• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2) Golden State Warriors vs 6) New Orleans Pelicans

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol stop it. The difference is Lance is easily taken out of his game because of his own shenanigans. Exact opposite for Dray.

eh, I don't think Lance gets taken out of his game either. Draymond is just more effective because he's a much better player.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and while i was displeased that the Dubs blew getting the title that season it IS hard to argue that result...

Shit I'll argue it. Bring it on! Gimme enough time & I'm sure I could come up w/ some phoney baloney bullshit reasons why the results could have been better. Starting w/ this nonsense. If the Dubs would have taken care of business & didn't shit themselves during the greatest Finals collapse of all time they would have been back to back champs & wouldn't have even needed the baaaadist mo-fo in the NBA. Besides KD isn't that damn good anyway if you only focus on his assist to TO ratio & ignore the other stats. More bullshit to come in next weeks episode.

Last edited:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit I'll argue it. Bring it on! Gimme enough time & I'm sure I could come up w/ some phoney baloney bullshit reasons why the results could have been better. Starting w/ this nonsense. If the Dubs would have taken care of business & shit themselves during the greatest Finals collapse of all time they would have been back to back champs & wouldn't have even needed the baaaadist mo-fo in the NBA. Besides KD isn't that damn good anyway if you only focus on his assist to TO ratio & ignore the other stats. More bullshit to come in next weeks episode.

You forgot KD wouldn't be a cupcake either. He might be a bran muffin if he stayed in OKC.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot KD wouldn't be a cupcake either. He might be a bran muffin if he stayed in OKC.

I'm thinking if KD was still in OKC him & Russ would have gotten into a fist fight during a game.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I don't think Capela will be an issue - if coach plays the right guys in rotation. I think in that series he has to play two bigs as much as possible when Capela is on the floor. Looney & JaVale are the perfect duo. With the two of them in there together you have a big to defend the penetrating guy meanwhile an additional big at the rim which means no cherry picking for Capela. That is mainly how he gets most of his points because they very seldom run plays for him.

No!

2 bigs against the Rockets? You give away corner 3s all game long. That is exactly what houston wants.

McGee might not play at all against Houston. He is not a good pick and roll defender. Looney, Dray and West should be the bigs in a 4 guard lineup against Houston.

You have to stay home on shooters. Capella will get a few buckets, but you can live with that if you take away the corner 3s from Ariza, Gordon, Tucker and everyone's else.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No!

2 bigs against the Rockets? You give away corner 3s all game long. That is exactly what houston wants.

McGee might not play at all against Houston. He is not a good pick and roll defender. Looney, Dray and West should be the bigs in a 4 guard lineup against Houston.

You have to stay home on shooters. Capella will get a few buckets, but you can live with that if you take away the corner 3s from Ariza, Gordon, Tucker and everyone's else.
Hmmmm....well Looney is EXCELLENT with guarding out on the perimeter. JaVale is excellent with guarding the rim. This is why IMO they are a great duo. I'm hoping we see this rotation to see how it works out.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No!

The way the Warriors are playing against the Pelicans right now should be an indicator of how the Warriors intend to play a team like the Rockets. I think a 9 man rotation of Steph, Klay, Andre, KD, Draymond, with bench unit of Livingston, Cook, West and Looney. Kind of under the radar but Nick Young has still be really bad in his last two games starting.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmm....well Looney is EXCELLENT with guarding out on the perimeter. JaVale is excellent with guarding the rim. This is why IMO they are a great duo. I'm hoping we see this rotation to see how it works out.

AD's been rim running a ton and you haven't seen the Warriors counter this with more Javale. I think Looney will be just fine with respects to this.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But, Javale is a liability against Houston because he can't just guard the rim. Guarding the perimeter is far more important against them. Capella sets a high ball screen for Harden on almost every possession. McGee can't just stay in the paint on those or Harden would get open 3s every time. I will be shocked if McGee is in the rotation. Shocked.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way the Warriors are playing against the Pelicans right now should be an indicator of how the Warriors intend to play a team like the Rockets. I think a 9 man rotation of Steph, Klay, Andre, KD, Draymond, with bench unit of Livingston, Cook, West and Looney. Kind of under the radar but Nick Young has still be really bad in his last two games starting.

Don't forget JMac

Edit:
Oops...n/m
I see he's now being discussed.

:thumb:

All good.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD's been rim running a ton and you haven't seen the Warriors counter this with more Javale. I think Looney will be just fine with respects to this.
True, but we saw a lot of teams rim running without coach countering it. Then all of a sudden, the last week of the season we saw him counter by not only starting JaVale but also playing him & Looney together. So, at this point nothing coach does surprises me anymore.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, Javale is a liability against Houston because he can't just guard the rim. Guarding the perimeter is far more important against them. Capella sets a high ball screen for Harden on almost every possession. McGee can't just stay in the paint on those or Harden would get open 3s every time. I will be shocked if McGee is in the rotation. Shocked.
Agreed that JaVale isn't the greatest in pick n roll situations but Looney is & that's why playing them together is the key.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed that JaVale isn't the greatest in pick n roll situations but Looney is & that's why playing them together is the key.

Who is McGee guarding?

Ariza? Ryan Anderson? Tucker?

The Rockets always have 4 shooter on the court with Capella. You can't just have McGee camp out in the lane and he can't guard any of those guys.

That is why you absolutely can't play Looney and McGee together against Houston.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No!

In some ways, it's similar to how Toronto's been playing against Cleveland. Valacunias has been nearly worthless out there as Love keeps drawing him out of the paint and Toronto leaves shooters wide open.

But I agree, playing big against Houston is a sure-fire disaster. Plus, GS is the best at small ball - they should keep it that way.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is McGee guarding?

Ariza? Ryan Anderson? Tucker?

The Rockets always have 4 shooter on the court with Capella. You can't just have McGee camp out in the lane and he can't guard any of those guys.

That is why you absolutely can't play Looney and McGee together against Houston.
Why do you think it's impossible for him to guard Capela? When Kerr plays Looney & McGee together McGee is always the center.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you think it's impossible for him to guard Capela? When Kerr plays Looney & McGee together McGee is always the center.

It's not about guarding Capela. It's about what he does when the Rockets run the high pick and roll. Javale is not good in guarding in space. He's a great rim protector. Looney is a good defender in space on bigs, but not the rim protector Javale is.

Problem is putting those two guys together to play doesn't solve the problem. It's not like the Rockets are going to say "hey they have Looney in. he's a good defender in space so let's attack him in the pick and roll."

If you have Javale out there, the Rockets will drag him away from the hoop. You just took away his greatest strength in being able to protect the rim, while also exploiting his biggest weakness in defending in space.

It's the exact reason you haven't seen Javale out there against the Pelicans. If Javale can't guard in space against a team who's sole purpose is to space the floor, then why have him out there?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about guarding Capela. It's about what he does when the Rockets run the high pick and roll. Javale is not good in guarding in space. He's a great rim protector. Looney is a good defender in space on bigs, but not the rim protector Javale is.

Problem is putting those two guys together to play doesn't solve the problem. It's not like the Rockets are going to say "hey they have Looney in. he's a good defender in space so let's attack him in the pick and roll."

If you have Javale out there, the Rockets will drag him away from the hoop. You just took away his greatest strength in being able to protect the rim, while also exploiting his biggest weakness in defending in space.

It's the exact reason you haven't seen Javale out there against the Pelicans. If Javale can't guard in space against a team who's sole purpose is to space the floor, then why have him out there?

Exactly.

McGee guards Capella and they put him in ball screens every single possession.

When Looney is in, they may attack differently because Looney can defend a ball screen.

The Rockets certainly aren't posting Capella with McGee guarding him.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No!

McGee was almost unplayable in the Finals last year because Lebron would wave for a pick&roll to whoever McGee was guarding. Then Lebron would force the switch. (without McGee -- he would mostly do this to Curry's man)