• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2) San Antonio Spurs (67-15) vs 3) OKC Thunder (55-27)

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check out the NBA rule book.... the no-call on Ginobili had a bigger impact on the game since it should've resulted in a technical foul.

Page 39, Rule No. 12, Section II, #5

(5) A defender crossing the boundary line prior to the ball being released on a throw-in.

PENALTY: The first offense is a warning. A technical foul shall be assessed with each successive offense and charged to the team. An announcement will be made by the public address announcer. The 24-second clock shall remain the same or reset to 14, whichever is greater, if the violation is assessed against the defensive team. The offensive team shall be awarded a new 8 seconds to advance the ball if it is in the backcourt. There is no change in timing status if any of these violations are assessed against the offensive team. If repeated acts become a travesty, the head coach shall be notified that he is being held responsible.

EXCEPTION (5): In the last two minutes of the fourth period and last two minutes of any overtime period, a technical foul will be assessed if the defender crosses or breaks the plane of the boundary line when an offensive player is in a position to inbound and prior to the ball being released on a throw-in.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite an ending. I never expected OKC to win one of these games in SA but they proved me wrong. This series just got interesting.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check out the NBA rule book.... the no-call on Ginobili had a bigger impact on the game since it should've resulted in a technical foul.

Exactly. If the NBA doesn't admit to this....well...they already have zero credibility when it comes to referees (cough cough Game 7 2010 cough cough) but this would just prove it again.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching those final 13 seconds again... mad props to Steven Adams. He almost single-handedly stopped that 3-on-1 fastbreak.

He was behind half-court when he saw the turnover that was about to happen and hustled back and was the only one on D at first. He came up on Green causing him to Pass... then hustled back and stopped Patty from getting the layup, then helped on Ginobili when he got past Westbrook causing him to pass back to Mills, then ran hard and closed out on Mills' 3.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you can see here, Manu is clearly on the line. Its a delay of game. The Waiters incident doesn't happen if the refs properly call the delay of game.

I noticed that too, even his arms are over the line basically touching Waiters. If the refs saw that it was probably a play-on.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I've seen so many other different things on this play today. First, Kawhi has a huge hold of Westbrook's jersey, which led to Waiters lookin elsewhere. 2nd, after Adams contests Mills' jumper, a random fan PULLS HIM down, until the end of the game. Lastly, on Aldridge's last shot, it looks like Ibaka held his off arm as he went up. That were about 6 or 7 missed calls on that final sequence

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many things missed on that final play. Neither team could have blamed the refs for losing though. The Spurs missed so many easy shots (literally point blank a few times). If they just hit a couple of those, they win the game. OKC had a chance to go into the 4th quarter with a big enough lead that Pop would have just pulled his starters. Instead, they damn near lost a game that they were in control of until about the last 3-4 minutes of the 3rd quarter.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upon further review, it seems like Adams knocks her down after the contest of Mills, and then she tried to put an armbar on him for revenge. Hilarious

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Pop coached the Thunder, Cavs or Warriors and you had a league average coach with the Spurs- those 3 teams slaughter the Spurs. I have never seen a coach mean so much.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Pop coached the Thunder, Cavs or Warriors and you had a league average coach with the Spurs- those 3 teams slaughter the Spurs. I have never seen a coach mean so much.

I don't know if that's true.

Dude was almost fired even with Duncan.

Without the Spurs lying to everyone saying Admiral was retiring after 96-97...Pop isn't even coaching in SA right now.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course but it's not like the Spurs don't have talent and young talent. He just has coached those veterans so well that they continue to produce. Looks like we really saw the younger talent dominate for the Spurs. Although Ginobili had a good game both Duncan and Parker didn't play too well. Duncan is definitely gone after this year, ever since that injury earlier in the season his play has been down. He is still there defensive as a rim protector but just not the same as we saw last year in the playoffs. Still ridiculous that he can produce at the age he is though, that's what they got Aldridge for but he was the Spurs' team last night.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs gonna be in trouble if Aldridge doesn't continue scoring 40 a game on 95% shooting.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs gonna be in trouble if Aldridge doesn't continue scoring 40 a game on 95% shooting.

You keep telling yourself that. Spurs shot poorly to start and had a lot of open looks that just didn't go in. I'd be more concerned with how you're going to stop Aldridge if I'm a Thunder fan then worrying about the Spurs. They've proven they can adapt, the Thunder have yet to do that. Ibaka is the only person on OKC's roster remotely able to guard Ibaka, and he tore his ass up last night.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was guarding Leonard? I assume Roberson and KD some then I saw Waiters on him. They did a pretty good job for most of the game. Leonard didn't have a bad game or anything but they kept him in check pretty good.