• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2) San Antonio Spurs (67-15) vs 3) OKC Thunder (55-27)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: So now it's the Spurs. Is there a team left that KD hasn't been rumored to go to?

I hear Pete Carroll has reached out to KD's agent to see if he has interest in playing wide receiver.
ithi nk its so ridiculous....

the playoffs are well underway and people cant just enjoy that and watch it without speculating on a minute chances that a guy comes to play for them....get a grip ya know? There will be PLENTY of time for free agency post playoffs...

im reading these post about durant maybe going to the spurs- and im like HES PLAYING THEM RIGHT NOW- WHO CARES ABOUT THESE DUMB RUMORS- this is actual REAL playoff basketball...

its just so irrelevant right now....it bothers me for some reason.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...sorry he is not on his level
2012 Kawhi had no pressure....

this Kawhi DOES have a lot of presure on his shoulders.

I think one of the most fascinating parts of this series is to see how he deals with itan d if he can indeed take that next step and get to that next level as a player---- he needs to FINISH though

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, OKC will play better, but, I think SA's defense is essentially built for teams like OKC.

They are too good defending the rim, and Leonard, Green, Ginobli and crew are easily the best group of wing defenders in the league. Tony Parker has somebody to hide on too. OKC is going to have a difficult time. I don't think this series gets past 5 games.
tlance....

care to revise your point about OKC not matching up well with the Spurs?

Just to note- my prediction was OKC in 6, yours was Spurs in 5...and you vehemently disagreed with the contention that OKC matched up well.

Think you mightve swung and missed on this one--- as we all do from time to time.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really don't.

Green and Kawhi matchup With Durant and Westbrook, making things as tough as possible on them. The Spurs also back them with elite rim protection. There is not a single team better suited to make life difficult for OKC on offense. Also, Tony Parker gets to hide on lesser players like Roberson.

On the other side, Ibaka can't guard Aldridge and the Spurs do a better job slowing down OKC's primary playmakers than OKC can do guarding Parker and Leonard.

So how exactly does OKC match up well?
?

Westbrook has been the DOMINATE player I expected him to be in this series considering such a weak defensive matchup.

ill be the first to admit- its TERRIFYING betting against the Spurs in the playoffs--- but they lost last year to a really talented team that was playing well.....I just dont see them as unbeatable--- no doubt- you have to play GREAT to beat the Spurs--- but size, youth, athleticism....those things if you have them in abundance can help you matchup well against them. The Spurs will NEVER beat themselves- but if your team has the talent - you CAN beat them.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant is not leaving OKC, especially if they win this series. You guys need to leave those pipe dreams alone.

Every team with cap space thinks they have a shot with him. But nobody can come within 50 mill or so of what OKC can pay him.....and if they make the WCF, I think he's comfortable enough where he is.

In reality there is NO KD sweepstakes. He's an extremely loyal guy.....he's going back to OKC, MAYBE DC, but I don't see too many other places he's likely to consider. He just doesn't strike me as the type to court all these offers.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think TD hanging it up is likely. Parker is only 33. He's not retiring for at least another 3 years IMO
I looked up spurs salary cap and they are 3 million over. With TD retiring that puts them 2 million under. They have another 3 mill coming off but still has 4 spots to fill then. KD will get what about 19-22 mill. plus another 2 mill to fill the other 3 spots.

Spurs have no shot at KD.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked up spurs salary cap and they are 3 million over. With TD retiring that puts them 2 million under. They have another 3 mill coming off but still has 4 spots to fill then. KD will get what about 19-22 mill. plus another 2 mill to fill the other 3 spots.

He will most likely stay in OKC. I guess it depends on what happens this year, but I think he will stay regardless. His supporting cast is getting better and clicking

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will most likely stay in OKC. I guess it depends on what happens this year, but I think he will stay regardless. His supporting cast is getting better and clicking
Yes or go to the East where its easier and go to a team like Wash who has some young talent and with KG they would be able to fight with the Cavs and the Heat and Toronto. Wall, Beal and KD is scary. Another team would be Bucks but I cant see him going there.

