• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1990 - 2015 NFL Draft : CHAT

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I played just about every sport growing up, baseball was my first love, played it from T-Ball all the way through HS. Played football from 4th grade through 10th, played hockey for 3 years, soccer for 2 basketball for 4, one year of track and that was just to run after this girl named Amy Armstrong, oh back in the day short shorts were nice! I was good at all sports, well maybe not so much hockey, I was a good skater and had a decent shot but nothing special. I was pretty good at football played cornerback and had some speed but there wasnt alot of passing back in my day, maybe a couple teams but most teams ran it. Played PG for basketball really liked it wasn't bad not sure why I quit playing. I was best at baseball and probably had a chance to do something after high school had I not been an idiot and fucked it up. Oh well we all got our what if stories I reckon.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was terrible at football, so I never had to worry about it! Turns out slow, tall, and way too skinny do not make for a good football player. Too slow to play WR, HB, or CB. Too weak to play LB, TE, FB. Too Small to play the line.

I have never been an athlete. I remember my senior year I made the varsity basketball team. Coach told me when he was letting me know I made the team, you are not a good enough athlete to play on this team, I want you here because you hustle and know where to move without the ball. Every time you beat a teammate for a rebound or get an open shot by following the offensive set it will be motivation for the other guys. Sure enough in practice every time I accomplished something he would lay into who ever I beat........I was not popular on that team.

Back then I was just so happy to be on the varsity team, now looking back it fucking sucks, I busted my ass to learn how to play the right way, and all it ever got me was that?

I killed it in cross country though!(which I ran so I would have great stamina for the basketball season.)

Some coaches can be assholes... The first sport I played in school was 8th grade basketball... I made the team for hustling as well but they never took the time to work with me... He was a good x and o guy but he wasn't much on building on the less gifted... We went undefeated that year and won the city championship and I played a lot and started a couple games because I got rebounds... But the championship game came and I did not log 1 second... That was a tough one at that age... Funny thing is I feel I ended up being just as good at basketball as football but 6'1" isn't very tall for a power forward, so I stuck with football... It's why I try to work fundamentals whenever I work with a kid, if they don't make it as far as their potential can take them it won't be because I didn't give them the tools that I can provide... I'm sure with some work he could have made you more than a Rudy type of player...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit! I was High School Rudy, only without the last game minutes!

Hahahaha I swear I didn't read this when I posted my last sentence... :dhd:

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, he had doggy drama back off man!:nono:

It took him 4hrs and 1 trade to think over all the options then to take Rice in the first round. Interesting pick

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a good football player in HS, but went to a small school. Not a big college market for 6'0'' 210 lb Nose Tackles. Was in Martial Arts my whole life, and about 10 years ago, my best friend and I went to this new thing called MMA. Watching the bouts, I thought I could take a lot of the guys, so I scheduled an ammy fight. A guy from Dallas called and asked if I would fight on a Pro card, I figured getting paid was better than not getting paid, and at 36, what the heck? Won the fight but tore my knee to pieces. Been helping my friend instruct ever since, and am proud to say my son Jared is better than I ever was lol. He's only 20, but has two wins over top 10 Southeast Welterweights in a row. His last fight is up on Youtube, Legacy 49 MMA Jared Owen vs Steve Jones. And Yeah, he's cutting that damn hair before the next fight lol

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milk is OTC and I'll text him. My guess is he will take 2hrs then select Greg Hardy.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a good football player in HS, but went to a small school. Not a big college market for 6'0'' 210 lb Nose Tackles. Was in Martial Arts my whole life, and about 10 years ago, my best friend and I went to this new thing called MMA. Watching the bouts, I thought I could take a lot of the guys, so I scheduled an ammy fight. A guy from Dallas called and asked if I would fight on a Pro card, I figured getting paid was better than not getting paid, and at 36, what the heck? Won the fight but tore my knee to pieces. Been helping my friend instruct ever since, and am proud to say my son Jared is better than I ever was lol. He's only 20, but has two wins over top 10 Southeast Welterweights in a row. His last fight is up on Youtube, Legacy 49 MMA Jared Owen vs Steve Jones. And Yeah, he's cutting that damn hair before the next fight lol

Looks like sunshine from Remember the Titans. Also once again congrats Jared on the awesome wins. :suds:

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey I thought the long hair was cool, I had real long hair back when I was young then it started falling out dammit!

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already did text Milk

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odel suspended 1 game.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some coaches can be assholes... The first sport I played in school was 8th grade basketball... I made the team for hustling as well but they never took the time to work with me... He was a good x and o guy but he wasn't much on building on the less gifted... We went undefeated that year and won the city championship and I played a lot and started a couple games because I got rebounds... But the championship game came and I did not log 1 second... That was a tough one at that age... Funny thing is I feel I ended up being just as good at basketball as football but 6'1" isn't very tall for a power forward, so I stuck with football... It's why I try to work fundamentals whenever I work with a kid, if they don't make it as far as their potential can take them it won't be because I didn't give them the tools that I can provide... I'm sure with some work he could have made you more than a Rudy type of player...

I knew the game, my dad is an awesome player. I used to play with him all of the time, he made sure I played the right way. I was just not much of an athlete in HS. Right out of high school I became coordinated and gained 25 pounds, but it did not do me a lot of good by then! I have no regrets, even at my best athletic shape my peak would have High School for sports. I did much better in intramural leagues after school. I can pass like crazy. I am a ton of fun to play with. I rebound, play solid defense, and hit people for open shots. I don't really look for my shot that often.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's go Western Kentucky I bet $7,500 on you.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty impressive... He took some shots and not once did he look like he panicked, he kept working until he got him... Damn good stuff! Congrats :yes:

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The chicks do dig it lol

But yeah he was distracted by the hair a little... The other guy got a couple of hits in because of it... If he doesn't cut it, I suggest having him braid it for fights... He looked pretty good though... Freakin AWESOME!

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milks quick drafting is the main reason I took last draft off. :L