• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2) Cleveland Cavaliers vs 7) Indiana Pacers

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe, maybe not. point is you, me, or anyone else is never gonna know. we only know what we've seen when he played...

Yes and what we do know is Lebron led the best comeback in Finals history that has never bedn done and he did it against the "best team in NBA history", wins wise and statistically. And this year that team is even better, if they were a superteam before I dont know what to call them. Lebron is superhuman

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, something I find pretty funny is that players back then used to complain about all of the "superstar calls" that MJ would get. I was actually surprised when I looked it up and saw he only averaged 7.7 free throws per game.

The players from back then must look at how the game is called now and just cringe. lol

It pisses me off when Harden gets those calls, all a player does to reach to even put a hand in his face and he flails his arms up, then he gets 3 shots. If that pisses me off, wonder how it makes the players feel.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It pisses me off when Harden gets those calls, all a player does to reach to even put a hand in his face and he flails his arms up, then he gets 3 shots. If that pisses me off, wonder how it makes the players feel.

Exactly.

I don't get pissed at Harden for doing that though (even though I don't like it). I get pissed at the refs for falling for it. It's the offensive version of guys flopping on defense. As long as the refs fall for it, players are going to do it and I can't blame them. You have to exploit every advantage you can get. Especially in the playoffs.

It's easy to stop too. The refs just need to set the tone that they aren't falling for that shit. In games where they do that, it tends to stop pretty quickly.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like that strategy is something new or unique?
They were still down 25.
James still has to play nearly every minute of every game.
The other players still have to make the shots.
It required taking Kyrie, Love and Tristan off the court.

I heard the Cavs had played that 4th qtr lineup a total of 9 minutes all season.

Nothing really changed.

James played a flawless half.
Frye/Korver made some nice shots.
Pacers still suck.

Ill ask again.
Their second and third best players are whom?
Coming off the bench they bring what?
Who defends LeBron?

In future rounds the answer to those questions will actually make a difference.
are you honestly retraded?

there 2nd and 3rd best players are the same guys they won a title with last year- Kyrie and Love- the same guys LeBron ditched Miami for.

i have honestly never seeen someone SO freaking bitter about the success of another team. It cracks me up. I honestly think you blew a microchip on July 11, 2014. lol.

I mean- the Cavs go out and get Kyle Korver- one of the BEST 3 pt shooters in the history of the league to put around LeBron- and he goes 80% from deep to help deliver the biggest comeback in playoff history---- and you are critical?

you need to get a life.

these Cavs vets are PERFECT to play with LeBron- guys that know their roles- that know how to play the game- and most of them can shoot the motha fuckin LIGHTS OUT- Korver, Jefferson , Frye---- a game manager like Dwill.....unbelievable!

I mean- you saw what Dwill could do first hand the other night when he SHREDDED Miami--- of course hes not gonna put up huge numbers when Kyrie/Bron/Love are on the team- but he didnt forget how to paly when he put on a Cavs uniform. It is an extremely versatile bunch of mentally tough vets that each add their own skill....Griffin once again- did a great job.

it helps to have the owner with the biggest wallet in league history backing you though- gotta say that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland Cavaliers' Iman Shumpert didn't score, but made a difference in Game 3: Bill Livingston (photos)

really cool article from Bill Livingston of the Plain Dealer on Shumpert and his impact on the series thus far:

Just before the All-Star Game break, Iman Shumpert was finishing strenuous drills at the Cleveland Cavaliers' practice facility, designed to test his injured ankle.

As reporters talked to coach Tyronn Lue, Shumpert went through defensive close-outs with an assistant coach standing behind the corner 3-point line, shooting jumpers.

Reporters were only a few feet away from the sweating Shumpert. They could graphically see how much ground Shumpert could cover in a stride or two, his explosiveness off the ground even with the sore ankle, his length and his overall athletic ability.

Ferociously defended by Shumpert and J.R. Smith, Indiana's best player, Paul George, was only four for 15 in the second half.

The objection is that this only shows what the team can do when fully committed. While true, the players still are human beings.

