• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1st place Red Sox brush away hapless Yankees & Arods as old and frail as Jeter

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And boy, does he crack me up

You gotta pay less attention to the bullshit that doesn't directly affect your life

Word. Dirt getting married to his longtime companion is okay with me.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baldwin is endorsing DeBlasio as mayor

He listed all the things more important than the residents of NY to Bloomberg on his watch

It was pretty funny, I think Tuna Fish made the list

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The division is so bad, I'm trying to make a case for someone, and it can't be the Jets or Bills

The Pats as I see them are a lotta Brady and little else for the first time in as long as I could remember, if ever

Ridley is a nice back, but not really much better than anything any team will get out of their running game

I think Amendola, assuming health, will see some massive coverage he has never seen

They will need a receiver to come out of nowhere for them, which is hugely possible

Just think their is more hope than ever for those other scrubs in that division

The defense is better than you're giving it credit, might be the best D in the division...

The running game is better than you're giving it credit, as they finished 7th in the NFL in rushing last year...and they have far and away the best O-line in the division...

Amendola's health concerns, a little over rated..they exist, but he's caught 2 really bad breaks that can be somewhat attributed to having one of the most inaccurate QB's in the league throwing him the ball over the middle, as in...he's leaping and diving and getting demolished as a result...Brady should be able to help keep him in once piece...

There is no hope...not unless Tannenhill (only team that has a prayer) makes a huge leap and becomes a top 15 passing QB...which I don't see, not yet at least.

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Pass me the corn Mom, you fucking retard"

LOL...never called her a retard...but when that group of family gets together? You're not far from the truth...we don't hold back, and at the end of the night we hug and remind each other we all love one another...

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense is better than you're giving it credit, might be the best D in the division...

The running game is better than you're giving it credit, as they finished 7th in the NFL in rushing last year...and they have far and away the best O-line in the division...

Amendola's health concerns, a little over rated..they exist, but he's caught 2 really bad breaks that can be somewhat attributed to having one of the most inaccurate QB's in the league throwing him the ball over the middle, as in...he's leaping and diving and getting demolished as a result...Brady should be able to help keep him in once piece...

There is no hope...not unless Tannenhill (only team that has a prayer) makes a huge leap and becomes a top 15 passing QB...which I don't see, not yet at least.

show me a rookie QB who hasnt regressed in year 2

theyre rare

even brady regressed a touch in year 2 (SB hangover, what have you)

Last edited by a moderator:

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorta agree. Fins D could compete defensively.

Pats accumulate a nice running game, but dont see it as a deciding factor in wins and losses. And IMO a very big reason for their problems in the postseason for a few years running

Fins would have to go 4-2 minimum in the division I would think, to be considered a threat for 10 or 11 wins

But I don't really did-agree with ya all that much

But still think seeing one of the weaker Pats teams in years is quite possible

Outside of division strength, they remind me of our Yankees

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaromir Jagr agrees with Devils

Updated: July 22, 2013, 11:37 AM ET
By Mike Mazzeo | Special to ESPNNewYork.com

The New Jersey Devils have agreed to terms on a one-year contract with right wing Jaromir Jagr, a source told ESPN.com.
Jagr, 41, will help New Jersey attempt to fill the massive void created when Ilya Kovalchuk stunningly elected to retire from the NHL and play in his native Russia's Kontinental Hockey League.
Jagr had 16 goals and 19 assists in 45 games for the Boston Bruins and Dallas Stars this past season. He recorded 10 assists in 22 playoff games with Boston.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
show me a rookie QB who hasnt regressed in year 2

theyre rare

even brady regressed a touch in year 2 (SB hangover, what have you)

Luck will be the exception

He led the league in INTs

I really believe he is a QB that continues to progress every season

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck will be the exception

He led the league in INTs

I really believe he is a QB that continues to progress every season

he didnt lead the league in INT's

romo and brees had 19 each

luck had 18

he needs to get that comp % out of sanchez territory and get over 60%

he does that watch out

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Vick

his first full year as a starter 81.6 ratng

if you recall, he got hurt the following year and only got into 5 games (69 rating)

3rd year, first year after injury, his rating fell to 78.1

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he didnt lead the league in INT's

romo and brees had 19 each

luck had 18

he needs to get that comp % out of sanchez territory and get over 60%

he does that watch out

Ahmad Bradshaw, sneaky fantasy sleeper

Think they make am effort to take some pressure off of Luck this season with that running game

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam Newton

Insane year 3

You watch

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Vick

he didn't start as a rookie...barely played. His second year? Yes..an improvement over that. His second year as a starter? Ehhhh...not so much, 5 games played and stuff....

SportsChic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his first full year as a starter 81.6 ratng

if you recall, he got hurt the following year and only got into 5 games (69 rating)

3rd year, first year after injury, his rating fell to 78.1

So take the two full seasons. just a 3 point drop off.

But I have a problem with Eli Manning as a superstar. He is just lucky in a bottle in the 4th qtr if his team is within a score to win.