• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1st place sox, Poo-holes to the DL, and Papelbon speaks (again)

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will scan one later from home then.

You're in a no-win situation now, Chic. Easier to cut losses.

Seriously, don't get in the habit of posting pics of self in order to e-prove a point.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're in a no-win situation now, Chic. Easier to cut losses.

Seriously, don't get in the habit of posting pics of self in order to e-prove a point.

Bette yet, don't do it in the first place

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bette yet, don't do it in the first place

Hence the "no-win" portion of the situation.

Once you back down, you get called out on it for the rest of your posting career for starting something you weren't willing to finish. The lesser damage is done by backing down.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hence the "no-win" portion of the situation.

Once you back down, you get called out on it for the rest of your posting career for starting something you weren't willing to finish. The lesser damage is done by backing down.

Yep, I agree. Didn't Rock and Uno get into some sort of war like this a while back? I remember something about it... at least it was something about personal information

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More loft is better, unless you've got a 100MPH swing. Is this one of those grapefruit-on-a-stick oversized mo fo's? They will hit the ball a ton even if you do a 3/4 swing. That's what i had to do to curb my slices, I stopped pulling the clubhead over my shoulders.

Otherwise, I'm no professional, so I'd say get to a coach if you can afford it. Do you use a 2- or 1-iron, since you can hit those straight?

If you/he can hit a 1/2 irons..straight, no reason you can't hit a driver which has a mach larger sweet spot. I'd racommend staying away from the beachball on a string drivers...I can't hit them myself, but also have a solid low iron game (carry a 2I) and find the good old Big Bertha War Bird to my liking...270-ish and straight...can even work the ball a little a put some draw and fade when I need it...

bgko11

It gets u every time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You carry a 5-wood?

i do, 3 wood too. fucking whackadoodle with them too

my problem (one of them, i believe) is i don't open the club face enough in my back swing...so i get zero loft and yank that shit like a line drive double down the first base line (i am a lefty). never slice anymore which is good.

mostly mental for sure, practive swing feels great and then I step up to the ball and....

:gaah:

J_E_T_S

Rihanna >>> Emma
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

my problem (one of them, i believe) is i don't open the club face enough in my back swing...so i get zero loft and yank that shit like a line drive double down the first base line (i am a lefty). never slice anymore which is good.

mostly mental for sure, practive swing feels great and then I step up to the ball and....

sounds to me like your coming over the top of the ball, i'd work on keep the right shoulder (your a lefty) down through impact, and be a touch stronger through the swing with your right wrist and forearm

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[FONT=&quot]Patriots Blog: Dobson Turning Heads, Collins ‘Crazy Athletic’[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]By Levan Reid, WBZ-TV[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]July 29, 2013 10:03 AM[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]View Comments [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
aaron-dobson1.jpg
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]BOSTON (CBS) – Training Camp is in full swing for the New England Patriots, with three practices in the books.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]As camp moves on, you are starting to see some improvement in many areas. Here are a few observations from the first three practices sessions:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Rookie wide receiver Aaron Dobson is turning heads. His height and length are one of the first items that hit you when you see him out there. Then on the field he plays physical. He out played Aqib Talib on a couple of plays on Sunday and got roars from the crowd.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Second-year linebacker Dont’a Hightower called rookie Jamie Collins “crazy athletic.” It’s weird hearing that come from Hightower, because he’s “crazy athletic” himself.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Collins has been running with the first team in camp and because of his versatility, he’s been able line up in different spots and perform already at a strong level. There’s a lot of positive play here. Can’t wait to see them against another team.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Every day at camp so far, Leon Washington is doing more and more. The veteran kick returner/running back is a worker. He understands his job, much like Kevin Faulk did. He may be here to replace the loss of Danny Woodhead, but if Julian Edelman doesn’t get back on the field soon, Washington may take his spot also.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Patriots don’t hit the practice field until later Monday evening, when they hold their annual night practice for the season ticket holders inside Gillette.[/FONT]

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Used have the same problem...fixed it by not taking practice swings on drives and other routine shots...people think I'm rushing, but I'm just trusting 20 years of muscle memory...

I shoot in the low 80's...and enjoy myself thoroughly..if I could putt and chip worth a fuck I'd be a scratch golfer..I'm the king of 6 three putt bogeys per 18...

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you/he can hit a 1/2 irons..straight, no reason you can't hit a driver which has a mach larger sweet spot. I'd racommend staying away from the beachball on a string drivers...I can't hit them myself, but also have a solid low iron game (carry a 2I) and find the good old Big Bertha War Bird to my liking...270-ish and straight...can even work the ball a little a put some draw and fade when I need it...

I think the lighter materials in the big drivers lead to too much hand action. OR, simply having the driver in hand and wanting to crush one 320 messes up your swing!

I use an old Orlimar driver (black ice) and can get it over 200 on occasion, but when i try to get extra yards, the slice returns. So i just take my 190 yards and the middle of the fairway.

I used a Cleveland Classic once at the golfsmith and the launchmonitor said I hit it 240, but I don't always trust those things. "Oh, wowwies, you hit it 300 yards! You should totally buy this driver..."

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I agree. Didn't Rock and Uno get into some sort of war like this a while back? I remember something about it... at least it was something about personal information

What are you talking about? Rock and Uno have always got along. They're like Ox and Dirt.

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds to me like your coming over the top of the ball, i'd work on keep the right shoulder (your a lefty) down through impact, and be a touch stronger through the swing with your right wrist and forearm

better yet...see a swing coach and take a lesson, let a pro diagnose this...

bgko11

It gets u every time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wouldn't doubt it...played baseball a lot more than golf in my lifetime so I am sure there are still remnants of that in my swing.

2 of my good HS friends are pros in the area....problem is their ranges doesn't allow drivers, too short.

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the lighter materials in the big drivers lead to too much hand action. OR, simply having the driver in hand and wanting to crush one 320 messes up your swing!

I use an old Orlimar driver (black ice) and can get it over 200 on occasion, but when i try to get extra yards, the slice returns. So i just take my 190 yards and the middle of the fairway.

I used a Cleveland Classic once at the golfsmith and the launchmonitor said I hit it 240, but I don't always trust those things. "Oh, wowwies, you hit it 300 yards! You should totally buy this driver..."

They just don't feel right in my hands...too whippy...I have the titanium bullet shaft on my birtha...it's stiff as fuck...never swung a graphite driver that I could keep in the fairway consistently...