• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1st Round: 3) Milwaukee Bucks vs 6) Miami Heat

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably because most players take less than 10 seconds to shoot a free throw.

And players who don’t never have it called.

You all are acting like this is a Giannis thing. It isn’t.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn’t a David Silver thing.

LOL.

You guys are acting like the NBA is the only league where refs don’t count 10 seconds on FTs.

I have watched basketball all my life and I have seen a 10 second FT violation maybe twice.
I really don’t care about it, I was making a general comment about silvers lack of being able to even act like he cares what the league looks like.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don’t care about it, I was making a general comment about silvers lack of being able to even act like he cares what the league looks like.
You bitch about everything LOL

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BS.

If the rule was enforced, his routine would be less than 10 seconds. He has a long routine because the violation isn’t called.

And if he practiced with a routine under 10 seconds he would be just fine. Might even help him shoot better with less time to think.

Enforce it or not, just be consistent. The officials consistently don’t count 10 seconds on FTs.

The rule got enforced. He knows the rule. He could have come up with a routine that's less than 10 seconds. If it's going to be a rule, enforce it. If it's not going to be enforced, get rid of it. It's really that simple.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rule got enforced. He knows the rule. He could have come up with a routine that's less than 10 seconds. If it's going to be a rule, enforce it. If it's not going to be enforced, get rid of it. It's really that simple.

It is like a speed limit.

The rule is there to prevent players from intentionally stalling to delay resumption of play. There has to be something to prevent a player from taking an indefinite amount of time.

But it doesn’t need to be enforced to the letter. Only if people are abusing it.

Because whether you take 12 seconds or 9 it doesn’t really affect anything at all.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is like a speed limit.

The rule is there to prevent players from intentionally stalling to delay resumption of play. There has to be something to prevent a player from taking an indefinite amount of time.

But it doesn’t need to be enforced to the letter. Only if people are abusing it.

Because whether you take 12 seconds or 9 it doesn’t really affect anything at all.

Yeah, until it's enforced. If it's going to be a rule, enforce it. If it's not going to be enforced, get rid of it. It's really that simple. Maybe we should count shots that are released within tenths of a second of the shot clock expiring. After all, it's only there to keep teams from using a 4 corners offense.

Ya know, just enforce it if teams start taking like 28 or 30 seconds to shoot.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, until it's enforced. If it's going to be a rule, enforce it. If it's not going to be enforced, get rid of it. It's really that simple. Maybe we should count shots that are released within tenths of a second of the shot clock expiring. After all, it's only there to keep teams from using a 4 corners offense.

Ya know, just enforce it if teams start taking like 28 or 30 seconds to shoot.

You are making a big deal about something that really isn’t.

Like someone pointed out, 3 seconds is officiated the same way.

Officials are literally taught to start counting once they notice a player has been in there awhile. That is what my buddy who refs college games says he was taught.

You can’t just “get rid of it”.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This conversation is getting sideways.

The point is not whether it should be called. It isn’t called in the NBA, yet @bksballer89 is complaining about Giannis like he expects the refs to call it.

They aren’t going to, and that is consistent with how refs at every level I have seen officiate that rule.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This conversation is getting sideways.

The point is not whether it should be called. It isn’t called in the NBA, yet @bksballer89 is complaining about Giannis like he expects the refs to call it.

They aren’t going to, and that is consistent with how refs at every level I have seen officiate that rule.

I'll ask again what is the point of the rule if you allow people to abuse it? Imagine if with 8 second violation, they allowed guys to cross halfcourt with 13 or 14 on the shot clock?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll ask again what is the point of the rule if you allow people to abuse it? Imagine if with 8 second violation, they allowed guys to cross halfcourt with 13 or 14 on the shot clock?

I stated the point.

It is to prevent players from stalling.

What is the point of complaining about the officials not calling it, when you know as well as I do that they NEVER call it unless it is ridiculously egregious.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are making a big deal about something that really isn’t.

No, actually you are. I don't care. I just agree with @bksballer89

If it's going to be a rule, enforce it. If you're not going to enforce it, get rid of it. It's that simple.

I've been very clear. You're the one who keeps trying to argue and excuse it.
They aren’t going to,

Except, they did. Which is why it's even being discussed.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is the 24 second clock. But if a team takes 24 and 1/10 of a second to shoot, it's a violation.
will agree that if the rule is in effect it SHOULD be enforced. though let's be real, little nuances like this, 3 seconds, etc. are "enforced" differently by different refs...

just sayin'...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
will agree that if the rule is in effect it SHOULD be enforced. though let's be real, little nuances like this, 3 seconds, etc. are "enforced" differently by different refs...

just sayin'...

I agree. Which is why I don't really care. But I agree with bks that it should be enforced. If nothing else, because it just adds to "rigged games" narrative. Especially when you have fans actively counting while the player is at the line (which wouldn't have happened had it not been called).

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Which is why I don't really care. But I agree with bks that it should be enforced. If nothing else, because it just adds to "rigged games" narrative. Especially when you have fans actively counting while the player is at the line (which wouldn't have happened had it not been called).

Normally i wouldn't even care if it is enforced or not but when the fans are counting? It needs to be enforced. Imagine this scenario. Game 7 in Brooklyn and Giannis get fouled with 1 second left in the 4th of a 1 point Brooklyn lead. The crowd counts up to 12 or 13 on both ft attempts which Giannis ends up hitting to eliminate Brooklyn.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop it man.

That rule is hardly ever enforced on any level. And certainly not if the player goes over by a second. And really, that is okay. The player does not gain an advantage by taking a little extra time standing over the FT.

It is kind of like a speed limit. You don’t get a ticket for going a couple MPH over.
Last point a good one for those who say why have the rule if not gonna enforce it. do those people want a ticket for going 36 in a 35 MPH area?