• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

'14 AL Central Smack Talk Thread

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if anybody from Cleaves thread'll drift over here. Cant stand Cleaves but some of them are pretty cool

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who knows, who cares...if Dark, Stan, Jalopy, Milk stay over there, then the thread will be pretty cool....Cleaves and TrustMe will just hide in the Tigers board and it won't be the "Tigers are the Greatest" thread....boy a lot has changed in that thread in 6 months....for the better and better baseball talk, but changed

I was hoping for Hudson and/or Murphy......but now the Indians signed Murphy....easily a good deal at $5m a year.

Now I have no idea who the Royals are going to get....or worse yet...the only guy I didn't want....Phil Hughes.....arggggg...maybe he will sign a 1 and done deal and pitch his ass off.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who knows, who cares...if Dark, Stan, Jalopy, Milk stay over there, then the thread will be pretty cool....Cleaves and TrustMe will just hide in the Tigers board and it won't be the "Tigers are the Greatest" thread....boy a lot has changed in that thread in 6 months....for the better and better baseball talk, but changed

I was hoping for Hudson and/or Murphy......but now the Indians signed Murphy....easily a good deal at $5m a year.

Now I have no idea who the Royals are going to get....or worse yet...the only guy I didn't want....Phil Hughes.....arggggg...maybe he will sign a 1 and done deal and pitch his ass off.

Do the Royals have any real money to spend? As in top tier free agent money? And, if they have it, any word on whether they will spend it?

From the outside looking in, I would guess no on all fronts.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Santana/Chen opened up about 16 mil...and the piece of the MLB TV contract was 20mil (or 30mil) can't remember...

I think they are trying for Cano or Castilla, its a toss up at this point.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Santana/Chen opened up about 16 mil...and the piece of the MLB TV contract was 20mil (or 30mil) can't remember...

I think they are trying for Cano or Castilla, its a toss up at this point.

"Look ma, I found sarcasm" ( At least I hope I did.....:noidea: )

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

& Hudson signed with the Giants...

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think they are trying for Cano or Castilla, its a toss up at this point.

- - - - - -

"Look ma, I found sarcasm" ( At least I hope I did.....
noidea.gif

HA HA! Yes, I hope it was sarcasm. Even the Yankees are telling Cano and his agent to take his 10 yr/$300 mill demand and stuff it.

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez has walked out on his arbitration hearing -- where he's appealing a 211-game suspension by Major League Baseball for his ties to the Biogenesis scandal -- in anger, calling the process a "farce."
A-Rod's full statement on the matter:
I have sat through 10 days of testimony by felons and liars, sitting quietly through every minute, trying to respect the league and the process. This morning, after Bud Selig refused to come in and testify about his rationale for the unprecedented and totally baseless punishment he hit me with, the arbitrator selected by MLB and the Players Association refused to order Selig to come in and face me.
The absurdity and injustice just became too much. I walked out and will not participate any further in this farce.
I am too good for this....dougplayer says I have HEART!

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ah, people who actually tell what sarcasm is....a refreshing change.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ah, people who actually tell what sarcasm is....a refreshing change.

Especially for me, who became famous for my lack of ability in the area. And, for me, I only have issue "from the written page". I would imagine it would be the same for most, but I know I am no good at it.

Maybe that is why one of my nicknames on a former site was Larry Literal.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, I am guessing that the AL Central smack talk doesn't change from year to year like CBS did?

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, I am guessing that the AL Central smack talk doesn't change from year to year like CBS did?

??

You mean having a new and seperate thread, or, do you mean the content and posters changing?

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
??

You mean having a new and seperate thread, or, do you mean the content and posters changing?

a new and seperate thread.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty sure it won't be an AL Central Tigers thread this year.

It'll be the same thing as it has been for the last 3 years -- Royals fans will talk about how this year is their year and then fade away as the season goes on.

Cleveland will be competitive, but unless they win the wild card -- they aren't making the playoffs.

The division is Detroit's -- only way they don't win is if their pitching staff suffers multiple injuries.

