• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2) San Antonio Spurs (67-15) vs 3) OKC Thunder (55-27)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ibaka has been generally disappointing the last couple of years. For example, he is averaging 3.5 rebounds / game vs. Spurs. (He is averaging well over 30 minutes / game.) He doesn't seem to be showing the effort. The Kanter/Adams front line has often been better than having Serge in there.
its a good point.

Ibaka was really a rising star there for a little while but he really has regressed it seems the last couple years- though- i gotta say- i dont watch that team nearly enough to know the whole story- as a guy like TT on the Cavs is worth FAR MORE than a shiny box score and it seems Ibaka is a similar type guy....

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ibaka has been generally disappointing the last couple of years. For example, he is averaging 3.5 rebounds / game vs. Spurs. (He is averaging well over 30 minutes / game.) He doesn't seem to be showing the effort. The Kanter/Adams front line has often been better than having Serge in there.
It would appear as though Ibaka has struggled since Harden & Sefolosha have left. With them on the team he was able to focus more on blocking shots and rebounding instead of being a 3rd scoring option like he is now. Have to say there aren't many guys that can do both efficiently every game for 4 quarters.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ibaka's ceiling was much lower than most had pegged a few years back. Ibaka is good for the Thunder but he is replaceable. Being able to have Ibaka, certainly Adams and Kanter is what makes this Thunder team so tough, though.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad he's apparently clueless and can't contribute anything of value.

Disagree.

He's one of my favorite posters.

What are you guys debating?

I'm to lazy to go back and read.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. If anything they should look to move Ibaka for a wing who can shoot.

Should be easy to move him.

His production has gone down.

But, he's only 26 and in the last year of a deal that pays him 12 mil.

Krispy Treat

3-6 Latvia
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs tanked, and then lied to anyone who would listen that the Admiral was going to retire and that they'd have to leave SA so the NBA would give them Duncan.

And i just hate the NBA for shamelessly ignoring the rules of REAL basketball.

2 full steps IS a travel.

99% of NBA guards carry on almost every possession.

The eurostep is a travel 100% of the time (otherwise you're doing it wrong).

Instead, they changed the rules to legalize most of these.

And then they made up rules to stop Shaq because he was too dominant and then didn't get on the officials to call the game properly for him. They are selective about who they enforce the rules for. Which is BS.

It's why it's closer to the harlem globetrotters than a real sporting event.

I agree with this, but keep in mind the NBA does have to market towards the players. It's how they make a profit. And it's going to continue. For example, that's why they took out the handchecking rules. I think that was around 2003 or 2004 ( correct me if I'm wrong ). Quicker, smaller, more agile guys are more marketable in this era. Hence why you see A LOT of this small ball grown. It's easier nowadays to market guys like Rose, KD, Wade, Ginobili, etc because their game is much more entertaining to watch than taller, stronger, more muscular players. It's fun for most people to watch guys like them because you can see yourself doing the things they're doing. Watching a giant monster of a human-being like Shaq bulldozing everyone; continuously dunking the ball with force every possession might not be relatable nor fun towards most up-and-comers.

Viewers have to adapt of how they watch the game too. It's hard because of last night, I know, but what can ya do. Just gotta enjoy it for what it is now.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would appear as though Ibaka has struggled since Harden & Sefolosha have left. With them on the team he was able to focus more on blocking shots and rebounding instead of being a 3rd scoring option like he is now. Have to say there aren't many guys that can do both efficiently every game for 4 quarters.

I don't think shooting should distract him so much from rebounding.

No PF is shooting more 3s than Kevin Love -- who is average 12.5 rpg in playoffs.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ibaka's biggest problem was honestly his development of a 3 point shot. It's weird to say that being better in one aspect hurts a player, but in his case it did.

When Ibaka was able to hit the outside shot, it pulled him away from the hoop for any chance of offensive rebounding. Offensively, it made him another wing player, with two other wing players who dominate the ball. He was best served for the Thunder to be a guy to crash the offensive boards and play the pick and roll to hit a mid-range. You could often see him instead floating towards the corners, but that may have also been game planning/coaching as well.

