• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1st Round: LA Lakers vs Portland Trailblazers

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just not sure you could pay all 3 + Ibaka. Plus Harden was coming off the bench, that wouldn't have lasted long either way with his talent.

They certainly could have deployed players a lot better. Brooks almost never used his best lineup because he was giving way too many minutes to washed Fisher and washed Perkins.

This lineup:

Westbrook
Harden
Durant
Sefolosha
Ibaka

Would have allowed OKC to beat Miami, IMO.

Perkins should have never seen the court in that series. His skill set was completely unnecessary against Miami.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just not sure you could pay all 3 + Ibaka. Plus Harden was coming off the bench, that wouldn't have lasted long either way with his talent.
I agree, but as I recall, Hardin was the first to want a huge contract and the Thunder wanted to play for little in team spirit.. Its a business, and if they had kept Hardin,. Westbrook and Durant, They could have won a few.. They simply underestimated Hardins talent imo

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They certainly could have deployed players a lot better. Brooks almost never used his best lineup because he was giving way too many minutes to washed Fisher and washed Perkins.

This lineup:

Westbrook
Harden
Durant
Sefolosha
Ibaka

Would have allowed OKC to beat Miami, IMO.

Perkins should have never seen the court in that series. His skill set was completely unnecessary against Miami.
They would have had a title or two, but they weren't willing to spend the money
I don't think anyone, myself included, thought that the Lakers could put the lock on Portland's offense like they did.

They were averaging what? About 130ppg? The Lakers held them to 106.6ppg.

Even in the game the Blazers won, they only scored 100.
I had my doubts on their defense for sure