• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1st Round: 4) Cavs vs 5) Knicks

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played a game in NY as well
That’s probably the best situation of the 4 games to use in trying to “see” the series. It was close and low scoring just like playoffs. And you had everybody from both squads participating. Didn’t check schedule thoroughly though to see if it was a back to back for anybody.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No clue. No prediction for me on any Cavs series. I think it goes 6 or 7 though
yah I have no clue what to expect out of the Cavs- I def. think they are more talented......but both the coaching staff and the vast majority of the team have a lot to learn about playoff basketball.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It obviously is not a big of loss as Randle- but I do think not having Okoro is a loss for the Cavs. He has started a lot of the year and really helps them defensively take the load of Mitchell and Garland.

He missed the last 6 games....I hope the time has helped him get back to some state of health. When he has played well the Cavs can go to a different level- and he had some nice moments down the stretch for the Cavs before he got hurt

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No clue. No prediction for me on any Cavs series. I think it goes 6 or 7 though

Might be wrong but think the Cavs won the only game Allen played.

Other than a sweep no outcome would surprise me that much

yah I have no clue what to expect out of the Cavs- I def. think they are more talented......but both the coaching staff and the vast majority of the team have a lot to learn about playoff basketball.
Where are the picks from Cavs fans?
A5CB5357-AE49-458F-8915-4571050A10E2.jpeg

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are the picks from Cavs fans?
View attachment 325883
I think the game where Brunson dropped almost 50 and the Knicks won without Randle is giving me some pause.

Cavs won 51 games and have talent - but I dont like that they are favorites, i dont like the inexperience of the coach and i dont like the inexperience of mobley and garland. Allen is better than RObinson but matches up fairly well with Allen and is a good offensvie rebounder.

Hart and Quickly are def. playing better than anyone on the Cavs bench- and if Okoro does not play and LeVert gets put in the starting lineup the bench gets shallower.

I get worried when the Cavs just play "who's turn" with Garland and Mitchell at the end of games instead of moving the ball.

What they need to do to win?

1. Mitchell needs to be the best player on the court.

2. Mobley has to be aggressive AND they need to get him involved

3. They need to move the ball and not fall into a stagnant offense where Mitchell and Garland go 1 on 5.

4. MOST IMPORTANTLY- they cant go into this series with the mind set that htey are the favorite and should win. I think itll be tempting ESPECIALLY with the Randle injury. When they have had that "favorite" mentality they often start slow and sometimes lose focus. They have to be locked in and play like no one gives them a chance.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the game where Brunson dropped almost 50 and the Knicks won without Randle is giving me some pause.

Cavs won 51 games and have talent - but I dont like that they are favorites, i dont like the inexperience of the coach and i dont like the inexperience of mobley and garland. Allen is better than RObinson but matches up fairly well with Allen and is a good offensvie rebounder.

Hart and Quickly are def. playing better than anyone on the Cavs bench- and if Okoro does not play and LeVert gets put in the starting lineup the bench gets shallower.

I get worried when the Cavs just play "who's turn" with Garland and Mitchell at the end of games instead of moving the ball.

What they need to do to win?

1. Mitchell needs to be the best player on the court.

2. Mobley has to be aggressive AND they need to get him involved

3. They need to move the ball and not fall into a stagnant offense where Mitchell and Garland go 1 on 5.

4. MOST IMPORTANTLY- they cant go into this series with the mind set that htey are the favorite and should win. I think itll be tempting ESPECIALLY with the Randle injury. When they have had that "favorite" mentality they often start slow and sometimes lose focus. They have to be locked in and play like no one gives them a chance.
First to @fightinfunbags I haven't picked my team to win a big game or series since The Fumble game in 1987.

as to this analysis agree with a lot of it and really hope the experts are picking the Cavs for reasons you gave.

*I think Levert will come off the bench regardless with either Wade or maybe even Green starting if Okoro cannot go. He just fits much better coming off the bench it seems. Not sure Hart or Quickley are playing better than Levert. But whoever you have as 2nd between them is better than our second best bench player.

*agree need to get Mobley more involved but some of that IS him needing to be aggressive. I recall one of the later games the guy had the ball a number of times in the paint and he passed out of it, especially in the 4th qtr. Even more maddening as I needed 2 more points from him to hit on a parlay and never got it.

*So true about 3.....then again, if Mitchell is hitting like he has been in many games it's hard to want him to shoot less. The 12-33 games I can live without, but if he's at 12-21 (or better) by all means take more shots. I think an argument could be made Garland needs to play as well as Mitchell. Maybe not score more but get to 8-10 assists, especially if it means feeding the bigs for easy shots.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs in 6.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First to @fightinfunbags I haven't picked my team to win a big game or series since The Fumble game in 1987.

as to this analysis agree with a lot of it and really hope the experts are picking the Cavs for reasons you gave.

*I think Levert will come off the bench regardless with either Wade or maybe even Green starting if Okoro cannot go. He just fits much better coming off the bench it seems. Not sure Hart or Quickley are playing better than Levert. But whoever you have as 2nd between them is better than our second best bench player.

*agree need to get Mobley more involved but some of that IS him needing to be aggressive. I recall one of the later games the guy had the ball a number of times in the paint and he passed out of it, especially in the 4th qtr. Even more maddening as I needed 2 more points from him to hit on a parlay and never got it.

*So true about 3.....then again, if Mitchell is hitting like he has been in many games it's hard to want him to shoot less. The 12-33 games I can live without, but if he's at 12-21 (or better) by all means take more shots. I think an argument could be made Garland needs to play as well as Mitchell. Maybe not score more but get to 8-10 assists, especially if it means feeding the bigs for easy shots.
Playoffs can be great for a guy like Mobley. He’s going to learn through familiarity of the opponent that he is a matchup nightmare and he will have something that he can exploit over and over and over again in the series. I love that kid and hope he continues to rise.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited:

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lotsa words from @Wiggy and @dtgold88 but did either make a pick yet for this series?
It looks like they’re predicting that a series will be played between the Cleveland Cavaliers and the New York Knickerbockers. After that…who knows.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like they’re predicting that a series will be played between the Cleveland Cavaliers and the New York Knickerbockers. After that…who knows.
Walls of text all year from Wiggy and he can't go on record because what if he's wrong?

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they may be frightened of the wrath of Pasta.
Well can you blame them?
No one knows more about sports, or the NBA, than pasta....but specifically the Knicks....he's like a guru.
He's never wrong with his prognosticating. His pinpoint analysis is bar none legendary.

:dhd:

Last edited:

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well can you blame them?
No one knows more about sports, or the NBA than pasta, but specifically the Knicks. He's like a guru.
He's never wrong with his prognosticating. His pinpoint analysis is bar none legendary.

:dhd:
Pasta was 5th on my MVP ballots. You can’t argue with these stats:
Randall is lazy - 47
Randall doesn’t get calls because officials say he is too strong - 33
Fire Thibs - 62
Fire Thibs in the 1H in a game Knicks ultimately win -17

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YOU WANT A FUCKING PREDICTION! IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT!

Cavs in 7. They get their first series win since Lebron and it is vital for taking their next step. This has to be a series people come out of it saying…wow Garland is a rising star and Mobley can do everything. Don’t put it all on Mitchell. He shouldn’t have to put 35-40 game. Guys need to step and this team needs to get back to playing elite defense.

Season 4 Wow GIF by The Office

Last edited: