!!!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors are going to be in big trouble if the Thunder can keep this big lineup on the floor. The Warriors have a chance if they can make shots and run the Thunder with their small lineup; similar to what they did when the Cavs were dominating them through three games last year with that huge lineup of theirs. Lastly, the Warriors will have to shoot lights out because they are going to get only one shot each time down while the Thunder will get two or three.
My initiial thought is Thunder in Six

So is this your plan through the whole postseason. Reverse pyschology so the Warriors win. Cmon

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is this your plan through the whole postseason. Reverse pyschology so the Warriors win. Cmon

No he's an anti-fan. He posts like Debbie Downer nonstop so he can either be happy they win or pretend he's so smart that he predicted they lose. Miserable poster, which is why we banned him from the Giants board.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Battle for KD 2016-17 - GSW vs OKC

Everyone is getting way too silly about this. Durant is going to sign a 1 and 1 with OKC (like LeBron does) next year so he can a) cash in when the TV deal $ arrives a year later and b) leave at the same time as Westbrook.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is getting way too silly about this. Durant is going to sign a 1 and 1 with OKC (like LeBron does) next year so he can a) cash in when the TV deal $ arrives a year later and b) leave at the same time as Westbrook.

Meh..they can retro that $$ for him on a new deal somewhere else....and besides, he and RW aren't joined at the hip.

Everything is negotiable...and anything is possible.

aar000n

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol wrong thread
Series so bad the NBA admitted to screwing the spurs out of two wins. In the end you want the players to decide the game and they failed.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol wrong thread
Series so bad the NBA admitted to screwing the spurs out of two wins. In the end you want the players to decide the game and they failed.

Not to get all tin foil hat but I think ratings wise OKC Ws is better than Spurs Ws, with KD and RW to sell vs the 'plain old Spurs'

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why is everyone assuming that KD and RW are leaving OKC ? If they somehow make it to the Finals.....and quite possible win the whole enchilada.....what is to stop OKC from getting a third "superstar" to join them in OKC ?

Even if they both leave OKC, there is no certainty that they are going to the same team.

A few of my sources are telling me that RW wants to be the top dog on any team that he might join in the near future.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC vs GS this year.

@ GS Warriors 116 OKC 108

@ OKC Warriors 121 OKC 118 Overtime

@ GS Warriors 121 OKC 106

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This has always been the way I felt it would go down unless OKC was eliminated early this season, which wasn't the case.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SMH. Having one good game isn't going to win a playoff series. Playing a more athletic team really exposed his inability to keep up. There's a reason they were riding
LA & Leonard all post season. TD had his run, has been a great player but father time has definitely reared it's ugly head. He needs to hang them up and I hope he does so this summer.

I'm not sure how much Tim would have played vs. GSW if they had advanced. He'd struggle on switches on Curry on the perimeter. That is why Pop didn't start him in earlier game vs. GSW (Diaw started) and he only played 7 minutes. (and he was healthy) Playing OKC -- he could also matchup pretty well with their bigs.

Reactions: LAD

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors are going to be in big trouble if the Thunder can keep this big lineup on the floor. The Warriors have a chance if they can make shots and run the Thunder with their small lineup; similar to what they did when the Cavs were dominating them through three games last year with that huge lineup of theirs. Lastly, the Warriors will have to shoot lights out because they are going to get only one shot each time down while the Thunder will get two or three.
My initiial thought is Thunder in Six

I'm not sure OKC can play Kanter & Adams at the same time a lot like they did vs. Spurs. Ws would make them switch a lot on the perimeter and I think Kanter trying to guard Curry/Klay would be a nightmare. I actually could see Durant playing more at the 4 than he has been doing. Kanter/Adams matched up just fine with Spurs' 2 bigs.

On the other hand, OKC could work them over on the boards with their big lineup. I'd still guess Ws have the advantage vs. OKC's big lineup.