Mighty San Antonio, second seeded in the NBA West, with the best coach in the game in Gregg Popovich, took a pasting at Memphis. Boston, the top seed in the East, lost twice at home to Chicago, the lowest seed. The third Eastern seed, Toronto, trails sixth-seeded Milwaukee, 2-1.

Why not Shump?

After Shumpert was stapled to Tyronn Lue's bench throughout the opening game, in both the second and third games, his defense made a major difference.

When George scored 29 points in Game 1, benching Shumpert became a hard decision to defend. Shumpert has the size at 6-5 and strength at 220 pounds to bother George.

Shumpert has the quickest hands outside a convention of pickpockets. His strip steal on George led to an Aroldis Chapman fastball of a dunk by James for a 100-98 fourth quarter lead.

During the regular season, he was third on the team in steals with 62. James had 92 in 857 more minutes than Shumpert. Kyrie Irving had 83 in 588 more minutes.

How hard is his job? "Injuries come from the way I play," he said. "I get run into picks down low. I'm slapping at the ball."

He is a quick healer. So is good defense for what ails the Cavs.

Iman Shumpert didn't take a shot or score a point Thursday in 14 minutes. He has only five points in 34 minutes in the series.

Only the foolish think he hasn't mattered.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland Cavaliers' Iman Shumpert didn't score, but made a difference in Game 3: Bill Livingston (photos)

really cool article from Bill Livingston of the Plain Dealer on Shumpert and his impact on the series thus far:

Just before the All-Star Game break, Iman Shumpert was finishing strenuous drills at the Cleveland Cavaliers' practice facility, designed to test his injured ankle.

As reporters talked to coach Tyronn Lue, Shumpert went through defensive close-outs with an assistant coach standing behind the corner 3-point line, shooting jumpers.

Reporters were only a few feet away from the sweating Shumpert. They could graphically see how much ground Shumpert could cover in a stride or two, his explosiveness off the ground even with the sore ankle, his length and his overall athletic ability.

Ferociously defended by Shumpert and J.R. Smith, Indiana's best player, Paul George, was only four for 15 in the second half.

The objection is that this only shows what the team can do when fully committed. While true, the players still are human beings.

Mighty San Antonio, second seeded in the NBA West, with the best coach in the game in Gregg Popovich, took a pasting at Memphis. Boston, the top seed in the East, lost twice at home to Chicago, the lowest seed. The third Eastern seed, Toronto, trails sixth-seeded Milwaukee, 2-1.

Why not Shump?

After Shumpert was stapled to Tyronn Lue's bench throughout the opening game, in both the second and third games, his defense made a major difference.

When George scored 29 points in Game 1, benching Shumpert became a hard decision to defend. Shumpert has the size at 6-5 and strength at 220 pounds to bother George.

Shumpert has the quickest hands outside a convention of pickpockets. His strip steal on George led to an Aroldis Chapman fastball of a dunk by James for a 100-98 fourth quarter lead.

During the regular season, he was third on the team in steals with 62. James had 92 in 857 more minutes than Shumpert. Kyrie Irving had 83 in 588 more minutes.

How hard is his job? "Injuries come from the way I play," he said. "I get run into picks down low. I'm slapping at the ball."

He is a quick healer. So is good defense for what ails the Cavs.

Iman Shumpert didn't take a shot or score a point Thursday in 14 minutes. He has only five points in 34 minutes in the series.

Only the foolish think he hasn't mattered.

53031552.jpg

Because I didn't read your comment.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats cool...i understand reading what is really a brief newspaper article isnt for everyone.

I mean - when you see an actual BOOK do you scream and run the other way? lol.

Or. more likely, no one gives a fuck and you can stop spamming the board with that shit.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats cool...i understand reading what is really a brief newspaper article isnt for everyone.

I mean - when you see an actual BOOK do you scream and run the other way? lol.

