• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1st Round: LA Lakers vs Portland Trailblazers

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will go unnoticed, but we had Dame on lock, the whole 2nd half...until he well, exploded

CJ did a great job taking the scoring load in the 3rd.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing giving me life right now is watching Twitter torch bumass Danny Green and KCP.

Like this

Raptors fans watching Danny Green miss threes in the playoffs:

Rick-Dalton-Pointing-Is-a-New-Meme-Because-Thats-Where-We-Are.jpg

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe stop playing KCP and Danny Green when they keep clanking it off the side of the backboard (literally). Like that Kendrick Perkins tweet from earlier, you gotta play Waiters (Perk is trash, how the hell do I end up agreeing with him). After 1 half of watching those two vomit all over the court, both Waiter and JR Smith should have got some time. It's not like they could play any worse

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If AD would actually use his speed advantage, he can expose Portland when they go with Nurk and Hassan at the same time

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If AD would actually use his speed advantage, he can expose Portland when they go with Nurk and Hassan at the same time
That, and frank Vogel has to counter that lineup with Ad and Morris. Javale completely clogs up the lane when he plays with AD

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe stop playing KCP and Danny Green when they keep clanking it off the side of the backboard (literally). Like that Kendrick Perkins tweet from earlier, you gotta play Waiters (Perk is trash, how the hell do I end up agreeing with him). After 1 half of watching those two vomit all over the court, both Waiter and JR Smith should have got some time. It's not like they could play any worse

Waiters needs to play.

But KCP and Green are by far the best defensive options on McCollum and Lillard. Caruso can guard them too. But fact is, whether they are hitting shots or not, they are needed for their defense in this series.

So, they need to hit some shots if the Lakers are going to win.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn’t panic time for the Lakers, but they need to play a lot better.

Blazers are definitely good enough to beat them.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA is not going to allow the Portland Trailblazers to beat the LA Lakers and not have a Lakers/Clippers conference finals

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's to hoping portland protestors blow the doors of Lil Bitch Jimmy and his L. A. social justice warriors

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny Green looks lost- and has looked lost all during the bubble.

One of the things that I heard over the last couple months is that young guys just still have that natural athleticism. There of course was an argument that vets will be better prepared- but a lot of vets need time to get their games going and getting in a groove.

We saw the Suns- a very young team just kind of rely on their athletic ability and natural talent and just kind of jump off. I know that personally- when i was 21- i could walk on a softball field and hit bombs--- now if i want to be decent at all it takes a lot of practice- while that is not a perfect analogy i think the point is right.

That and Danny Green is 33 years old now.

The Lakers need him to be good with Rondo and Bradley still not available.

i think it was encouraging for the Lakers to hold the Blazers to 100 points- i thought the Blazers would have to score a lot more points to win these games.

In some ways its also encouraging for the Lakers that they shot 5/32 from 3 and were still in the game.

I almost want to say play Morris more- but the thing is the Lakers front court is very deep- there just might not be minutes there.

as everyone expected- the back court has been the problem.