• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1st Round: LA Lakers vs Portland Trailblazers

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers so erybody knows, jus sayin they win the series, no hot takes.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers sweep. They will be focused and want the rest between series.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers in 6. Had Portland been a middle of the road defensive team then they would have had a great chance to win this series imo
exactly my thought. Lakers in 6.

My heart wants to say something different but the Blazers just cant guard LeBron and AD. Only way the Blazers have a chance is if they can consistently score in the 120's.

if the Lakers defense is as bad as it has been, and they continue to be ice cold from 3, then things could change.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly my thought. Lakers in 6.

My heart wants to say something different but the Blazers just cant guard LeBron and AD. Only way the Blazers have a chance is if they can consistently score in the 120's.

if the Lakers defense is as bad as it has been, and they continue to be ice cold from 3, then things could change.

Remember last year when you said LeBron's legacy would be ruined if he couldn't drag an injured Lakers squad to the playoffs? That was funny.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you ain't sayin' he was WRONG...

...are you...?:dhd:

wiggy be wrong? Not the fella that said Mayfield's a bigger sports icon in Cleveland than LAbron. Remember when he would swing from LAbron's nuts like they were a jungle gym? Pimping him up 24/7. Only to turn around and become his biggest critic.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wiggy be wrong? Not the fella that said Mayfield's a bigger sports icon in Cleveland than LAbron. Remember when he would swing from LAbron's nuts like they were a jungle gym? Pimping him up 24/7. Only to turn around and become his biggest critic.

what's the word we're looking for? Hippo, Hypo, hypothesis, Hypocrite...?

might be the last one...:lol:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think that makes the most sense. Dame is on a roll and should be able to get a couple but who covers AD and LeBron on the Blazers? They just dont have the wings to pull off the upset.

Now in todays NBA, if one team gets hot from 3 and another team gets cold anything can happen- and the Lakers depleted back court and Danny Green being ice cold from 3 leave some intrigue in this series,

but at the end of the day the Lakers have 2 of the top players in the league and the Blazers defense matches up very poorly against those 2 guys.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers defense has been non existent in the last few games. They really are going to miss not having Bradley this series.

offense has been sporadic to say the least, and they are dead last in 3’s in the bubble.

there is no home court advantage and no fans to help motivate the teams.

this series can go either way. If Dame stays hot and the Lakers remain cold and terrible on D, Blazers will win.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers defense has been non existent in the last few games. They really are going to miss not having Bradley this series.

offense has been sporadic to say the least, and they are dead last in 3’s in the bubble.

there is no home court advantage and no fans to help motivate the teams.

this series can go either way. If Dame stays hot and the Lakers remain cold and terrible on D, Blazers will win.
3 pt shooting could make or break the series but i just keep coming back to the fact that the Blazers just cant cover LeBron and ESPECIALLY AD.

Who covers AD on the Blazers? AD could score a rather effortless 35 on a nightly basis- esp. if LeBron gets him the ball in the right spots.

the Lakers do need contributions from Kuzma and Green from 3.....if those 2 cant hit any 3's then the series gets interesting.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers perform a gentleman's sweep in 5 games....could do it in 4 games if they wanted to go all out.

I don’t think so.

This Blazers team may be the best 8 seed I have ever seen.

And the Knicks made it to the Finals as an 8 1 year.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers will probably win, but I expect the Blazers to give them a good scare.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think so.

Been following the NBA since 1970. I can't think of one that comes close. Including that Knicks team.

If the Blazers were healthy all season, they're likely right in that top 4 in the West mix.

Not having Ariza hurts them like not having Bradley hurts the Lakers. Ariza could at least get in Lebron's way here and there.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers will probably win, but I expect the Blazers to give them a good scare.

I expect 6 tough games and I wouldn't be shocked if the Blazers take game 1.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You have to keep in mind the Lakers weren’t giving it their best shot. After that first game against the Clippers, all of their games were pretty much meaningless.

Guys like Quinn Cook, Dudley, Horton-Tucker we’re getting 20 minutes per game while the starters sat out multiple games

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think so.

thats some major hyperbole.

Golden State was better when they upset the Mavs- the Knicks were better--- the West almost always has a good team in the 8 seed.

The Blazers are good but lets keep in mind they were just fighting their balls off with the Grizz and Suns for the last playoff spot. LAst year the Clippers won 48 games as the 8th seed- year before Minne won 47. The '13-'14 Mavs were the 8th seed- and won 49 games and were a helluva team. The RW/Durant Thunder, when they were young, won 50 games and were the 8th seed and pushed the eventual NBA Champion Lakers to 6 games.

the Blazers are good but this is a team that starts Carmelo Anthony and Zach Collins. Who is their best bench player? Gary Trent Jr? Their bench is ATROCIOUS.

they have 3 players who are at least solidly above average NBA players.