• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2 more years?

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a very interesting article of a topic that I've touched on several times here on SportsHoopla. I can't see this happening for him to "just" play for his hometown crowd or because it's one of the original six or the "shrine" of the NHL. However, I can honestly say this does worry me because we all know the Bolts play is up & down all season long. They lose to teams that they should pulverize & play really good teams very hard ultimately winning most of these. Consistency has been a huge problem here in Tampa for the Bolts. Believe me, I'm not writing this because of last night. I really thought that both teams played a great game, both net-minders played huge and the scoring chance for both teams was unbelievable! But anyway, here's the link to an article that will really make one think! (And yes, Cobie will love to see who's at the #1 position):

8 Teams Steven Stamkos Should Leave Tampa For - SportsBreak

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, #'s 8,6,5 & 1 would look the most inviting, if I were he. I would place the Wings at the #7 position because I don't think a losing team like Edmonton would even be in the running! The Habs maybe a possibility and I don't see him following MSL to the Rangers for 2 reasons: 1) MSL will be a retiree all too soon 2) He will be taking a step backwards concerning the D (something we all realize the Bolts addressed during the offseason & the Rangers will have to address).
I really don't see the Guins having the room for him $$$ wise.

Last edited by a moderator:

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stamkos is going nowhere, i really do believe he's a bolt for life and next off-season a long term deal will be reached. Yzerman is building a winner and people are believing what he and Mr.Vinik are doing down here just ask the likes of Ryan Callahan. Stamkos is the captain of a team that is going to win and constantly win going forward? so why leave? He's not going to join many organizations in a better situation that us, he's not going to get paid more elsewhere considering the bolts cap is in good shape going forward plus Florida is a no tax state which is an incentive. Stamkos said he wants to stay here and win here, he also said he loves Tampa because it's not hockey 24/7 like the likes of Toronto and Montreal, he enjoys the more relaxed market. Stamkos is going nowhere!!!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say what will happen in 2 years.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Main thing is to never let Stamkos become a UFA, sign him up to whatever he wants the year before his contract is up.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with Danny, Stammer is going nowhere. He has the leagues best Owner & GM. paycheck and guaranteed playoffs from now till he retires. The only exception would be Toronto his hometown team. But I thought Vinny would go to Montreal but ended up in Philly so who knows. I'm thinking Stammer will stay in Tampa.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think stamkos is leaving the lightning! any hockey fan or hockey player can see what steve yzerman and jeff vinik are building here as danny said. Money is not going to be a issue at all as vinik has stated we will spend at or near the cap in the coming years. Ask Ryan callahan he could have got more money in FA from buffalo we all know that.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rangers future is really bleak that team is not getting better anytime soon it's starting to go down hill. Toronto ? they have alot of work to do! only place I can see is the penguins having stamkos malkin and crosby but that would be a cap nightmare.