• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

16 snaps, but still a hell of a debut by Harvin

TheDman875

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harvin hugely responsible for 2 scoring drives. Big 3rd down catch to keep a TD drive going and the kickoff return before the half setting up the Baldwin TD. He even looked great on blocking assignments. Please Football Gods, keep this kid healthy.

On the kickoff, I thought for sure he was gone once he bursted through the 1st wall of defenders. I've never seen such raw speed since Deion Sanders. It was definitely worth the wait to see him do his thing on the field today in a limited role. What an athlete.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My son pointed out that Harvin should get credit on the long bomb to Baldwin too. If you re-watch that play the Minny LB's and Safeties all break towards Harvin as he cut's inside which left Baldwin with one on one coverage down the sidelines and the big catch for a huge gain. We scored on that drive as a result.

I expect to see this happen a lot as teams are forced to contend with the talented Percy Harvin. Wilson should be able to exploit this and almost always find a guy either with single coverage or no coverage at all.

Good times ahead I think. I just hope we can finally see the end of injuries. Losing Kearse yesterday was pretty significant, although if that didn't happen we probably wouldn't have seen that big kick return from Harvin.

TheDman875

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be interesting to see how defenses prepare for Seattle given everyone stays healthy. With Harvin's presence on the field, stacking the box to stop or contain Wilson and Lynch will open up a lot of options in play action. Wilson, Lynch, Harvin, Tate, Baldwin, Kearse, and Miller... all good to great weapons defenses have to account for.

Aside from our big upcoming matchups after the bye, I can't help but circle the Rams game with the Saints and 9'ers. I'm curious to see how this offense fully intact will do against that front 4 that's given Seattle so many problems lately. First the Saints though.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a fabulous time to be a Seahawk fan. This season is going by so fast I remind myself to sit back and enjoy the vibe as much as I can.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a fabulous time to be a Seahawk fan. This season is going by so fast I remind myself to sit back and enjoy the vibe as much as I can.

This season has made me homesick. I miss going to the store on gameday to load up on munchies for the game and seeing all the other 12s decked out in their gear doing the same thing. I loved hearing the occasional "Go Hawks!" from the other aisles.

Now I mostly run into grumpy Skins fans.

briwas101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was good to see him make a contribution rather than simply making it to the field and "returning" but Harvin still only earned 1/3 of his paycheck AT MOST.

Seahawks fans have this obsession with being happy with bad contracts and underperformers.

There are only 2 WR in the entire NFL who average more total compensation per year than Harvin:

Calvin Johnson at $16.2m, 1083 yards and 11 td in 2013

Fitzgerald at $16.1m, 554 yards and 6 td.

Here are the next several:

Mike Wallace at $12m, 534 yards and 1 td

Dwayne Bowe at $11.2m, 426 yards and 3 td

Brandon Marshall at $11.2m, 828 yards and 8 td

Vincent Jackson at $11.1m, 827 yards and 5 td

Desean Jackson at $9.7m, 985 yards and 7td

Andre Johnson at $9.7m, 966 yards and 5 td

Miles Austin at $9m, 125 yards 0 td

Greg Jennings at $9m, 410 yards and 2 td

Out of the 11 highest paid WR in the NFL, percy harvin has done the least.

Harvin has to do more than he did on sunday just to earn HALF his gameday check.

It is absolutely mind boggling that i am the only seahawks fan smart enough to see how badly Carroll and Schneider screwed up on this one.

Harvin is the 3rd highest paid WR in the nfl and out of the top 11 salaries he is number 11 for production.

By the end of the season he will probably pass Miles Austin to become the 10th most productive out of the top 11.

I swear to God, if the Hawks paid a RB $10m a year and he averaged 2 yards per carry i would be the only person complaining.

If the Hawks don't win the super bowl you can blame Carroll and Schneider and Harvin for it.

Seahawks without Harvin's contract (plus keeping our 1st rounder) = Super Bowl Champions

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was good to see him make a contribution rather than simply making it to the field and "returning" but Harvin still only earned 1/3 of his paycheck AT MOST.

Seahawks fans have this obsession with being happy with bad contracts and underperformers.

There are only 2 WR in the entire NFL who average more total compensation per year than Harvin:

Harvin has to do more than he did on sunday just to earn HALF his gameday check.

It is absolutely mind boggling that i am the only seahawks fan smart enough to see how badly Carroll and Schneider screwed up on this one.

Harvin is the 3rd highest paid WR in the nfl and out of the top 11 salaries he is number 11 for production.

By the end of the season he will probably pass Miles Austin to become the 10th most productive out of the top 11.

I swear to God, if the Hawks paid a RB $10m a year and he averaged 2 yards per carry i would be the only person complaining.