Dombrowski's trade of Fielder for Kinsler shows why he is one of the best GM's in baseball. Saved 76 million dollars, picked up a 2nd basemen, who will he isn't as good as he was, is still an upgrade for the Tigers. It now gives the Tigers flexibility on the infield -- they can play Cabrera at 1st or 3rd, they can bring up Castellanos to play 3rd. They can rest Cabrera and put VMart at 1st. It improves the defense and adds some speed to the lineup. Also gives them options in their lineup, as Kinsler can bat leadoff, while AJax can be moved down in the lineup or vice versa.

The money it frees up gives Detroit the ability to sign bullpen help or they can re-sign Scherzer. The can still trade Scherzer and stock pile prospects or MLB ready talent. They will also find someone to play LF for them.

I know fans of AL Central teams can't stand the Tigers were able to get rid of Fielder, while picking up Kinsler.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dark, Milk, TO, Stan all seem like kick arse baseball guys...Cleaves and TrustMe seem scared to throw out stats now, lol.....hilarious to say the least..

Scared of what? You have two type of fans -- those who believe value is in producing on the field and those who believe value is derived from mathematical equations derived from arbitrary numbers.

I'll take the guy who produces on the field 100 times out of 100.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know fans of AL Central teams can't stand the Tigers were able to get rid of Fielder, while picking up Kinsler.

Yeah, given how much the CLE-KC-MIN fans on here trashed Fielder, I can't see how any can disagree that this move strengthens the Tigers.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be the same thing as it has been for the last 3 years -- Royals fans will talk about how this year is their year and then fade away as the season goes on.

Cleveland will be competitive, but unless they win the wild card -- they aren't making the playoffs.

The division is Detroit's -- only way they don't win is if their pitching staff suffers multiple injuries.

Dombrowski's trade of Fielder for Kinsler shows why he is one of the best GM's in baseball. Saved 76 million dollars, picked up a 2nd basemen, who will he isn't as good as he was, is still an upgrade for the Tigers. It now gives the Tigers flexibility on the infield -- they can play Cabrera at 1st or 3rd, they can bring up Castellanos to play 3rd. They can rest Cabrera and put VMart at 1st. It improves the defense and adds some speed to the lineup. Also gives them options in their lineup, as Kinsler can bat leadoff, while AJax can be moved down in the lineup or vice versa.

The money it frees up gives Detroit the ability to sign bullpen help or they can re-sign Scherzer. The can still trade Scherzer and stock pile prospects or MLB ready talent. They will also find someone to play LF for them.

I may be way off on this, but please bear with me. My take on the question that caused your reply was that it had much less to do with what team is winning or losing, but much more to do with what team fans chime in on this thread, and how often.

If I am right on that, then my opinion is the same as 55's. Threads get old and old fast if you have just 1 main point of view and perspective from the fans of just one team. In fact, that should be what the team threads are for, for those who want only their favorite teams slant.

Now, how to fix it, and how to bring more balance? I have no idea. I have trying to find and strike this kind of balance for many years, across 2 different sites. Sadly, some fan bases are just more and more vocal than others, and, it seems all the more difficult to get posters from teams that are losing to post as regular as those who are winning.

So, all we have to do is overcome a certain aspect of human nature, then........?

Soap box stored.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, given how much the CLE-KC-MIN fans on here trashed Fielder, I can't see how any can disagree that this move strengthens the Tigers.

Oh, 1000 percent agree...this move does strengthen the Tigers not only in the lineup but in opening up money to create an overall better team....

This is the type of move that actually looks like the Tigers want a ring...now if they don't get a new bullpen with the extra money....throw that out the window...

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Guess I should have read this before I posted....I tend to ignore your posts anymore, usually to homer influnced and incomplete stats.

Tigers fans have been saying its "their year" for only the last 7 years...whoppie....and for the first time, they look like they made the right move...no way I thought this when they signed Fielder. The "best" Gm in the league at least realized his mistake in Fielder and did something about it, kudos to him for fixing it....(which STL still has the best GM in the league, but Detroits GM is top 5...TB, OAK, still ahead of him to name a few others)

They actually already look like the strongest lineup in 29 years now....if they don't replace the entire bullpen with the extra money they just created...that would be the worst problem the GM continues to ignore and not address.

Tigers just moved from 5th best team to 2nd or 3rd....The Rangers are going to end up like the Rangers of the early 2000's with ARod's contract and drop in the standings.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GO TRIBE!

We picked up David Murphy and now we don't have to see Prince's fat ass as much. :happy: