• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2) Cleveland Cavaliers vs 7) Indiana Pacers

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line, if you are the Warriors, Spurs or Cavs...your season is a bust if you don't win the title.

Agree and I think the Rockets are for real, but they have to play the Spurs so yah lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just think thats horseshit spewed by haters and alarmists. but thats simply just my opinion- though i think some other people share it as well. shane and mskings and tjl for example- though i dont want to explicitly speak for them.

The thing about Lebron is he WILL get the team ready when they are needed most and Kyrie will be ready like last year. They don't always just run through the playoffs like it's a piece of cake. Nothing will compare to last year, it was a magical run. I think if God forbide the Cavs lose in the Finals to the Warriors, everyone will be like "told you, their defense wasn't elite so they didn't win". This is the most elite offense we have ever seen with KD and still great without him. The fact is when you have Lebron anything can happen. He might be playing the best basketball of his career.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this whole "exceeds" expectations thing is stupid to me though.

It's not stupid at all. If a team exceeding expectations means nothing more than doing better than expected. It's that simple. It doesn't necessarily mean success, it just means better than expected.

If you expect to make $25,000 dollars in a year- and you end up making $50,000 thats all well and good- you exceeded your expectations.

id rather be the guy that expected to make a $100,000 and made a $100,000 though.

Of course, you'd rather be the guy expected to make $100,000 and meet those expectations. Who wouldn't? But in the end, he did exactly what was expected.

But the guy who was expecting to make $25,000 and ended up making $50,000 was also successful and exceeded his expectations. It tends to show that he is moving in the right direction and can one day be the guy expected to make $100,000 if he keeps working at it.

The Celtics exceeded their expectations which gives them hope that, if they keep moving in the right direction, they can one day (like the Cavs now) be the team that expects to win a title.

I think your view is a little skewed because Lebron's return moved the Cavs from the guy making $25,000 and anything more than that is exceeding expectations, to the guy expected to make $100,000 literally overnight. That's not how it usually happens. It essentially allowed the Cavs to skip part of the building process.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Cavs lose in 7 though in the Finals will you still have enjoyed thes eason though?

Last year? Of course, but them holding up that trophy was something I have waited a long time to see.

Reactions: TJL

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not stupid at all. If a team exceeding expectations means nothing more than doing better than expected. It's that simple. It doesn't necessarily mean success, it just means better than expected.

Of course, you'd rather be the guy expected to make $100,000 and meet those expectations. Who wouldn't? But in the end, he did exactly what was expected.

But the guy who was expecting to make $25,000 and ended up making $50,000 was also successful and exceeded his expectations. It tends to show that he is moving in the right direction and can one day be the guy expected to make $100,000 if he keeps working at it.

The Celtics exceeded their expectations which gives them hope that, if they keep moving in the right direction, they can one day (like the Cavs now) be the team that expects to win a title.

I think your view is a little skewed because Lebron's return moved the Cavs from the guy making $25,000 and anything more than that is exceeding expectations, to the guy expected to make $100,000 literally overnight. That's not how it usually happens. It essentially allowed the Cavs to skip part of the building process.

I agree with the theory but I don't agree the C's are moving in the right direction. Maybe they caught a bad matchup and they weren't the favorite in the East but anytime you lose in the first round things need to change. I think as an organization the C's are moving in the right direction but moves need to be made. I just don't think draft picks is enough to change this team right now.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nah- its a bottom line business

you have to be out of your mind to think someone making 50K did better than someone making 100k.

i mean- i can applaud a team for improvement- but at the end of the day- its the bottom line that matters.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with a touch of tanking the last few games....
"tanking"?

i think you mean resting.

Which was done to help them try and reach their ultimate goal.

their goal wasnt to win as many regular season games as they could- we saw the Warriors win more than anyone in HISTORY last year- and what did it get them? -- Watching the Cavs sip champagne on their home court.

Ill guarantee you the Warriors would have preffered to win 48 games and win the title- than 73 wins- because at the end of the day- the regular season just doesnt mean much. Not in a league where over HALF the teams make the playoffs.

I cant fault any team for doing what they think gives them the best chance to win. Whether thats tanking, resting guys, etc.

Reactions: TJL

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
totally agree-

however- that doesnt mean that its not fun as hell to watch the Cavs go deep into the playoffs in a year-in-year-out basis

No doubt. When the Lakers were winning titles and making deep playoff runs, it was always fun. Even the seasons when they didn't win a title. Imo, there are few things more fun in sports than watching your team make deep playoff runs.

I'd rather my team make the playoffs and lose somewhere along the way, than not make them at all (even if I am having fun watching the Lakers kids develop lol).

i dont think ANY Cavs fan expects the Cavs to win 5-6 titles if LeBron is here for 7-8 years in this - his 2nd stint.

but if he wins 2-3 titles, and makes 5-6 Finals- itll be a helluva run and tons of fun for the us fans- and will also cement him as one of the - if not the greatest to ever play.

