• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2) Nuggets vs 3) T'Wolves

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ant is the new Dwyane Wade in that no one is ever allowed to say anything bad about him...

For you Edwards fans out there, I'd like to hear your honest assessment: Outside the fact that he's five years younger, what exactly separates him as a basketball player from Donovan Mitchell? :scratch:

Defense mostly.

But also, some guys just seem to get theirs in the flow where it seems effortless. Teammates play around them and their presence helps the others get better looks. That is Ant.

Mitchell is a very good player. But, he also tends to have the ball an awful lot and he doesn’t seem to make the game easier for teammates when he is on the floor.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,116.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really looking forward to this game.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,116.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense mostly.

But also, some guys just seem to get theirs in the flow where it seems effortless. Teammates play around them and their presence helps the others get better looks. That is Ant.

Mitchell is a very good player. But, he also tends to have the ball an awful lot and he doesn’t seem to make the game easier for teammates when he is on the floor.
Great summation.

Edwards playing really good defense has been huge this series.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ant is the new Dwyane Wade in that no one is ever allowed to say anything bad about him...

For you Edwards fans out there, I'd like to hear your honest assessment: Outside the fact that he's five years younger, what exactly separates him as a basketball player from Donovan Mitchell? :scratch:
5 years matters since he still gets to improve to his prime, Mitchell already there. Also, and this is a big one, defense

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 years matters since he still gets to improve to his prime, Mitchell already there. Also, and this is a big one, defense
Defense is the clear answer, and hurricane not knowing that sums up his knowledge on basketball. The other is leadership. Ants teammates praise him for not only the way he leads by example, but his support. Dude is loved by his teammates, Mitchell never is.

Even if you accept Mitchell's denial of the latest report I am fine, but it does not bury the rest of it.

Reactions: DJ

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Vegas have an over/under on Gobert doing the money sign for a third time?
I’m guessing if you asked both teams and they had to be truthful the Wolves wanted anyone but Scott Foster and the Nuggets wanted anyone but Marc Davis based on how they’ve done in the series so far.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m guessing if you asked both teams and they had to be truthful the Wolves wanted anyone but Scott Foster and the Nuggets wanted anyone but Marc Davis based on how they’ve done in the series so far.
As a Wolves fan I did not love seeing it, he has never been unbearably terrible, I doubt it has any true impact tonight.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is.

But the pressure now fall firmly on Denver.

They are clear favorites playing at home and the only team in the West with any level of expectation in terms of getting to the Finals.

The others sure want to and are good enough to do it, but there fans aren’t expecting it.
I don't know. Denver won a title last year and has been in pressure games for the last half dozen playoffs.

I lean toward Minny having the pressure on them. Not only have they never won as a basketball franchise, but they carry the weight of their city for winning a championship. It's been nearly 35 years since Minneapolis has won anything.

If they lose the series after the start they had, it's a pretty epic collapse.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. Denver won a title last year and has been in pressure games for the last half dozen playoffs.

I lean toward Minny having the pressure on them. Not only have they never won as a basketball franchise, but they carry the weight of their city for winning a championship. It's been nearly 35 years since Minneapolis has won anything.

If they lose the series after the start they had, it's a pretty epic collapse.

Minnesota already exceeded expectations that anyone had for them this season so there is no pressure on them

Their fans never expected a title this year and most of their fans did not expect them to make it out of round 1 at the start of the season. Winning a series and going 7 games with the defend is more than most of their fans expected

Being up 2-0 and losing a series isn't the end of the world especially when you entered the series as underdogs

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota already exceeded expectations that anyone had for them this season so there is no pressure on them

Their fans never expected a title this year and most of their fans did not expect them to make it out of round 1 at the start of the season. Winning a series and going 7 games with the defend is more than most of their fans expected

Being up 2-0 and losing a series isn't the end of the world especially when you entered the series as underdogs
It's all house money for me at this point, but I sure would like it to continue. Wolves are young and brighter things are in the future, but the main risk is Conley. He is critical to the teams success, but very few 6'0" pgs do well at his age. If his game drops they have no viable replacement.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Little bigger, better defender, more athletic, which is saying something because Spida can get up too.

It looks like Edwards can be a #1 option on a Championship level team.

Mitchell strikes me as a 1B, in the mold of Jamal Murray.

Both are essential to winning.

But you'd probably be better served if Donovan wasn't your best player.

PPhan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After seeing them for the first 2 months, I had them right up there with Boston and Denver. I saw enough from them.

I'm still picking them over Denver tonight, just because talent wise, I believe they're the better team. Denver's true advantage here is Jokic's greatness and the playoffs experience they have.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to come in here too aggressive, but I would really enjoy it if the Timberwolves won this game.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to come in here too aggressive, but I would really enjoy it if the Timberwolves won this game.

I like the T-Wolves...but the important thing is the Celtics losing and I think the Nuggets are the only team left that can make that happen.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the T-Wolves...but the important thing is the Celtics losing and I think the Nuggets are the only team left that can make that happen.
Na, Celtics going up against the Pacers. They are about to lose 80% of their starters.