Oh wiggy don't be so wack. Besides anytime you post something as long as that comment I know you're just pimping up yer Cavs. Hey can you get me Dan Gilberts autograph?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, he really does. After writing multiple 15,000 word novella's telling everyone how the past doesn't matter. Suddenly, it's all that matters. That's not hypocrisy in WiggyWorld though.
5-10, ESPECIALLY 20-30 years ago? DEFINITELY DOESNT MATTER - it has no relevancy on what is happening right now

what happened last year? I absolutely think what happened in the playoffs last year can give you guidance and a flavor for what can happen this year. Its all relative. I mean- if i was going to decide between- what gives me a better indicator on what might happen THIS year- either 2 regular season games vs. the Warriors- OR- the NBA Finals- of course its going to be the NBA Finals. Is it definitive? of course not- but last year isnt irrelvant like 5-10 years and ESPECIALLY 20-30-40- years ago IS DEFINITELY irrelevant.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh wiggy don't be so wack. Besides anytime you post something as long as that comment I know you're just pimping up yer Cavs. Hey can you get me Dan Gilberts autograph?
lol- i just have a pet-peeve against people who think reading is a chore.

I think the dumbest people in the world are the assholes that BRAG about how they dont read- "I havent read a book since high school"--- if you hear that from someone- you instantly know they are just a step or two above legal mental retardation status.

I read A TON- books, newspapers, online articles....its how im so smart ;) well- that and natural intelligence :eek::rolleyes2:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what happened last year? I absolutely think what happened in the playoffs last year can give you guidance and a flavor for what can happen this year.

You mean like how last year the Cavs only gave up 98 points per game and this year they gave up 107 points per game means nothing.

But the fact that they won last year somehow does?

Last edited:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wiggy be like...

:blah::blah::blah: LeBron is awesome

:blah::blah::blah: Dan Gilbert's the bestest owner ever

:blah::blah::blah: Tristan Thompson's the only real C in the league

:blah::blah::blah: Pat Riley's the suckiest suck that's ever sucked

:blah::blah::blah: Kyrie's right the Earth is flat

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol- i just have a pet-peeve against people who think reading is a chore.

I think the dumbest people in the world are the assholes that BRAG about how they dont read- "I havent read a book since high school"--- if you hear that from someone- you instantly know they are just a step or two above legal mental retardation status.

I read A TON- books, newspapers, online articles....its how im so smart ;) well- that and natural intelligence :eek::rolleyes2:

Who the hell said reading's a chore? You know what my pet peeve is? Your fuckin' nonstop ass kissing Cavs rants.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wiggy be like...

:blah::blah::blah: LeBron is awesome

:blah::blah::blah: Dan Gilbert's the bestest owner ever

:blah::blah::blah: Tristan Thompson's the only real C in the league

:blah::blah::blah: Pat Riley's the suckiest suck that's ever sucked

:blah::blah::blah: Kyrie's right the Earth is flat
cmon- at least come correct

Pat Riley USED to be good. Now he is a wiley-vet throwing 79 mph knuckle-curves....the Curt Schilling fastball left him a long time ago.

and Tristan isnt a natural center- hes just versatile enough to play there so the Cavs dont have to invest precious cap space in a flub like Mozgov. As you can see- none of the best teams in the league have a highly paid natural center- its a waste.

Kyrie can say whatever the hell he wants to after this:

maxresdefault.jpg

if Kyrie said that LeBron was really an alien- i wouldnt question him- in my mind - after making that shot- he can say and do whatever the fuck he wants to. lol.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cmon- at least come correct

Pat Riley USED to be good. Now he is a wiley-vet throwing 79 mph knuckle-curves....the Curt Schilling fastball left him a long time ago.

and Tristan isnt a natural center- hes just versatile enough to play there so the Cavs dont have to invest precious cap space in a flub like Mozgov. As you can see- none of the best teams in the league have a highly paid natural center- its a waste.

Kyrie can say whatever the hell he wants to after this:

maxresdefault.jpg

if Kyrie said that LeBron was really an alien- i wouldnt question him- in my mind - after making that shot- he can say and do whatever the fuck he wants to. lol.

imagesweqqwe.jpg

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss ...

This is very scary but you kinda make sense to me when I'm stoned.