• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1st round 2) Knicks vs 7) Sixers

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
650 points for the Knicks in this series and 649 for the 76ers. Close

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you are clowning yourself.

And refusing to blame the people truly at fault for the 6ers failing to maximize the Simmons asset.
You don't draft a bitch just to trade him. Noboby wanted Simmons because he was a bitch at LSU too. Could never score could never shoot. Trash.

Should have been in a different sport. Maybe volleyball, but too soft for it.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best part of the Sixers getting eliminated early every year is the fact that uoool disappear from this forum again very soon.
It's a trash product in the NBA, but I do love my Sixers.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you are clowning yourself.

And refusing to blame the people truly at fault for the 6ers failing to maximize the Simmons asset.
He really is.

Dying alone on an island.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time you talk about the about the Sixers it's made up bullshit.

It’s actually quite accurate and you just don’t want to hear it

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny GIF

@eaglesnut

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s actually quite accurate and you just don’t want to hear it
What you said was provably wrong and now you are here claiming it's accurate? Colangelo did not draft Maxey.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a moron then.

It is as the right pick at that moment in time.

Yes and no. There were "red flags" when he was at LSU re: how much he "cared" about winning.

I don't recall if there were enough that it should have affected his draft position, but they were there.

Having said that, there definitely wasn't anything to indicate that he would meltdown like he did.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Morning, Fellas…
TGIF

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and no. There were "red flags" when he was at LSU re: how much he "cared" about winning.

I don't recall if there were enough that it should have affected his draft position, but they were there.

Having said that, there definitely wasn't anything to indicate that he would meltdown like he did.

He was worth more than Ingram during the rookie deals by a fair amount

That’s all that matters

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I tease the absolute shit out of @fightinfunbags about Beal & Lavine.

But in all seriouness the Sixers first call in FA has to be Paul George.

After that you can adjust. But a tall, long wing who can shoot and be a creator is just a huge need.

If not, you need more guys like Batum who can man the F slots, not demand the ball a ton, but just be efficient shooters.

In the draft this would be someone like Tristan DaSilva, who is kinda Tobias Harris like...but with functional testicles. Filipowski could be intersting playing next to and then backing up Embiid at times. The other fun idea would be to move up for Knect. Who is exactly what they need. But obviously the cost would need to be right. But if he falls to Hou/ATL range....those teams might need to consider a move down. If he gets to the Bulls at 11 it should be a done deal IMO.

Not getting PG13, you can put your cap space to work. The Hawks need to move some money just to get under the tax, you can probably get Bog or Hunter for a reasonable deal. Possibly both if you really wanted.

After that, going for Caleb Martin is fun, and again, with your cap space you can get Cody Martin from Charlotte...which whatever team signs Caleb should be legally required to do.

They could also flex their money on Gary Trent (who is of age for the maxey timeline) or KCP (more on the embiid timeline) and make it REALLLLLLLY uncomfortable for Denver to match. Both are bigger than Hield, which i think is important. Malik Monk would be the other option. But this would depend on if you keep Melton or not. If MaxeyMelt is your backcourt (and if they are we are 100% making that a thing) then Trent and Monk are probably out. Making bigger one year offers for a guy like Royce O'neal and Kyle Anderson could be fun plays as those teams are second apron and would get taxed up the ass keeping them around. Kyle Anderson seems like a potential target for sure. He's one who can be had IMO.

This isn't a great FA class for forwards, so drafting one like DaSilva might be the better plan.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I tease the absolute shit out of @fightinfunbags about Beal & Lavine.

But in all seriouness the Sixers first call in FA has to be Paul George.

After that you can adjust. But a tall, long wing who can shoot and be a creator is just a huge need.

If not, you need more guys like Batum who can man the F slots, not demand the ball a ton, but just be efficient shooters.

In the draft this would be someone like Tristan DaSilva, who is kinda Tobias Harris like...but with functional testicles. Filipowski could be intersting playing next to and then backing up Embiid at times. The other fun idea would be to move up for Knect. Who is exactly what they need. But obviously the cost would need to be right. But if he falls to Hou/ATL range....those teams might need to consider a move down. If he gets to the Bulls at 11 it should be a done deal IMO.

Not getting PG13, you can put your cap space to work. The Hawks need to move some money just to get under the tax, you can probably get Bog or Hunter for a reasonable deal. Possibly both if you really wanted.

After that, going for Caleb Martin is fun, and again, with your cap space you can get Cody Martin from Charlotte...which whatever team signs Caleb should be legally required to do.

They could also flex their money on Gary Trent (who is of age for the maxey timeline) or KCP (more on the embiid timeline) and make it REALLLLLLLY uncomfortable for Denver to match. Both are bigger than Hield, which i think is important. Malik Monk would be the other option. But this would depend on if you keep Melton or not. If MaxeyMelt is your backcourt (and if they are we are 100% making that a thing) then Trent and Monk are probably out. Making bigger one year offers for a guy like Royce O'neal and Kyle Anderson could be fun plays as those teams are second apron and would get taxed up the ass keeping them around. Kyle Anderson seems like a potential target for sure. He's one who can be had IMO.

This isn't a great FA class for forwards, so drafting one like DaSilva might be the better plan.
Yes Or No Yesssss GIF by Thoka Maer

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid has to prepare for the Olympics.
And let the recruiting begin....