• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2) Memphis Grizzlies vs 3) Golden State Warriors

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always on point
Lucky as hell that Morant missed a layup at the end after the Dubs blew a 10-point 4th quarter lead and Thompson chokling at the free throw line.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't understand that guy. he's good but you can't rely on him to be able to control himself. he alone cost us the title that year against the Cavs.

Obviously your nonstop stupidity has no end. The '16 Finals, Dray was suspended for game 5 right? That means a full strength Warriors team had two chances to take care of business but didn't. That Finals loss isn't on Dray. It's on the entire team.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't understand that guy. he's good but you can't rely on him to be able to control himself. he alone cost us the title that year against the Cavs.

He reminds me a bit of Metta World Peace. He provides that "edge/toughness" that a team needs. As a fan, you mostly love having him on the team, but there are those times where it can backfire.

You just hope that it doesn't backfire at the wrong time and really hurt the team (i.e. Dray in that finals series or MWP elbowing Harden in the face in the playoffs).

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't able to catch the game, but I saw some of the highlights and the condensed replay. Incredibly important that in this first game Jordan Poole got back on track. The teams are going to be selling out on Steph as they always have and having another play maker and scorer is really a necessity. The Warriors are going to always be undersized in these playoffs and it's impressive they won the boards battle. GP2....pay that man his money. Shout out to Andrew Wiggins for a really quiet, but effective game.

The Warriors will need to tighten things up, especially on defense. All things considered though, the Warriors snuck out a victory, on the road, with Draymond ejected in the 2nd quarter, Steph and Klay went 14-39 and the team shot 65% from the FT line. Perspective is key.

Lastly, I'll say the reffing was absolutely abysmal. Obviously my bias tends me to view it as the Warriors were screwed on a bunch of calls. But also there were key misses for the Grizzlies too, like Steph traveling at the end of the game. This has got to be better.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously your nonstop stupidity has no end. The '16 Finals, Dray was suspended for game 5 right? That means a full strength Warriors team had two chances to take care of business but didn't. That Finals loss isn't on Dray. It's on the entire team.

It's just to call out Draymond for possibly shifting the momentum (extra motivation for the Cavs plus missing Game 5). He apparently does have that personality where he simply can't avoid technicals and will sometimes commit a flagrant. But in his defense, he played great in Game 7 and was definitely not the reason they lost that game.

And yes, I always agree with the concept that you win and lose as a team. No one guy is bigger than the team. The Warriors know what Draymond is, and they take the good with the bad. Plus, the margin between winning and losing is often so slight that it comes down to a few plays. Any number of guys could've made an extra play or two that would've made the difference, so how can you blame one guy?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just 1 game but I think all 7 games are going to be like last night's.

Need a Memphis win tomorrow. If Memphis loses tomorrow, this is very likely a Warriors sweep. But who knows? After Game 2 on Tuesday, the teams have to wait until Saturday night for Game 3. The Warriors' core three players will have further aged and it will be momentum back to the young Grizzlies. LOL.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully not too 'motivated' though. But the refs might give him some leeway to make up for their overcall.

It's okay if he is too motivated. Let's get that one-game suspension out of the way early, before the Warriors reach the Finals. LOL.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope you got in a good bet for a 7 game series. You probably can get a very good payout since almost everyone thinks this will be a short series. I'm not saying you're wrong. It might very well turn out to be 7 games, especially if the Grizzlies win tomorrow, but I'm guessing that the public is like near 100% behind the Warriors ending this early.

I haven't bet on anything since the Super Bowl, but these NBA playoffs might get me interested.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's okay if he is too motivated. Let's get that one-game suspension out of the way early, before the Warriors reach the Finals. LOL.
I would hope the league would change the call to a flagrant 1 so he isn't at risk of suspension due to their fuckup

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you got in a good bet for a 7 game series. You probably can get a very good payout since almost everyone thinks this will be a short series. I'm not saying you're wrong. It might very well turn out to be 7 games, especially if the Grizzlies win tomorrow, but I'm guessing that the public is like near 100% behind the Warriors ending this early.

I haven't bet on anything since the Super Bowl, but these NBA playoffs might get me interested.
Warriors are going to win probably but not in a short series. Goes six, clinch at home. Tomorrow a must win for Memphis though or it could indeed be short.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hope the league would change the call to a flagrant 1 so he isn't at risk of suspension due to their fuckup

Yeah, they can rescind those during the regular season, so I assume they can during the playoffs. I hope they do lower it to a flagrant 1. It was a stupid play, but I don't think it warranted a flagrant 2.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors are going to win probably but not in a short series. Goes six, clinch at home. Tomorrow a must win for Memphis though or it could indeed be short.

Feels like the Warriors have all the momentum going into tomorrow. The Warriors got the psychological edge from winning without Draymond, and Draymond will play like he got shot out of a cannon, further giving them an advantage. Meanwhile, Morant looked winded or hurt throughout much of that game yesterday. In the back of their minds, the Grizzlies might feel satisfied that they've come this far.

And honestly, Curry didn't even have a good shooting game yesterday, at least by his standards.