If the Hawks don't win the super bowl you can blame Carroll and Schneider and Harvin for it.

Seahawks without Harvin's contract (plus keeping our 1st rounder) = Super Bowl Champions

Oh Look, it's Briwas. Warm up the....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m30mG3JKzA8]Fail button - YouTube[/ame]

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really? omg comparing his production to the other wr who have played most of the season LMAO. Harvin was not brought in to play only 1 season. He is young and will be here for many, i repeat MANY years.

Think about what you said then think about when Tom Brady was lost for the Season but still got his "pay check"

you are the worst troll i have ever seen Briwuss lol.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There you go worrying about Paul Allen's money again. Don't! He's fine!

And yes, if the Hawks are 10-1, in the drivers seat of the NFC and looking and a very favorable schedule for the rest of the season then you would be (and are) the only one complaining.

Once again you preach doom and gloom while failing to offer alternatives. How did Harvin's contract cause this team harm? What players did we lose or fail to obtain because of him? Who should we have drafted with that pick we traded that would make the team superior to what they are now? If you can't give specific answers to those questions then shut up and stop posting here.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the Hawks needed WR help and Harvin is better than Austin and Patterson so who would you have drafted?

Now i get next years 3rd rounder being a little harder to sell, but i also feel the Hawks will recop that pick some how.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get the shtick Briwas, you're hedging your bets. You're giving yourself a safety net to fall into if the Hawks don't win it all this year. If they lose in the playoffs or the Super Bowl you get to thump your chest and say "I was right!"

Here's why this little game you're playing reeks of bullshit. You can't say what the team should have done instead. Let's say the Hawks never traded for Harvin. Who should we have drafted and who should we have signed instead? Don't tip toe around it. NAME NAMES!

You want to be right? Then put it on the line! Say what the team should have done and be specific. Bitching about the things you think the team shouldn't have done doesn't count.

I'm giving you an out here Briwas. Use it or be exposed as the whiny little bitch troll we all know you are.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get the shtick Briwas, you're hedging your bets. You're giving yourself a safety net to fall into if the Hawks don't win it all this year. If they lose in the playoffs or the Super Bowl you get to thump your chest and say "I was right!"

Here's why this little game you're playing reeks of bullshit. You can't say what the team should have done instead. Let's say the Hawks never traded for Harvin. Who should we have drafted and who should we have signed instead? Don't tip toe around it. NAME NAMES!

You want to be right? Then put it on the line! Say what the team should have done and be specific. Bitching about the things you think the team shouldn't have done doesn't count.

I'm giving you an out here Briwas. Use it or be exposed as the whiny little bitch troll we all know you are.

:agree:

Briwuss sounds like a whiner fan so why is he here? go whine with the rest of your brethren on the 49ers board.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WOW! It's been awhile since posting, but damn, what a buzzkill this guy is! Percy Harvin was on pace to become the MVP last year before getting hurt, yet this is the same guy that will be our Super Bowls kryptonite? At 10-1 you can point out certain things that we can improve on, but pointing out how we will fail due to the addition of a top flight receiver makes no sense. :wtf2:

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh wow i didnt even look in this thread til,,Briwas tisk tisk,,Harvin is younger than 80% of those guys and some of them have turned into flops (Austin) for one.

You wait and see what Harvin does with DangeRuss.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what you want about his contract, the bottom line is that Harvin gives this team something that no other player on the roster does, killer speed. I cant fathom how you could fault the team for going out and getting the one thing it lacks on offense at the skill position that could be the difference in a Superbowl birth and win.

TheDman875

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Either you have very selective reading, or you're just a retard. The topic wasn't even about him earning or not earning his contract moron, it was about the game on Sunday. Why bitch about business matters on this board that's completely out of our hands anyway? A smart person would write the front office, so I guess smart evades you yet again.

You completely wasted your own time over something all of us are already aware of. His numbers in comparison to his salary. Talk football, not this crap.

Last edited by a moderator:

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just put him on your ignore lists already so those of us that already have him there don't have to read the crap he posts when he gets quoted in replies. Don't let him take the fun out of a 10-1 start by giving him the satisfaction of responding to his obvious troll attempts. Only a troll would look at what this team has done and decide to focus on Percy Harvin's contract in relation to his current output. He's Eeyore in human form. He's a debbie downer. He's Private Party Pooper. He's Sgt. Buzzkill. When he decides to attach himself to a cause, he doesn't let go. He's gonna be on this for however long Harvin is on the team. The Seahawks could win the Super Bowl this year with Harvin making the championship winning play and he'll come back the next day and tells us all about how Harvin's contract is going to prevent the Hawks from winning it again and how Carroll and Schneider are horrible at their jobs for making it happen. If the mods aren't gonna boot him for obvious trolling, the next best thing is that ignore list.