• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2) Boston Celtics vs 7) Brooklyn Nets

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the national conversation on Ben Simmons has finally caught up to where Philly was 8 months ago. Remember when some people blamed Philly fans and media for causing Ben Simmons to stop playing, saying it was all due to Philly, and a change of scenery would change everything?

No. He doesn't want to play basketball, that's the bottom line with this guy.

We have seen since his LSU days that he likes the fame, rewards and attention of being a star basketball player more than the game itself. He has zero passion for basketball despite his immense physical talent. But he likes money and Kardashians and gaudy outfits.

Last edited:

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point i was making yesterday. This is on the nets imo

How much of that is Ben and his agents though? All these leaks about Ben reportedly being close to playing. I think a lot of that wasn't coming from the Nets, it was coming from his camp. They have engineered a steady stream of headlines to keep his name in the conversation ever since last year's playoffs. I think they knew he was never playing (may never play again in fact) but were looking to steal another $30 mil this year by pretending that this man might still play basketball.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has to be the Nets not wanting to fuck up chemistry.

Shit is crazy….

Heat have Olidipo on their bench but he just came back from an injury. Didn’t they lose several games when they tried to fit him into the rotation? Chemistry!

With Simmons, I honestly don’t know. Part of me thinks he’s just a pussy, the other part is bad coaching/CHEMISTRY.

I don't think this can be put on bad coaching. Simmons return to the court doesn't depend on the coaches decision.

As far as chemistry, I think the Nets have had very little this season. But that's on Kyrie's anti-vaxx stance. The team chemistry would have been better had he returned sooner. But once again Kyrie put himself ahead of the team.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What team is the only one to eliminate KD in the 1st round?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one? You may be right. Why he’s not on the floor is him. I agree with you guys that he has an issue. I hope he gets better. I don’t want to see the guy ruin a career that we all should be able to enjoy.
Philadelphia should have used the Sunnis in west Philly to end his basketball life. But this is almost better.:lol:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m going to rewatch the highlights but there was a play where Brown went coast to coast on this Nets team and I was like WTF?

Last years spazzy Simmons would be a big time contributor, even for 20 mins.
Spazzy ? you must have meant puzzy

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the all over the place comments Nash has made are because that is exactly how dealing with Simmons has been
Ben and his camp lie to the organization and they lie to the media. Makes it tough on any coach.

It took Doc Rivers a whole year to finally say "Fuck ben simmons that soft ass bitch that can't shoot."

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, hella confused.

What’s messed up is I KNOW he would flourish playing next to Durant and Irving.
Not in the playoffs when real basketball games start.

He's a loafer. Made for the regular season but even too much of a pussy to give it a go during the 82 game exhibition period.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Simmons becoming a Fox News meme to incite right wingers? Example of bums who don't want to work no more???