• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2) Memphis Grizzlies vs 3) Golden State Warriors

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feels like the Warriors have all the momentum going into tomorrow. The Warriors got the psychological edge from winning without Draymond, and Draymond will play like he got shot out of a cannon, further giving them an advantage. Meanwhile, Morant looked winded or hurt throughout much of that game yesterday. In the back of their minds, the Grizzlies might feel satisfied that they've come this far.

And honestly, Curry didn't even have a good shooting game yesterday, at least by his standards.
Sure there's definitely a good chance Warriors win tomorrow, maybe even better than even chance, but I don't want to discount a good team that barely lost, at home

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, the possible model for this Warriors team is the 2014 Spurs, with the new young guy (Kawhi) rejuvenating the aging big 3 (Duncan, Parker, Ginobili). If the Ws win this, wouldn't we have to say Poole is most likely to win Finals MVP?

No.

Because Curry is due one.

Poole only could win if he drastically outplays Steph.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hope the league would change the call to a flagrant 1 so he isn't at risk of suspension due to their fuckup
It wasn’t necessarily a f up, I bet they are saying 2 acts in one play

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

Because Curry is due one.

Poole only could win if he drastically outplays Steph.
If all the games look like last night, Poole would have to win it (I agree Curry is "due")

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Close to it, yeah. Scoring style a bit different but similar potential. Curry a better defender.

That he's anywhere close to Curry would've been a crazy thing to say a few months ago, but with how he's playing now, it sounds less and less crazy. I hadn't looked at his stats from last night until now. This is an incredible combination of volume and efficiency. The Warriors may truly have a third Splash Brother right now.

Screenshot_32.png

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif

“THE WINNER OF THIS SERIES will have 4 wins when it is over.”

tenor.gif

“I wasn’t yelling when I made my take.”

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously your nonstop stupidity has no end. The '16 Finals, Dray was suspended for game 5 right? That means a full strength Warriors team had two chances to take care of business but didn't. That Finals loss isn't on Dray. It's on the entire team.
There was a lot of choking to go around, yes but it should have ended in game 5 at home if Green hadn't had his little hissy fit when James stepped over him. Said "he questioned my mnhood".. is he that unsure of his manhood?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He reminds me a bit of Metta World Peace. He provides that "edge/toughness" that a team needs. As a fan, you mostly love having him on the team, but there are those times where it can backfire.

You just hope that it doesn't backfire at the wrong time and really hurt the team (i.e. Dray in that finals series or MWP elbowing Harden in the face in the playoffs).
Or Dennis Rodman. Green is a loose cannon

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feels like the Warriors have all the momentum going into tomorrow. The Warriors got the psychological edge from winning without Draymond, and Draymond will play like he got shot out of a cannon, further giving them an advantage. Meanwhile, Morant looked winded or hurt throughout much of that game yesterday. In the back of their minds, the Grizzlies might feel satisfied that they've come this far.

And honestly, Curry didn't even have a good shooting game yesterday, at least by his standards.
On the morning sports shows they kept referring to Morant "constantly going to his left hand" and said "keep that in mind" as if to say he might be hurt

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ minus 22 now in 17 minutes lol

I mean....come on man.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That he's anywhere close to Curry would've been a crazy thing to say a few months ago, but with how he's playing now, it sounds less and less crazy. I hadn't looked at his stats from last night until now. This is an incredible combination of volume and efficiency. The Warriors may truly have a third Splash Brother right now.

View attachment 295440
That is one heck of a stat line. he took over the 4th quarter last night. He's improved in every area of the game from two seasons ago.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't able to catch the game, but I saw some of the highlights and the condensed replay. Incredibly important that in this first game Jordan Poole got back on track. The teams are going to be selling out on Steph as they always have and having another play maker and scorer is really a necessity. The Warriors are going to always be undersized in these playoffs and it's impressive they won the boards battle. GP2....pay that man his money. Shout out to Andrew Wiggins for a really quiet, but effective game.

The Warriors will need to tighten things up, especially on defense. All things considered though, the Warriors snuck out a victory, on the road, with Draymond ejected in the 2nd quarter, Steph and Klay went 14-39 and the team shot 65% from the FT line. Perspective is key.

Lastly, I'll say the reffing was absolutely abysmal. Obviously my bias tends me to view it as the Warriors were screwed on a bunch of calls. But also there were key misses for the Grizzlies too, like Steph traveling at the end of the game. This has got to be better.
I agree. Gary Payton's play and contributions are very underrated.