• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2) San Antonio Spurs (67-15) vs 3) OKC Thunder (55-27)

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs tanked, and then lied to anyone who would listen that the Admiral was going to retire and that they'd have to leave SA so the NBA would give them Duncan.

And i just hate the NBA for shamelessly ignoring the rules of REAL basketball.

2 full steps IS a travel.

99% of NBA guards carry on almost every possession.

The eurostep is a travel 100% of the time (otherwise you're doing it wrong).

Instead, they changed the rules to legalize most of these.

And then they made up rules to stop Shaq because he was too dominant and then didn't get on the officials to call the game properly for him. They are selective about who they enforce the rules for. Which is BS.

It's why it's closer to the harlem globetrotters than a real sporting event.

Ok.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow....one more game and the San Antonio Spurs go home...OKC will get 2 shots at it....lets hope they pull it off!

just goes to show you- no one knows shit----- every simpleton and their mother said Spurs/GSW is the real championship in the WCF

well we MIGHT not even get that- and its clear that even if the Spurs come back and win- that the Spurs are far from an unbeatable juggernaut that some have held them out as and the Clash of the Fucking Titans will decide the fate of Earth in the WCF- please.
You're always so dramatic. LOL

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THunder clearly the team with more heart and determination.
And talent.

Spurs are going to have to find a way to shoot their way out of this. I wouldn't rule it out but thats tough sledding.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won't get Durant.

Lets talk reality. Conley they could possibly land. But the truth is all these guys are leaving sooner than later. If they lose this series I imagine this will be a very strategic offseason for them.
Yep, I wonder if they lose this series whether or not we see TD next season.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of curiosity, Why do you count them out of the Durant Derby?

I don't understand where he plays with Kawhi and Aldridge.

But, the talking heads think they are in the Mix.

I think Pau should be their target.
Well I don't think it would work because they just got LA and he & KD both play the 4- and neither of them have expressed any interest in moving to the 5 permanently. Also, SA needs another floor general to replace Parker and that ain't KD.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I don't think it would work because they just got LA and he & KD both play the 4- and neither of them have expressed any interest in moving to the 5 permanently. Also, SA needs another floor general to replace Parker and that ain't KD.

Ibaka plays the 4.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still Kawhi plays the same position.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome job by OKC tonight. Beating the Spurs in San Antonio is no small feat.

Spurs lost just 1 game at home (*to the Dubs) during the regular season to tie the all time record at 40-1.

The Thunder have now beaten them twice in 8 days in this postseason...to take a 3-2 series lead.

Good stuff. Hope it goes 7.
:agree:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said the Thunder could beat them.

Looks like you were right, I was wrong.
Yea I thought they had a chance at beating them-because I figured the Spurs front court would be too slow to stop RW. Looks like that was right on the money. Also because OKC plays at a very fast pace- similar to the Warriors and it's hard for the Spurs' bigs to keep up the entire game.

But I stopped short of saying OKC would win for sure because they make a lot of mental mistakes still and SA is great at making teams pay when that happens. Honestly, without the mental mistakes in game 3 I think OKC wins that one too.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ibaka plays the 4.
You're right- but I think KD's natural position is the 4 right?

Also, can you see KD playing man to man defense on every possession in every game? That's what would be expected if he plays for Pop.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still Kawhi plays the same position.
I think Kawhi can move down to the 2 with ease- and that would probably give him an advantage over most 2 guards- being that he's the claw and all. :D

aar000n

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs tanked, and then lied to anyone who would listen that the Admiral was going to retire and that they'd have to leave SA so the NBA would give them Duncan.

And i just hate the NBA for shamelessly ignoring the rules of REAL basketball.

2 full steps IS a travel.

99% of NBA guards carry on almost every possession.

The eurostep is a travel 100% of the time (otherwise you're doing it wrong).

Instead, they changed the rules to legalize most of these.

And then they made up rules to stop Shaq because he was too dominant and then didn't get on the officials to call the game properly for him. They are selective about who they enforce the rules for. Which is BS.

It's why it's closer to the harlem globetrotters than a real sporting event.
This when the sport changes the rules to accommodate the players rather than the league simply calling it the way the sport is. I can get around people if I can just carry it like a football.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kawhi can move down to the 2 with ease- and that would probably give him an advantage over most 2 guards- being that he's the claw and all. :D

Those Damn HANDS....:eek:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has any team ever had a harder road to a championship then these Thunder? In theory they might have to beat the Spurs, one of the all time regular season teams and defending champs Warriors and a Cavs team that is both on fire and better than the team that went to the finals last year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has any team ever had a harder road to a championship then these Thunder? In theory they might have to beat the Spurs, one of the all time regular season teams and defending champs Warriors and a Cavs team that is both on fire and better than the team that went to the finals last year.
Great post...i totally agree

If somehow the Thunder managed to win the NBA Finals--and went through the Spurs, GSW, and Cavs- that would HAVE to qualify as the hardest postseason gauntlet ever....that would be UNREAL.

im just looking at this- and why would durant leave? if he wants to win- where could he do it better than in OKC with RW and Ibaka?--- unless he went to the Cavs/Spurs/GSW- which seems just far-fetched and unrealistic to me.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This when the sport changes the rules to accommodate the players rather than the league simply calling it the way the sport is. I can get around people if I can just carry it like a football.

Which is awful. The nba is sports entertainment at this point. It's not a full fledged sport.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

im just looking at this- and why would durant leave? if he wants to win- where could he do it better than in OKC with RW and Ibaka?--- unless he went to the Cavs/Spurs/GSW- which seems just far-fetched and unrealistic to me.

Ibaka has been generally disappointing the last couple of years. For example, he is averaging 3.5 rebounds / game vs. Spurs. (He is averaging well over 30 minutes / game.) He doesn't seem to be showing the effort. The Kanter/Adams front line has often been better than having Serge in there.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ibaka has been generally disappointing the last couple of years. For example, he is averaging 3.5 rebounds / game vs. Spurs. (He is averaging well over 30 minutes / game.) He doesn't seem to be showing the effort. The Kanter/Adams front line has often been better than having Serge in there.

Agreed. If anything they should look to move Ibaka for a wing who can shoot.