All-time rankings are pretty subjective to anyone listing them. Personally, I have Lebron as #4 and don't really see any way I would ever put him lower. However, for me to move him up, he has to finish his career with at least a .500 record and preferably a better than .500 record in the finals, which I just don't see happening. Not with the current CBA.

Im torn.

Half of my thinks that all the adversity and hardship this team has faced- from Channings parents both dying this year- to JR smiths daughter- to all the injuries- to all the scrutiny- will bring them together. The other half of me thinks maybe this just isnt there year.

In order to win a championship- no matter who you are- you have to catch some breaks here or there. Its yet to be seen who will catch those breaks.

The Cavs have the talent and know how to reach and win the finals. Especially if they pick up some breaks along the way. The adversity they have been through can be a double edged sword.

Championship teams all overcome some sort of adversity. But there is definitely a point where it's just too much to overcome, no matter how much a team pulls together.

What is worrisome re: the Cavs, imo, is the fact that they have had so much adversity along with all of the deep playoff runs (especially by Lebron). There's a point where the team is just physically and emotionally drained.

If the Cavs overcome all that they have been through this season and win another title, I guarantee I will be the first to congratulate them.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just think thats horseshit spewed by haters and alarmists. but thats simply just my opinion- though i think some other people share it as well. shane and mskings and tjl for example- though i dont want to explicitly speak for them.

It's not horseshit at all. The Cavs are the favorites to come out of the East, but the defense they have been playing makes them look more vulnerable than they have since Lebron returned. It's really not that difficult to figure out. All you have to do is look at their defense last year vs. this year. There's been an obvious significant drop off.

We're not talking about the defense giving up 2-3 more points per game. We're talking about 9 points per game. That's significant.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the theory but I don't agree the C's are moving in the right direction. Maybe they caught a bad matchup and they weren't the favorite in the East but anytime you lose in the first round things need to change. I think as an organization the C's are moving in the right direction but moves need to be made. I just don't think draft picks is enough to change this team right now.

They are headed in the right direction. You have to put their seeding in perspective. They got the #1 seed for 2 reasons...the East is weak and the Cavs didn't need it. Remember, the C's may be #1 in the East, but their overall record put them at 3rd or 4th in the league.

If the East were as strong as the West, they would likely have finished seeded around 4-6 where a 1st round loss wouldn't look nearly as bad.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"tanking"?

i think you mean resting.

Which was done to help them try and reach their ultimate goal.

their goal wasnt to win as many regular season games as they could- we saw the Warriors win more than anyone in HISTORY last year- and what did it get them? -- Watching the Cavs sip champagne on their home court.

Ill guarantee you the Warriors would have preffered to win 48 games and win the title- than 73 wins- because at the end of the day- the regular season just doesnt mean much. Not in a league where over HALF the teams make the playoffs.

I cant fault any team for doing what they think gives them the best chance to win. Whether thats tanking, resting guys, etc.
So you start out saying they were "resting" then end it with kind of admitting they might have tanked?? LOL We all know they didn't want to see Miami OR Chi in the first round. In the last week of the season it started to look like by being the 2nd seed they could avoid either match up - and then they ended the season as the #2 seed. Hmmmmm......

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you start out saying they were "resting" then end it with kind of admitting they might have tanked?? LOL We all know they didn't want to see Miami OR Chi in the first round. In the last week of the season it started to look like by being the 2nd seed they could avoid either match up - and then they ended the season as the #2 seed. Hmmmmm......

Or maybe they just felt comfortable being able to beat the Celtshits at home because that had beaten them into bolivian a week prior, and now the Bulls just took a massive shit right in the middle of the Garden lmfao

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing wiggy. The Celtics don't have the expectations that your Cavs have. After the 1st two games I don't expect them to make any sort of a comeback. I think this current Celtics roster has reached it's peak. In the off season Ainge has to change the roster up.
Glad someone here is living in reality....

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtshits ceiling was the ECF

The Cavs ceiling is to win the finals

The problem with all of you fags on this forum, especially Golden shower fans, is that you think it's impossible for the Cavs to beat the Showers, just like you did last year, and now you're telling Cavs fan to snap back to reality, when really it's your candy asses that need check yourselves at the door.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad someone here is living in reality....

wiggy's nonstop rants are over the top. For his sake the Cavs better repeat or he's gonna get the shit he deserves. It's 1 thing to be a fan of team, but he takes it way too far.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wiggy's nonstop rants are over the top. For his sake the Cavs better repeat or he's gonna get the shit he deserves. It's 1 thing to be a fan of team, but he takes it way too far.

The Cavs are going to repeat, DurrrCant just can't beat LeBron.