• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2) Nuggets vs 3) T'Wolves

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Accountability or not, I don't think anyone will ever dispute that the refs won't ever have as big an impact on the game as the players.

So yes, salary should matter.

No one associates the name Jess Kersey in the breath as Michael Jordan...

This post is just weird.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I said was Ant is the better all around player. He is.
I agree but SGA is closer than you're giving him credit for

If ant continues way I think/hope it won't be debate down road, right now it is.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe because that was the point... Refs aren't that great a part of the game and we shouldn't act as if they are.

Your point was to be weird?

That is kind of …

What is the word I am looking for?

Weird?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some game observations from last night:
  • Minnesota's defense is stifling. They turned the Nuggets into perimeter shooters, as they could rarely get into the paint.
  • Ant's 43 points is a career playoff high. He was virtually unstoppable.
  • The T'Wolves shot 71% from the floor in the 2nd half.
  • Naz Reid and KAT really got going in the 2nd half.
  • The Nuggets have started slow in every playoff game this season. Last night was no different.
In order to keep this series competitive, Denver needs to get off to a better start, attack the paint/rim and get better play from Murray. If Minnesota continues to play like they did yesterday, I could easily see them winning the NBA Finals.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your point was to be weird?

That is kind of …

What is the word I am looking for?

Weird?
Guess the Gobert trade worked better than you thought??? Connolly (sp.) probably gave up too much in pick value but the principle is on point...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess the Gobert trade worked better than you thought??? Connolly (sp.) probably gave up too much in pick value but the principle is on point...

No, it was a horrific overpay.

Always will be. Gobert is not that good.

Edwards has ascended to a level where it might not matter.

Sometimes bad moves work out anyway.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Going to win DPOY... That team w/ Beasley and Bev was always going to be a first round exit, as the Bucks saw this year.

Gobert was a worthy roll of the dice for a franchise that was still going nowhere at the time.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to win DPOY... That team w/ Beasley and Bev was always going to be a first round exit, as the Bucks saw this year.

Gobert was a worthy roll of the dice for a franchise that was still going nowhere at the time.
Agreed. Overly aggressive

But realize Minnesota was coming off a series loss to Memphis in which they couldn't get defensive rebound or stop to protect big lead.

He also fleeced everyone trading dlo for Conley and naw plus draft capital to off set

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Overly aggressive

But realize Minnesota was coming off a series loss to Memphis in which they couldn't get defensive rebound or stop to protect big lead.

He also fleeced everyone trading dlo for Conley and naw plus draft capital to off set
Exactly. In a way he was able to get Ainge to feel guilty about the fleecing that he threw in a couple picks along with Conley in the later deal...

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. In a way he was able to get Ainge to feel guilty about the fleecing that he threw in a couple picks along with Conley in the later deal...
I'm also giving him benefit doubt, he built one champion and, imo, greatest threat in West to said team. Sorry @thunderc

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The fact that he is winning DPOY in 2024 is a complete joke.

Shows voters just aren’t very smart.

Bam is a much better defender. It isn’t close.

Rudy is an old school rim protector. He is good at it, but DPOY needs to start reflecting how the game is played today.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are so full of shit.

Comes into the thread and say “I was clearly not wrong about Ant not being a superstar even though now everyone is calling him just that because that discussion happened 30 full basketball games ago and things are so different now.”

The Wolves wouldn’t be in the position they are now without the Golbert trade. The biggest reason they are the best defense in the league is because their perimeter defenders can pressure the ball and run people off the 3 point line because if they get beat off the dribble, they have Rudy on the backend to make up for it. It’s why their ball pressure looks so much different than most teams. The Wolves unlike most teams WANT people to make straight line drives to the hoop because Rudy is there to deter and alter shots.

Hey Fonzi it’s not that hard to say…..”I was wr-wr-wr-wrong.” You should try saying it. It will lend some credibility to what you say next because it shows you know the difference between right and wrong and aren’t just spouting bullshit not caring what side of the argument your point lands on.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that he is winning DPOY in 2024 is a complete joke.

Shows voters just aren’t very smart.

Bam is a much better defender. It isn’t close.

Rudy is an old school rim protector. He is good at it, but DPOY needs to start reflecting how the game is played today.

JJJ won it last year pretty much because of blocks, then spent the summer with Team USA getting completely shredded in every possible way defensively. Shows you how much the voters of that award just look at a couple of stats

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are so full of shit.

Comes into the thread and say “I was clearly not wrong about Ant not being a superstar even though now everyone is calling him just that because that discussion happened 30 full basketball games ago and things are so different now.”

The Wolves wouldn’t be in the position they are now without the Golbert trade. The biggest reason they are the best defense in the league is because their perimeter defenders can pressure the ball and run people off the 3 point line because if they get beat off the dribble, they have Rudy on the backend to make up for it. It’s why their ball pressure looks so much different than most teams. The Wolves unlike most teams WANT people to make straight line drives to the hoop because Rudy is there to deter and alter shots.

Hey Fonzi it’s not that hard to say…..”I was wr-wr-wr-wrong.” You should try saying it. It will lend some credibility to what you say next because it shows you know the difference between right and wrong and aren’t just spouting bullshit not caring what side of the argument your point lands on.

Go read my post again and then read the responses.

I think Ant is trending toward being a superstar.

I said he wasn’t 2 months ago when we had a conversation about superstars that you weren’t here for. And yes, a lot has changed for Ant in the last 30 days. Pretty much everything, actually.

Most of us are here every day. You drop in and are unaware of the context of ongoing conversations.

Wake up and read the room.