• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1st Round: LA Clippers vs Dallas Mavericks

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep would be interested to know their record in close games, expected with a young team but either way...no excuses by the refs to eject him. Lets put it this way...if it was Kawhi, would he be ejected? 100% no way.

They aren’t that good in clutch games. Nobody wants to take that late game shot nor do they play defense very well. Losing Powell was big. Wiley-Stein opting out didn’t help either. They’ll need another big in the off season. Hopefully a big name free agent.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying the Mavs would've won had Porzingas stayed on the floor, but the refs are dick heads for ejecting him. Horrible.

Oh well, only one game in a 7 game series.

I disagree man.

They had a chance to set the tone for the series with a win last night.

The Clippers are better and deeper.

Sure, it is just 1 game, but the Mavs were always going to need to get a couple lucky breaks to win the series. This was an opportunity they couldn’t afford to miss, IMO.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree man.

Sure, it is just 1 game, but the Mavs were always going to need to get a couple lucky breaks to win the series. This was an opportunity they couldn’t afford to miss, IMO.

what exactly do you disagree with? They had a chance, sure, but that chance took a deep kick in the nutz when Porzingas got ejected.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what exactly do you disagree with? They had a chance, sure, but that chance took a deep kick in the nutz when Porzingas got ejected.

I disagree it is only 1 game.

I think they needed to win it to have a chance in the series.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree man.

It reminds me of Game 1 of the 2015 Finals when Lebron didn't have Kyrie or Love but Kyrie played G1, they lost in OT. Then they won the next two...I know things would have been different in Games 2 & 3 if they win that first game...but it was a huge game. This is a young team...this series is over now. I think they can still take a game or two but I feel they set the tone, like you said, with a win.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they can still take a game or two but I feel they set the tone, like you said, with a win.

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree.

For a lower seeded team, especially a young one like the Mavs, to pull off an upset...getting game 1 is almost mandatory.

Basically, the Mavs likely now have the Clippers full attention, but don't have the 1-0 lead to show for it.

Imo, the Mavs have one chance and it's not a good one. During the season, the Clips didn't appear to be on the same page a lot of the time.

When the league shut down, they looked like they were just starting to get it together on the floor. Then it got interrupted.

If they are still trying to get their chemistry and get on the same page, then the Mavs might still be able to pull off an upset.

But that's a longshot at best.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm inclined to agree.

For a lower seeded team, especially a young one like the Mavs, to pull off an upset...getting game 1 is almost mandatory.

Basically, the Mavs likely now have the Clippers full attention, but don't have the 1-0 lead to show for it.

Imo, the Mavs have one chance and it's not a good one. During the season, the Clips didn't appear to be on the same page a lot of the time.

When the league shut down, they looked like they were just starting to get it together on the floor. Then it got interrupted.

If they are still trying to get their chemistry and get on the same page, then the Mavs might still be able to pull off an upset.

But that's a longshot at best.

Yeah, I don’t think anybody expected the Mavs to actually win this series, but definitely less likely now given not just that they lost, but the way they did.

That game was available for the taking. Porzingas ejection was really unfortunate.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts on the Porzingis ejection.

Weak ejection. Weak tech. Ref was put in a tough spot.

Kristaps should thank Luka for that ejection though. If Luka hadn’t reacted like Morris was trying to steal his purse, Kristaps wouldn’t have felt the need to come defend him. Luka is an emotional player. I get that. He needs to tame that emotion a bit because he’s starting to come across as dramatic diva. There was no need to react like that to something that minor.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right...it was more than one game. They should just go home.

I mean, not going to go that far.

But they probably lose the series in 5 now.

Had they won game 1, good chance it goes the distance.

That game was huge.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts on the Porzingis ejection.

Weak ejection. Weak tech. Ref was put in a tough spot.

Kristaps should thank Luka for that ejection though. If Luka hadn’t reacted like Morris was trying to steal his purse, Kristaps wouldn’t have felt the need to come defend him. Luka is an emotional player. I get that. He needs to tame that emotion a bit because he’s starting to come across as dramatic diva. There was no need to react like that to something that minor.
He got thrown after the whistle and turned to ask what the problem was. Not seeing too much drama from Luka on that.

Refs shit the bed.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mavs are impressive as fuck