Ibaka hasn't regressed, imo. He's just not gotten any better. A lot of that has to do with not utilizing his biggest strength which was his athleticism.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think shooting should distract him so much from rebounding.

No PF is shooting more 3s than Kevin Love -- who is average 12.5 rpg in playoffs.
I agree Kevin shoots the most, but does he play good defense? No, not at all.

My point is asking a guy to work equally hard on both ends- when their role has typically been mastering one facet of their game-is not always an easy adjustment which will result in a some part of their game suffering.

Another thing you have to factor in is rebounding is mostly being in the right position to get to the loose ball. If he's concentrating on making shots he's not always able to be in position to rebound. If he's moving without the ball on offense looking for his own shot he's not boxing out looking for a rebound if someone else shoots. When Harden & Sefolosha were in the game they were producing the points they're now asking Ibaka to produce. Much different scenario now than before.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the NBA issued a report today confirming that the referees did in fact make those two critical errors.

The foul that gave Durant was wrong. It should have been an offensive foul and Spurs ball.
That was the biggest horrible call in the ending sequence.

The no-foul and apparent lack of game stoppage on Westbrook was wrong as well.
This one ended the game, but I guess the SPURS should have just kept playing regardless.

Thanks for apologizing yet again after the game is over.

In some ways, it is just better to not even bother apologizing instead of making things worse by saying "our bad".

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ibaka's biggest problem was honestly his development of a 3 point shot. It's weird to say that being better in one aspect hurts a player, but in his case it did.

When Ibaka was able to hit the outside shot, it pulled him away from the hoop for any chance of offensive rebounding. Offensively, it made him another wing player, with two other wing players who dominate the ball. He was best served for the Thunder to be a guy to crash the offensive boards and play the pick and roll to hit a mid-range. You could often see him instead floating towards the corners, but that may have also been game planning/coaching as well.

Ibaka hasn't regressed, imo. He's just not gotten any better. A lot of that has to do with not utilizing his biggest strength which was his athleticism.

So why has his defensive rebounds per game gone down the last 2 years? (and down even farther in this year's playoffs)

I think it is effort.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The irony...

I can do this all day.

All you're doing is proving my point and padding my post count.

everything I said was true. You just simply acted like a jackass.

Man up and deal with it.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can do this all day.

All you're doing is proving my point and padding my post count.

everything I said was true. You just simply acted like a jackass.

Man up and deal with it.

Let's see. Poster who bitches about how the NBA is rigged and doesn't like watching basketball - yet posts on an NBA forum.

Someone who screams conspiracy claims and then acts like a (unt when someone like myself doesn't give him the time of day.

Bragging about bringing up your post count. That's as useless as soft mother fuckers that brag about how many people follow them on twitter. I couldn't give a fuck if you post here on the reg. or you come ever so often. If you bring quality, you bring quality. Which is something you fail to do.

I didn't act like a jackass, I just responded with 'ok'. Your bitch ass is the one who got shook to get your crusty ass panties soiled.

Now walk your baby nuts on out of here with that soft shit.

*drops mic*

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see. Poster who bitches about how the NBA is rigged and doesn't like watching basketball - yet posts on an NBA forum.

Someone who screams conspiracy claims and then acts like a (unt when someone like myself doesn't give him the time of day.

Bragging about bringing up your post count. That's as useless as soft mother fuckers that brag about how many people follow them on twitter. I couldn't give a fuck if you post here on the reg. or you come ever so often. If you bring quality, you bring quality. Which is something you fail to do.

I didn't act like a jackass, I just responded with 'ok'. Your bitch ass is the one who got shook to get your crusty ass panties soiled.

Now walk your baby nuts on out of here with that soft shit.

*drops mic*

Weak sauce. Mostly fiction shit.

You acted like a douche. You don't wanna comment. Fine. but you are the one who started it and acted like a ****. No wussy move like you did up top.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weak sauce. Mostly fiction shit.

You acted like a douche. You don't wanna comment. Fine. but you are the one who started it and acted like a ****. No wussy move like you did up top.

Shook.