• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2) San Antonio Spurs (67-15) vs 3) OKC Thunder (55-27)

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you allowed to JUMP pass as well?

He pushed off and jump passed on the referee count of "two" which somehow took seven seconds.

I always thought you could not jump like that on a sideline inbounds.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suggest you go to YouTube and look at a lot of close games with game winning shots, and see how close players be.

As you can see here, Manu is clearly on the line. Its a delay of game. The Waiters incident doesn't happen if the refs properly call the delay of game.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A fucking play call by one of the greatest coach of all time.

Spurs could've called timeout if they wanted to. I believe they still had at least one left. Instead, they probably liked their chances on that scramble because they had the numbers advantage.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs could've called timeout if they wanted to. I believe they still had at least one left. Instead, they probably liked their chances on that scramble because they had the numbers advantage.

Exactly. The argument is pointless.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you can see here, Manu is clearly on the line. Its a delay of game. The Waiters incident doesn't happen if the refs properly call the delay of game.

Bruh, that is 100% clear evidence. You can't be 100% sure if his foot was on the line or right next to it, and that's with video. The refs had no video. They are judging in real speed.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What happened after the play, is irrelevant.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs have nobody to blame but themselves. Thunder had more heart and determination in this one. Hell of a game.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Told you guys okc matched up wel vs the spurs

They don't match up well at all. That does not mean they are not good enough to win some games though.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the Waiters play, it looked like Ginobili may have been on the line, but Waiters should have taken a step back before he was given the ball. Instead he was crowding the line and it almost looked like he was trying to draw contact from Ginobili. Manu is entitled to the space up to the line, and it is difficult to see whether or not he broke the plain.

As for the break, no good coach will ever call timeout in that situation. You are almost guaranteed a high quality shot in a transition opportunity with a numbers advantage like that. While I am sure Pop could have dialed up a good SLOB play, the odds are much lower in that situation. Pop made the right decision not to call TO, and I am sure he would tell you the same.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't match up well at all. That does not mean they are not good enough to win some games though.
they DO matchup well...that doesnt mean they will win- but they matchup well with the Spurs.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It looks like his hands are over the line too. Which is also a violation.

They get that call right ans everything changes.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really? who exactly on the Thunder is "matching up well" with Aldridge ??
im telling you this right now. LaMarcus Aldridge is not the guy you want with the ball in his hands iwth 7 seconds left down by 1. I think he is a front running player and when times get tough he will shrink. I trust like 7 other guys on the Spurs more...dont get me wrong-very talented player- when he is going good he can do what he did in game 1- but theres plenty of guys id rather have in a fox hole- tough conference finals close game in a long series.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you allowed to JUMP pass as well?

He pushed off and jump passed on the referee count of "two" which somehow took seven seconds.

I always thought you could not jump like that on a sideline inbounds.

100% allowed to jump pass. His only limit is he has about a 3 ft box (1.5 each side) that he has to stay in.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the Waiters play, it looked like Ginobili may have been on the line, but Waiters should have taken a step back before he was given the ball. Instead he was crowding the line and it almost looked like he was trying to draw contact from Ginobili. Manu is entitled to the space up to the line, and it is difficult to see whether or not he broke the plain.

As for the break, no good coach will ever call timeout in that situation. You are almost guaranteed a high quality shot in a transition opportunity with a numbers advantage like that. While I am sure Pop could have dialed up a good SLOB play, the odds are much lower in that situation. Pop made the right decision not to call TO, and I am sure he would tell you the same.

Ginobli really needed to take that floater instead of passing it out for a contested Mills 3.

To the Spurs credit, they were not crying about that call. Will be interesting to see the L2M report this afternoon.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Ginobili should've been given a warning and asked to move back. The Thunder should have been awarded a technical free throw

2) Waiters should've been called for a foul. Spurs should have been awarded the ball out of bounds.

Bottom line.... the way things worked out... the Spurs benefited from both of those non-calls.

The Spurs got a 3-on-1 fastbreak with a chance to win the game. If Ginobili's violation is called, Thunder shoot a free throw and are then likely to inbound cleanly and keep possession. If the Waiters violation is called, Thunder get to setup their defense to defend the final play.

The very fact that Popovich didn't call a timeout is proof that they benefited from the non-call, unless you want to argue that he made a mistake. Either way, he had the option to be in the exact same situation the foul call would have given them.