I really think its OKC, Wash and maybe NY or LA(outside shot with these 2). I would love to see the Bulls throw their hat in there.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The cap is going up to $89 mil. Manu and TD have player options which wipe close to $7.5 mil off the books.

San Antonio Spurs Team Payroll | Basketball-Reference.com

The one piece that would stand in the way is Diaw, but given that he's making ($7 miil), the Spurs would probably try to move him if they think they have a legit shot to add KD to their roster.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs, you couldn't play like this in the 2014 Finals? Sheesh.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs, you couldn't play like this in the 2014 Finals? Sheesh.

Not even close.
While the Spurs are still elite, you can see that Father Time is catching up with their older core.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even close.
While the Spurs are still elite, you can see that Father Time is catching up with their older core.

Agreed. I can almost guarantee that this is the last we've seen of Manu and Timmy.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cap is going up to $89 mil. Manu and TD have player options which wipe close to $7.5 mil off the books.

San Antonio Spurs Team Payroll | Basketball-Reference.com

The one piece that would stand in the way is Diaw, but given that he's making ($7 miil), the Spurs would probably try to move him if they think they have a legit shot to add KD to their roster.
I just dont see it. U do the math and its almost impossible. Remember other contracts are going up. Now if they trade some pieces then ok but I dont see the Spurs operating like that unless KD comes out and says I will be a Spur.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dont see it. U do the math and its almost impossible. Remember other contracts are going up. Now if they trade some pieces then ok but I dont see the Spurs operating like that unless KD comes out and says I will be a Spur.

Well, they'll have to move some players, and may even ask KD for a bit of a discount if titles are what he truly cares about. Plus, cost of living in SA is so damn cheap. Depends really, but to say that there's no way that KD could go to the Spurs is not as far feteched as you make it seem. If KD were to meet with the Spurs and told their management is dollar figure and to make it work, needless to say, they'll make it work.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they'll have to move some players, and may even ask KD for a bit of a discount if titles are what he truly cares about. Plus, cost of living in SA is so damn cheap. Depends really, but to say that there's no way that KD could go to the Spurs is not as far feteched as you make it seem. If KD were to meet with the Spurs and told their management is dollar figure and to make it work, needless to say, they'll make it work.
I give it a 5% chance unless like I said they make major changes and I just dont see that. Spurs operate with in a system. They dont blow up a team for 1 player.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give it a 5% chance unless like I said they make major changes and I just dont see that. Spurs operate with in a system. They dont blow up a team for 1 player.

I give it a low chance as well. Just for the reason that the Thunder are on the verge of reaching the WCF. If they make it there, KD will probably sign a 1-year deal and see what Westbrook does when his contract is up. I seriously doubt he'd sign a 5-year, especially with the spike that's going to occur in 2017 after this small bump coming up.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I can almost guarantee that this is the last we've seen of Manu and Timmy.

Good.

Duncan to the Spurs showed all that's wrong with the NBA.

Manu was horrible for the game as his illegal eurostep has gone mainstream (much like AI's illegal carries stopped getting called all over the basketball world).

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good.

Duncan to the Spurs showed all that's wrong with the NBA.

Manu was horrible for the game as his illegal eurostep has gone mainstream (much like AI's illegal carries stopped getting called all over the basketball world).

I take it you're not a Spurs fan.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take it you're not a Spurs fan.

The Spurs tanked, and then lied to anyone who would listen that the Admiral was going to retire and that they'd have to leave SA so the NBA would give them Duncan.

And i just hate the NBA for shamelessly ignoring the rules of REAL basketball.

2 full steps IS a travel.

99% of NBA guards carry on almost every possession.

The eurostep is a travel 100% of the time (otherwise you're doing it wrong).

Instead, they changed the rules to legalize most of these.

And then they made up rules to stop Shaq because he was too dominant and then didn't get on the officials to call the game properly for him. They are selective about who they enforce the rules for. Which is BS.

It's why it's closer to the harlem globetrotters than a real sporting event.